Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377293 times)

atomicfront

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #600 on: July 27, 2010, 03:38:43 pm »
Oh well don't pick up any  of your tickets then.  I am sure there is a party of two somewhere that wants to go.

vansmack

« Reply #601 on: July 27, 2010, 05:50:55 pm »
I'd rather miss FreeFest than miss a day with her.

Deal.  I'll take Celeste to the show.  Tell her I'll bring the sunscreen...
27>34

eltee

« Reply #602 on: July 27, 2010, 08:50:02 pm »
The language on the event was clear.

That is all about that!
Huh?
I think, James she is saying you would have been told of cancellation at this point?
I just read the address rule on the ticket page...there was a whole lotta reading while trying to obtain tickets. I only heard about the rule via the forum while the sale was happening.

TF I didn't get the free d/l not sure I want it, but is it emailed?

atomicfront

« Reply #603 on: July 28, 2010, 03:18:25 am »
did they say there was another artist yet to be announced? 

James Ford

« Reply #604 on: July 28, 2010, 07:41:22 am »
Perhaps you should be the one working for TF.  ;)

The language on the event was clear.

That is all about that!
Huh?
I think, James she is saying you would have been told of cancellation at this point?
I just read the address rule on the ticket page...there was a whole lotta reading while trying to obtain tickets. I only heard about the rule via the forum while the sale was happening.

TF I didn't get the free d/l not sure I want it, but is it emailed?

Yada

« Reply #605 on: July 28, 2010, 01:08:34 pm »
When can we expect a schedule to be announced?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #606 on: July 28, 2010, 02:16:40 pm »
When can we expect a schedule to be announced?

IMO: 48 hours before the show.  be grateful if it's any sooner than that.  virgin fest/freefest have traditionally been foot-draggers when it comes to scheduling.
<sig>

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #607 on: July 28, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »
I think I posted this once before. But this is the exact text that was on the ticket page BEFORE you chose your tickets and entered card info:

"TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Do not buy tickets from a secondary source!

There is a 2 ticket limit per person/credit card/address. Over the limit orders will be cancelled. Must have ID matching name on ticket for entry."

Thanks. Kittens and hugs and flowers.

-Amy

James Ford

« Reply #608 on: July 28, 2010, 03:08:26 pm »
Not trying to be a smartass, but was that info on any page if you chose not to donate to a charity, and hence no credit card page appeared?

Also, given that each page pf the ticket "purchase" was on a timer system, I imagine many people didn't read the fine print in fear that the delay caused by reading the fine print would cause them to time out. I know the first time through, I got timed out (due to website slowness, not my own slowness). Not making excuses for myself, just commenting that I imagine many people feel rushed and hence aren't able to read the fine print.

You said those whose orders are being cancelled will be contacted by customer service. At what point will this be done?

Thanks again.

I think I posted this once before. But this is the exact text that was on the ticket page BEFORE you chose your tickets and entered card info:

There is a 2 ticket limit per person/credit card/address. Over the limit orders will be cancelled. Must have ID matching name on ticket for entry."

-Amy

Vas Deferens

« Reply #609 on: July 28, 2010, 03:16:28 pm »
James Ford,

Once they sort through 30,000 orders?  Wonder if they're doing that now? Care to share, TFlyAmy?

I'm sure that you will receive an email (?) from TF once they determined that you did 2 orders,... or maybe not (human error likely?) and they somehow miss it...  ;D  GOOD LUCK!!!

You said those whose orders are being cancelled will be contacted by customer service. At what point will this be done?

(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #610 on: July 28, 2010, 03:25:58 pm »
I would think that doing a database sort and search would take about five seconds. And then dumping the email addresses of the perpertrators into a mass email would take about five more seconds.

But i'm not any kind of expert, so that's just a guess. Maybe it's more tricky.

James Ford,

Once they sort through 30,000 orders?  Wonder if they're doing that now? Care to share, TFlyAmy?

I'm sure that you will receive an email (?) from TF once they determined that you did 2 orders,... or maybe not (human error likely?) and they somehow miss it...  ;D  GOOD LUCK!!!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #611 on: July 28, 2010, 03:43:27 pm »

Did you use two separate email addresses? 
(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #612 on: July 28, 2010, 03:55:57 pm »
I used mine, my wife used hers.

Did you use two separate email addresses? 

Shadrach

« Reply #613 on: July 28, 2010, 04:14:05 pm »
It wasn't fine print. It was posted in bold, all caps, red letters on the page before you made your selection. We are not responsible for those who chose not to read this disclaimer.

Some folks just choose not to read. We post signs all over out in front of the venue before each show with things like "Illegal Drug Use Will Not Be Tolerated" and "No Photo, No Audio, No Video" and still bust people for illegal drug use or using cameras and recording devices.

If you get pulled over for speeding and tell the cop you didn't see the sign with the posted speed limit you're not going to get much sympathy.

Not trying to be a smartass, but was that info on any page if you chose not to donate to a charity, and hence no credit card page appeared?

Also, given that each page pf the ticket "purchase" was on a timer system, I imagine many people didn't read the fine print in fear that the delay caused by reading the fine print would cause them to time out. I know the first time through, I got timed out (due to website slowness, not my own slowness). Not making excuses for myself, just commenting that I imagine many people feel rushed and hence aren't able to read the fine print.

Thanks again.

-Amy

James Ford

« Reply #614 on: July 28, 2010, 04:18:38 pm »
Have you considered a careeer in law enforcement?  ;D

So basically if there are more than two people in a household, the pruchaser should have read the large print and made up a bogus home address and would have been fine? I'm sure many people did that.

In essence it seems that the rule penalizes people who didn't read the rule, rather than serving as some kind of scalping filter, right?

It wasn't fine print. It was posted in bold, all caps, red letters on the page before you made your selection. We are not responsible for those who chose not to read this disclaimer.

Some folks just choose not to read. We post signs all over out in front of the venue before each show with things like "Illegal Drug Use Will Not Be Tolerated" and "No Photo, No Audio, No Video" and still bust people for illegal drug use or using cameras and recording devices.

If you get pulled over for speeding and tell the cop you didn't see the sign with the posted speed limit you're not going to get much sympathy.

Thanks again.

-Amy
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:39:54 pm by James Ford »