Author Topic: HR and Fishbone  (Read 2419 times)

smakawhat

HR and Fishbone
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:45:42 pm »
Was it just me, or was I the only one who saw H.R. play with Fishbone to "Banned in DC" ?

Hey I am just saying.... 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: HR and Fishbone
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:51:18 pm »
Sorry, I can't help you out. I thought this was going to be another fishy restaurant thread.

Never mind...

smakawhat

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:05:46 am »
fuck chain restaurants ... does that make you feel better...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:09:22 am »
fuck chain restaurants ... does that make you feel better...

Yes! And I whole heartedly agree.  ;)

conorh98

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:39:32 am »
How incredible was that? I was psyched in the first place that Dirty Walt was back with the band. Joe Keys made a brief appearance and then HR! Any idea who the other musician that was playing on Banned was? Somewhere I saw that a guy from Devotchka or something was there too. I had low expectations for the show, but it was really great. Hopefully they come back as a headliner soon. It sounded like they got more of a reaction than the English Beat. 

smakawhat

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 01:11:05 am »
I was really concerned that Walt wasn't going to be at the show... man when I saw him up there I can't begin to describe how happy I felt.  His voice is a friggin CANON...

andyrichter

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 01:45:52 am »
Was HR actually awake during the song?  The first (and undoubtedly last) time I saw Bad Brains he mumbled/stumbled/forgot lyrics to 75% of the set. 

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 08:48:04 am »
Any idea who the other musician that was playing on Banned was? Somewhere I saw that a guy from Devotchka or something was there too.. 

So a guy from a marginally successful band from Colorado, not currently on tour, shows up to play one song with opening act Fishbone at the 9:30 Club? For some reason, I highly doubt that.

conorh98

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:49 am »
You're right, James. It was Gogol Bordelo. Sorry about that

Well shit man! We had Snake and the guys from Trouble Funk, tommy from Gogol Bordello, and then we did a special version of Banned In DC ...