Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 380860 times)

shemptiness

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2010, 04:52:43 pm »
The tickets sold out really quick last year. REALLY quick. Your best bet is to get one during the pre-sale.

Can you really have a sold out show when the tickets are free?

betao

« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2010, 04:54:54 pm »
Yes... you do still have a limit to how many you can fit into the venue...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #287 on: July 21, 2010, 05:13:55 pm »
The tickets sold out really quick last year. REALLY quick. Your best bet is to get one during the pre-sale.

Can you really have a sold out show when the tickets are free?
*sigh* Really?

How about "freed out"

Better?
‼‼?‼‼

Bags

« Reply #288 on: July 21, 2010, 05:19:03 pm »
And a heads up -- last year you could only get TWO tickets.

10sweets

« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2010, 05:22:55 pm »

But last year had more bands that the general public and teenagers love (The amount of 14 year olds walking around in blink-182 shirts was ridiculous). Most of the artists this year aren't on the same level of popularity. That being said, people will buy tickets just to sell them second hand.

mahimahi1414

« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2010, 05:29:33 pm »
Any word if they're doing paperless tickets this year? Hopefully that'll discourage a lot of scalpers.

killsaly

« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2010, 05:46:32 pm »
This looks loads better than last years.  The Dance area could use some work.  Im not too familiar with Neon Indian or Sleigh Bells, but the songs I have heard from them make me wonder who will actually be "dancing" to them.

Im most excited at the moment for Die Antwoord.  I love that hard as fuck afrikaans flow.  Im also glad to finally be able to check off seeing Pavement, Edward Sharpe, MIA, Matt & Kim, and Yeasayer. 

Hieronymus

« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2010, 07:03:23 pm »
This looks loads better than last years.  The Dance area could use some work.  Im not too familiar with Neon Indian or Sleigh Bells, but the songs I have heard from them make me wonder who will actually be "dancing" to them.

Im most excited at the moment for Die Antwoord.  I love that hard as fuck afrikaans flow.  Im also glad to finally be able to check off seeing Pavement, Edward Sharpe, MIA, Matt & Kim, and Yeasayer. 

Yeah, Neon Indian are a lil' sleepy but they're danceable. As for Sleigh Bells, reports of their live presence vary, but it's well-nigh impossible for a crowd not to dance/mosh/headband to their music. Don't worry, the "Dance Forest" has a glorious lineup and should be plenty dance-y.

Pumped for Die Antwoord as well -- only group I have seen is Yeasayer, and they're fantastic live.

wml7

« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »
So anyone think the ticketfly website will go haywire on Friday for these freefest tickets??  Another Phish scenario?  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2010, 11:22:49 pm »
So anyone think the ticketfly website will go haywire on Friday for these freefest tickets??  Another Phish scenario?  ;D

if so, i'll call it bitter hipsters whining . . . .

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2010, 12:09:39 am »

i'm afraid of this too, i was just thinking about that earlier today.  hopefully it will be will-call only, or paperless ticketing, or name printed on ticket, or SOMETHING to limit scalping.  if only people interested in attending are let through, the system will be fine.  but interested attendees + all the would-be scalpers (who will out-number the attendees several times) = phish part 2.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2010, 08:33:53 am »
Do you think it would be worth it to go to the Merriweather box office on Saturday morning?  I live right down the street.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #297 on: July 22, 2010, 08:35:57 am »
I live right down the street.

woohoo!  freefest pre-party @ k8teebug's!!!

(i'd call first, or ask in the FAQ, to make sure the box office will be open saturday at 10 - if it will be, i'd go for it)
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #298 on: July 22, 2010, 08:39:29 am »
to do what?

Do you think it would be worth it to go to the Merriweather box office on Saturday morning?  I live right down the street.
(_|_)

K8teebug

« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2010, 08:45:02 am »
They will be open.