Author Topic: Hulu - am I missing something?  (Read 9719 times)

eltee

Re: Hulu - am I missing something?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »
Weren't those converter boxes free for a while?

Yes, if you scored a government coupon. But at the time, I didn't think I was going to need one.
I still haven't received my coupon. I tried to use the converter box, no dice. Opted to get cable+internet combo at a good price. Funny, I hardly watch TV and watch it online (no DVR).

Mad Men starts in August, not sure they have all episodes online at Hulu or what's the channel? TNT? or AMC?
Can't you stream or rent via Netflix. Can't believe you haven't watched the last season - so good!

James Ford

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 03:28:37 pm »
Do you burn your garbage in a barrel in your backyard to save the cost of a trash service?

Growing up we did. Until we accidentally burned down the outhouse and chicken coop and thought better of it. Then we just threw it all into the pickup and hauled it to the dump.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:30:12 pm by James Ford »

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 03:37:38 pm »
Its a money saver if you don't want cable and just want to watch TV when you want to. Problem is that its very limited to what you can watch. I honestly enjoy it for the fact its available whenever you feel the need to check it out. As of now, I watch Burn Notice, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad, The Cleaveland Show, and 30 Rock all on HULU. But like I said, it depends on what you want to see.

Mobius

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 04:49:33 pm »
Currently Season 2 of Arrested Development is up . . .which is nice

thirsty moore

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 05:54:01 pm »
Is Season 1 up? No? Well screw that then! What's the use?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 06:00:59 pm »
Anyone know if they show the latest Mad Men online? My wife is going to be screaming for that when the next season starts.
Idt so. AMC is really anal about letting out Mad Men and Breaking Bad. No streaming on their site (or any third party site I've seen), no "marathons" before the new seasons begin, and their VOD never has more then 3-4 episodes of Mad Men at a time, and never any Breaking Bad. I think they're trying to promote DVD/bluray sales.

Mobius

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 06:08:58 pm »
Is Season 1 up? No? Well screw that then! What's the use?

Season 1 was available until Jan. 10 . . .Season 2 is available until April then Season 3 . . .Lame that all 3 seasons aren't available all the time but its still cool to be able to rewatch the episodes that are there

thirsty moore

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 06:10:47 pm »
That said, Breaking Bad's an awesome show and I hope you all are going to watch it!!!

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 07:45:42 pm »
That said, Breaking Bad's an awesome show and I hope you all are going to watch it!!!

Breaking Bad is the best; the new season starts next month.

eltee

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 09:18:28 pm »
Its a money saver if you don't want cable and just want to watch TV when you want to. Problem is that its very limited to what you can watch. I honestly enjoy it for the fact its available whenever you feel the need to check it out. As of now, I watch Burn Notice, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad, The Cleaveland Show, and 30 Rock all on HULU. But like I said, it depends on what you want to see.
So it's a time saver then too? (to have them all in one spot) Because you can watch the same shows at the network. I wanted to catch up on "Burn Notice" via Hulu but they don't have the entire season up right now. Hulu only shows what is currently offered / streamed by a network right? (FX doesn't show the entire season either and that is where Hulu links the stream)
I just go to some of the sites you all told me about a few months ago...they keep past seasons up.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 10:36:46 am »
I recently canceled my cable and am relying on online streaming including Hulu, and so far I've got to say that overall that approach is not ready for prime time....   and probably will never be.  It's hard to imagine the networks and cable channels going along with something that would eliminate a key revenue stream.
_\|/_

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 11:07:19 am »
My biggest beef with Hulu is they blocked streaming via PS3s in order to cave in the idiocy of the content providers who wanted their shows to be only seen on a computer via the service.  See a PS3 is no-no since it's only attached to a TV, guess none of the studio morons have ever heard of a home theater computer.   Sure was fun to hook my MacBook up to my TV and watch Hulu :)
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 11:43:08 am »
My biggest beef with Hulu is they blocked streaming via PS3s in order to cave in the idiocy of the content providers who wanted their shows to be only seen on a computer via the service.  See a PS3 is no-no since it's only attached to a TV, guess none of the studio morons have ever heard of a home theater computer.   Sure was fun to hook my MacBook up to my TV and watch Hulu :)

maybe they just don't want pimply faced virgin nerds who collect star wars lightsabers to watch hulu.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 09:15:25 pm »
So it's a time saver then too? (to have them all in one spot) Because you can watch the same shows at the network. I wanted to catch up on "Burn Notice" via Hulu but they don't have the entire season up right now. Hulu only shows what is currently offered / streamed by a network right? (FX doesn't show the entire season either and that is where Hulu links the stream)
I just go to some of the sites you all told me about a few months ago...they keep past seasons up.

Thats where Hulu gets you. They'll post up the recent episodes of all shows that are in progress right now. But they will not give you entire seasons unless they have permission.

Now, if you want the full season of shows to watch, go to www.sidereel.com. They've got it all so far from what I'm seeing.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 12:42:10 am »
😐 🎶