Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377530 times)

runwhiteyrun06

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2010, 12:42:35 pm »
VirginFestival‎: For those who are wanting the #FreeFest presale code...I highly suggest you "Like" Virgin Mobile Festival on Facebook. (*winkwink*)

I'm a rarity and don't use Facebook.  Care to pm me said wink wink  ;D

Hasn't been announced yet.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2010, 12:43:53 pm »
I got mine shipped to me also, 0$

hmmm.... I'm pretty sure I was charged 10 bucks for some reason
Thats why I was blown away, I didnt think it would be compleetely free, but they were shipped to my house, and the tickets worked, and no extra fees
‼‼?‼‼

Got Haggis?

« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2010, 12:50:11 pm »
i think there was an option to pay $5 and have it donated to the homeless youth charity....but there was a bug in the system at first and some people got charged $5 regardless if they wanted to donate or not.

wml7

« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2010, 01:49:19 pm »
look at the minions bow down in fear of the mighty sethy.  how sad.  censorship or banning just because somebody has an opinion about something . . . just finally proved what kind of place this really is.  maybe we do need a fillmore.

you going to freefest walky??  I know there is no Phish or Widespread Panic, but there is Jimmy Eat World  ;D

atomicfront

« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2010, 02:25:19 pm »
if someone finds a pre-sale password could they PM me?  Thanks.

azaghal1981

« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2010, 02:44:16 pm »
I was charged the $5 but it was eventually refunded.
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:51 pm »
i like how noboby has commented on the fact that sethy blew up on james ford because he called alot of the bands announced before they were announced, in a demeaning way that was right on target.  god, that james ford is the reason i jerk off at night.

and if i had beer in my house that tasted like my mother's pussy . . . i'd call it "slappy's sloppy hair lip."

walkonby

« Reply #247 on: July 20, 2010, 06:45:31 pm »
look at the minions bow down in fear of the mighty sethy.  how sad.  censorship or banning just because somebody has an opinion about something . . . just finally proved what kind of place this really is.  maybe we do need a fillmore.

you going to freefest walky??  I know there is no Phish or Widespread Panic, but there is Jimmy Eat World  ;D

somehow i think i have a moving target on me now.  if i show, sethy will aim the helicopter guns right at me . . . thinking a 'nam flashback would taste really good right about then.

wml7

« Reply #248 on: July 20, 2010, 07:14:28 pm »
i like how noboby has commented on the fact that sethy blew up on james ford because he called alot of the bands announced before they were announced, in a demeaning way that was right on target.  god, that james ford is the reason i jerk off at night.

and if i had beer in my house that tasted like my mother's pussy . . . i'd call it "slappy's sloppy hair lip."

I think Sethy was confusing James Ford with Julian, or no?  Either way all that stuff was a few pages back so maybe a lot of people didn't see it  ;D

heather

« Reply #249 on: July 20, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »
deep breath, y'all.... let's deflate the situation with... the cutest cat pic EVER.

i'm pretty excited about the line up.  thanks seth & all!

atomicfront

« Reply #250 on: July 20, 2010, 09:15:38 pm »

I think Sethy was confusing James Ford with Julian, or no?  Either way all that stuff was a few pages back so maybe a lot of people didn't see it  ;D

James Ford was criticizing the 30th anniversary line-up before he knew any of the bands.  He criticized the Virgin line-up before it was announced.  These are free shows.  Seth has a reason to be pissed.  It is like getting mad about your Christmas presents before you even get them. 

walkonby

« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2010, 09:16:34 pm »
deep breath, y'all.... let's deflate the situation with... the cutest cat pic EVER.

i'm pretty excited about the line up.  thanks seth & all!

cute?  yes.  cutest ever?  no.  

that would be this:

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2010, 07:46:46 am »

James Ford was criticizing the 30th anniversary line-up before he knew any of the bands.  He criticized the Virgin line-up before it was announced.  These are free shows.  Seth has a reason to be pissed.  It is like getting mad about your Christmas presents before you even get them. 

exactly

although more like getting mad about your presents in general

my dad always taught me "a gift is something you didn't have before"

I think I've weathered enough criticism here to prove I can handle that...but, actually, I didn't consider that an attack on me anyway

azaghal1981

« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2010, 07:54:55 am »
I've been reading/posting on this board for over six years and James Ford has been nothing but a condescending prick on here for as long as I can remember. That seems to be his only purpose. Oh yeah, he's fluffed Jeff Tweedy a couple times too I guess.

One would have thought that he would've learned something from his brief exile but I guess not.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2010, 08:40:32 am »
REgarding my 30th anniversary show comment...

It was made in response to someone who was saying they were sick of all the talk of the final episode of LOST. I was basically responding that I was sick of all of the endless speculation regarding the 30th anniversary show. If Person A hadn't condescendingly shitted on LOST fans, I wouldn't have responded with my smartass comment.

Regarding my prediction of this year's Virgin Fest lineup. Get over yourself. Countless people on this board have made insulting predictions in the last year regarding this year's lineup. As many have made equally insulting comments about last years lineup. Moreover, I have stated numerous times that I actually thought last year's lineup was a good lineup, and that I enjoyed the day. My comment predicting "some crappy 90's band like Pavement, Soundgarden, or FNM" reflects my distaste for the "alternative/indie" music of that era. If anyone takes that as condescending or as an insult, then they're pretty thin skinned.

As for this years lineup, very little appeals to me, but I'm sure the indie hipsters are singing it's praises.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:44:15 am by James Ford »