Author Topic: World Cup 2010  (Read 54993 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: World Cup 2010
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2010, 12:13:51 pm »
what a terrible call by the ref......jesus christ.

that being said, i think the US are in if england beats solvenia and the US beats Algeria...regardless of the England / Algeria outcome.

Staralfur25

« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2010, 12:15:37 pm »
amazing comeback!!!!!!!!!  I love it    ;D

James Ford

« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2010, 12:21:23 pm »
Did Borat score any goals for that slovenly country that were playing?

smakawhat

« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2010, 01:34:38 pm »
NUKE MALI!  friggin disgrace.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2010, 04:30:50 pm »
woohoo!!! england tied, great news for the US. A win over Algeria and the US is in. A draw and an a Slovenia win and the US is in. A draw and an England/Slovenia 0-0 or 1-1 draw and the US is in.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:32:24 pm by Got Haggis? »

vansmack

« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2010, 05:52:00 pm »
Alright, most of my reports have been on facebook, but here's a 9:30 exclusive, just so my mom doesn't hear it....

Nearly got in my first fight tonight....with an England fan (not surprising).

After the US draw (which is a great result BTW), a group of English fans walked by us, to which I nodded.  One guy's response was "Don't fucking nod at me."  Fine, but in my head I was thinking a US draw is great for a country that can't find a single person among 40 million that can catch the ball.

But then he chanted "Where are your Towers?"

Kudos to the English hooligans for knowing the tipping point of every country in the world, and of course this sent a pack of Americans in his directions.  I called out to him "right next to your Tube and goal scoring ability" but alas cooler heads prevailed, thanks mostly to the lads he was with.

After the 0-0 draw with Algeria, I saw the first guy in the pack who was carrying the St. George's Cross flag.  He came up to me to apologize for the earlier incident.  I asked him where his boy was.  "Oh, he was arrested about 5 minutes before kickoff for starting a fight in the bar..."

"Yeah, no shit."   
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 06:02:45 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2010, 06:02:19 pm »
I wish I had printouts of this to handout tonight:

27>34

Got Haggis?

« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2010, 06:06:18 pm »

saw this on facebook....its in edinburgh, heh.  made me chuckle.

hutch

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2010, 08:46:08 pm »
Man what days! A lot of action..

England is in trouble I think...They really looked like crap...

I don't know why every World Cup I buy the England hype... ..

Very ticked off about the US getting robbed...it seems to happen almost every game! The US players and mainly the US SOccer Federation need to take a stand...won't change anything now but perhpas going forward could help

hutch

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2010, 08:58:25 pm »
Vansmack glad you're staying out of trouble! :)

Sounds like a blast!

Argentina is looking at resting a lot of players for its game against Greece.. a lot of key players picked up yellows which won't get cleaned til after quarters if one makes it that far....then there's some injury concerns..

Got Haggis?

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2010, 03:30:17 pm »

"guess that explains everything"

walkonby

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2010, 07:27:53 pm »
i don't think it would be fun to be a ref.  the most hated participant on the field by all fans no matter what the reason.  the most scorned when any type of mistake is made.  a player could take another player to the ground with such force, where it was clearly done on purpose and that the ankle literally bends the other way so that player is done for a very long time . . . but if the ref misses it and yes it is proved on television replay that it was forced, the ref would be the one to hunt down and kill, not the player at fault.

hutch

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2010, 09:10:40 pm »
i don't think it would be fun to be a ref.  the most hated participant on the field by all fans no matter what the reason.  the most scorned when any type of mistake is made.  a player could take another player to the ground with such force, where it was clearly done on purpose and that the ankle literally bends the other way so that player is done for a very long time . . . but if the ref misses it and yes it is proved on television replay that it was forced, the ref would be the one to hunt down and kill, not the player at fault.

Lets not make excuses...this COULIBALY cockroach stole the win from the US.. and then didn't even have the decency to say what he called..

THe weirdest thing is he was born on the 4th of July!

There are good refs that will make mistakes but there is the ocassional ref that makes a decision to influence the outcome of the game.. they are two different breeds...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2010, 12:36:34 pm »
Guess ESPN will be adding that seven second delay to their broadcast  ;D
T.Rex

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2010, 03:19:27 pm »

But then he chanted "Where are your Towers?"

Kudos to the English hooligans for knowing the tipping point of every country in the world, and of course this sent a pack of Americans in his directions.  I called out to him "right next to your Tube and goal scoring ability"

I'm so disappointed.  THAT'S the best you could come up with?

?Our Libertines (and their solo projects) have held up better than your Strokes (and their solo projects.)?
?The Gordon Brown Revolution....that lasted a tidy ten minutes, didn?t it??
?We figured out the Gallagher brothers had run out of ideas/ways to rewrite 'Dear Prudence' and 'All the Young Dudes' FIFTEEN years ago.?
?I don?t care how hard he tries.  Robbie Williams is never going to be a star over here.?
?We?ve got your Morrissey.  Who do you want in return??
?Dane Cook on his absolute worst day is a MILLION times funnier than Russell Brand on his best.?
?Our Kerry Katona did a lot of coke and stayed rail thin.  Your Paris Hilton did a lot of coke and got horribly fat.?
"Gerrard's goal in the first four minutes was a great debut.  The stuff you did in the next twenty minutes was good to ok.  And then everything after that has been cliched and terrible.  Is that in the English DNA?"

Perhaps some of those are a bit wordy.

Brian