Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377381 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2010, 01:11:26 pm »
I think it was crap to wait during all of Weezers set to get into the pavilion.  Then after they were done I was allowed into the pavilion.  That was crap.  What if you got to take a piss and you are with your friends?  You have to wait and be penalized/punish to wait or go to concessions?  Screw that.  I was able to get into the pit and move all the way to the second row in the pit during Blink.  How about giving out reserved seats, GA Pit, and Lawn this year to Free Fest ticket buyers?  I want to move and use the facility.  Right now I rather go to Epiccenter 2010 and see Kiss, Eminem and Bush Reunion if Virgin Fest can't bring Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, or any other big band.

you really come across like a spoiled, whiny little kid.  if they do hand out lawn/pav/pit tix for freefest, how much will you bitch when you don't get a pit ticket?

please, go to your kiss/eminem/bush suck-fest.  freefest won't miss you.

wouldn't it be funny if those bands are actually at freefest?  ;D

lol.  the board gods/festival goddesses would be demonstrating a keen sense of humor.

I think it was crap to wait during all of Weezers set to get into the pavilion.  Then after they were done I was allowed into the pavilion.  That was crap.  What if you got to take a piss and you are with your friends?  You have to wait and be penalized/punish to wait or go to concessions?  Screw that.  I was able to get into the pit and move all the way to the second row in the pit during Blink.  How about giving out reserved seats, GA Pit, and Lawn this year to Free Fest ticket buyers?  I want to move and use the facility.  Right now I rather go to Epiccenter 2010 and see Kiss, Eminem and Bush Reunion if Virgin Fest can't bring Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, or any other big band.

I wasn't in the pavillion the entire day.   Second stage was where it was at.  I hope we don't get Pearl Jam or Soundgarden so there won't be a bunch of  douches anyway.

on the other hand, having SG or PJ on the main stage = less people at the second stage, which as you pointed out is where is was at last year.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2010, 03:31:40 pm »

I wasn't in the pavillion the entire day.   Second stage was where it was at.  I hope we don't get Pearl Jam or Soundgarden so there won't be a bunch of  douches anyway.
If Nickelback doesn't headline Free Fest I'll lose all faith in Seth. Forever.
‼‼?‼‼

rich_WDC

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2010, 04:57:46 pm »
Pavilion Seating:  My "wristband" concept certainly ain't perfect but was meant just as much to solicit suggestions from the enhanced geniusness that is the Forum as it was meant to be new festival policy.     
I understand the beauty of walking-around and taking in the festivalness aspect of the fest.   Remember, though, that the setup at MPP is different than Lolla, etc (or at Preakness site where this  fest should be if it were not free....) -- there's concrete and permanent seating, plus lots of out-of-sun seating upfront which brings on a different vibe and flow.
I also understand the "ya-gotta-do-what-ya-gotta-do" idea, as in if you really really want to be upfront for the band at 7pm, then you should get out there at 11a and just wait out the day.  (But then you miss so much else of course)
And I understand the "free" aspect.   
I'm just assuming that I.M.P. will provide toilets that flush and that they won't take out the fantastic lawn sculptures just because it's a free fest.   Similarly, if they're gonna provide traffic control and policy/procedure for pavilion access, then I posit there is p-o-s-s-i-b-l-y a better system then the lines last year.
Anyone with good fan-pleasing and venue-manageable ideas?

blinkboy

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2010, 05:14:40 pm »
i loved it last year.....everyone was fighting over on the main stage to see the bands i didnt want to see while i got to see all the ones i wanted in a lovely atmosphere on stage two.

i like the Mainstream stage / Less Mainstream stage idea :)

atomicfront

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2010, 07:53:14 pm »
Pavilion Seating:  My "wristband" concept certainly ain't perfect but was meant just as much to solicit suggestions from the enhanced geniusness that is the Forum as it was meant to be new festival policy.     
I understand the beauty of walking-around and taking in the festivalness aspect of the fest.   Remember, though, that the setup at MPP is different than Lolla, etc (or at Preakness site where this  fest should be if it were not free....) -- there's concrete and permanent seating, plus lots of out-of-sun seating upfront which brings on a different vibe and flow.
I also understand the "ya-gotta-do-what-ya-gotta-do" idea, as in if you really really want to be upfront for the band at 7pm, then you should get out there at 11a and just wait out the day.  (But then you miss so much else of course)
And I understand the "free" aspect.   
I'm just assuming that I.M.P. will provide toilets that flush and that they won't take out the fantastic lawn sculptures just because it's a free fest.   Similarly, if they're gonna provide traffic control and policy/procedure for pavilion access, then I posit there is p-o-s-s-i-b-l-y a better system then the lines last year.
Anyone with good fan-pleasing and venue-manageable ideas?

Really how close can you get for the headliners at Lolla?  Last year I was a mile even for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.  I mean if they do the wristband thing odds are you won't get one and you will have zero time in the pavilion.  And there will people like me who have a wristband who might only want to see one mainstage band and the rest of the time my seat would be empty.

Fooer

« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2010, 02:04:54 pm »

you really come across like a spoiled, whiny little kid.  if they do hand out lawn/pav/pit tix for freefest, how much will you bitch when you don't get a pit ticket?

Trust me I always get the tickets and/or the ticket section I want.  I pay attention and get through ticketmaster or any ticket agency either ticketfly, artist presale tickets via another site etc. thats selling tickets.  Trust me I'm way ahead of the game.  I'm not here to stop trouble but if you ask me you shall receive my answer.  Usually the truth isn't nice.  It's true and can be validated.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2010, 02:08:19 pm »
Firebutt McGee made it from 2 miles away to close to the front 10 minutes prior to YYYs hitting the stage. LOL!

Really how close can you get for the headliners at Lolla?  Last year I was a mile even for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.    
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2010, 02:10:00 pm »
Guys, can we all just trust this guy?  Please?

Trust me I always get the tickets and/or the ticket section I want.  I pay attention and get through ticketmaster or any ticket agency either ticketfly, artist presale tickets via another site etc. thats selling tickets.  Trust me I'm way ahead of the game.  I'm not here to stop trouble but if you ask me you shall receive my answer.  Usually the truth isn't nice.  It's true and can be validated.

atomicfront

« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2010, 02:26:39 pm »

The whole thing you forget it's a free festival.  No one (at IMP, people on this board, KISS, etc. etc) cares whether you go to Free Fest or not.  If you don't go there will be 1000 people in your place ready to have a great time for free.  I never went inside the pavillion and had a great time.  You seem to feel like you are owed something.  It is free you should be happy with that.  There was hardly anyone at Franz Ferdinand and you could go to the facilities anytime you wanted.   The Karoake stage was super cool.   Dance Stage was fun.  Stop worrying about whether you are in the front row and just enjoy life. 

Got Haggis?

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2010, 02:02:54 pm »

hutch

« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2010, 04:16:23 pm »
For me last year the second stage was also where it was at.. hope its the same this year.....

I caught some of Weezer while having a beer at the bar and then a little from lawn...

Got Haggis?

« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2010, 11:11:43 am »
searched twitter and saw this "in studio for @virginfestival #freefestsessions w/ rival schools! amazing... so psyched for the new album"

Fooer

« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2010, 10:43:58 am »
Expect Pavement to play Virgin Free Fest.  Other possibilities Soundgarden, Buckcherry, 3 Days Grace, A Day to Remember, Mastodon, Gaslight Anthem & Rise Against.

atomicfront

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2010, 11:06:40 am »
Other possibilities  Buckcherry, 3 Days Grace, A Day to Remember, Mastodon, Gaslight Anthem & Rise Against.

None of those acts sound like A-list material. 

nkotb

« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2010, 11:14:49 am »
Or "good."  As in "none of those acts sound."

Other possibilities  Buckcherry, 3 Days Grace, A Day to Remember, Mastodon, Gaslight Anthem & Rise Against.

None of those acts sound like A-list material.