Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377515 times)

James Ford

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #495 on: July 23, 2010, 03:37:49 pm »
fuck off douchebag

I think my family was screwed because we were honest. If one of us had given a fake home address (real address unnecessary since they're being emailed to you), we could have gotten the two pairs (actually one pair and a third, I was going to give away the fourth) we needed.

Sorry to bone your roommates, but thems the rules.
That's odd. It should be regulated per credit card / email since James is right about shared addresses (for those that made donations, two people at the same address, with different payments for those teens, it seems fair to let them both get tickets).
Alls I know is when it comes time, I hope my $30 behind the scenes donation payment to the homeless teens is not messed up. Didn't do the seat option for $125  - that is silly for a designated seat and too much $ for a semi-small festival; donation or not.

give it a rest dude..its a bit tiresome to read so much whining from you... you were whining about the 930 30th anniversary then seth called you out and you backpedaled.. then you whined about the virgin fest and how it would suck then seth called you out and you backpedaled.. now it turns out you want to go but didn't get the number of free tickets you wanted...

give me a break dude..seriously.

hutch

« Reply #496 on: July 23, 2010, 03:40:17 pm »
fuck off douchebag

I think my family was screwed because we were honest. If one of us had given a fake home address (real address unnecessary since they're being emailed to you), we could have gotten the two pairs (actually one pair and a third, I was going to give away the fourth) we needed.

That's odd. It should be regulated per credit card / email since James is right about shared addresses (for those that made donations, two people at the same address, with different payments for those teens, it seems fair to let them both get tickets).
Alls I know is when it comes time, I hope my $30 behind the scenes donation payment to the homeless teens is not messed up. Didn't do the seat option for $125  - that is silly for a designated seat and too much $ for a semi-small festival; donation or not.

give it a rest dude..its a bit tiresome to read so much whining from you... you were whining about the 930 30th anniversary then seth called you out and you backpedaled.. then you whined about the virgin fest and how it would suck then seth called you out and you backpedaled.. now it turns out you want to go but didn't get the number of free tickets you wanted...

wow "fuck off douchebag"?

Ok dude, keep whining and good luck to you!

hutch

« Reply #497 on: July 23, 2010, 03:45:00 pm »
Anyways here is a question (sorry to distract from James Ford's whining about how he did not get enough tickets and his poor family was screwed):

Where are the General Admission tickets? Anyone know? Are they pit or what? They say General Admnission so you don't get a seat or its first come first seated in a seated area and if you leave you have to find another seat?

atomicfront

« Reply #498 on: July 23, 2010, 03:52:17 pm »
fuck off douchebag

If your tickets get taken away from you I am sure someone who actually likes the bands playing at the festival will get them instead.  You can feel good about that.  Or you could buy the 125 dollar tickets if you want more than 2. You would end up with 3 festival tickets for 125 dollars which is a pretty good deal

Bags

« Reply #499 on: July 23, 2010, 04:02:02 pm »
That's how they ran the whole pavilion last year.  If you were with friends, someone could save your seat, but you had to wait on line to get back in to the Pavilion.  This is why, if you really want to sit, paying for the reserved seats makes some sense.  But, a lot of folks don't mind not being in the pavilion (particularly as, at this point, folks don't know which bands will be at the Pavilion stage versus stage 2, which has no seating).

GA is everywhere but the VIP reserved pavilion seats.  I don't know if they'll have a pit area.  I never went in the pavilion last year.

Anyways here is a question (sorry to distract from James Ford's whining about how he did not get enough tickets and his poor family was screwed):

Where are the General Admission tickets? Anyone know? Are they pit or what? They say General Admnission so you don't get a seat or its first come first seated in a seated area and if you leave you have to find another seat?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #500 on: July 23, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »

if it's like last year, GA tickets get you everywhere including the floor/pit.  BUT, security limits how many people can get in to the pavilion.  once the floor and the seats are full, you have to wait in line to get in to the pit or the pavilion (people enter as others leave, one-for-one).  lines might be longer & slower this year since some of the pavilion will be reserved for the $125's.

the second stage is out in a field, festival-style.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #501 on: July 23, 2010, 04:42:12 pm »

Solidified to the dance forest, you need the 125$ to go to the rest of the festival.
‼‼?‼‼

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #502 on: July 23, 2010, 05:31:49 pm »
the $125 seats guarantee you admission into the pavilion at all teams (and, of course, the entire festival)

but they are GA...not reserved

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #503 on: July 23, 2010, 05:54:03 pm »
So seth: will ONLY $125s be allowed in to the pavilion, or will some free/cheap ticket holders be let in too, space allowing? What about the floor/pit?
<sig>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #504 on: July 23, 2010, 06:32:10 pm »
everyone will be allowed in the pit, up to capacity

mdh9857

« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2010, 06:37:36 pm »
I understand all of the frustration on here, but realize that it's a free show.  Anyone who gets a ticket has the pleasure of going, we aren't owed anything.  The fact there was a presale shows that there was an attempt at loyalty which is an additional thought to those here.  I didn't get tickets, in fact I didn't even get a presale notification, but like I said I wasn't owed going to this show, it's a gift.  If I get one tomorrow, I'll go, if not, then no.

It's a concert people, let's hold it together.  if you miss a show its not the end of the world.

James Ford

« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2010, 07:33:02 pm »
ok fair enough

fuck off douchebag

If your tickets get taken away from you I am sure someone who actually likes the bands playing at the festival will get them instead.  You can feel good about that.  Or you could buy the 125 dollar tickets if you want more than 2. You would end up with 3 festival tickets for 125 dollars which is a pretty good deal

James Ford

« Reply #507 on: July 23, 2010, 07:33:45 pm »

you're totally right, thanks for adding perspective

It's a concert people, let's hold it together.  if you miss a show its not the end of the world.

shemptiness

« Reply #508 on: July 23, 2010, 07:49:04 pm »
Either we have very wise souls on here or our meds are kicking in.  Or both.

wyokidrock

« Reply #509 on: July 23, 2010, 08:22:11 pm »
Anyone know if a baby needs a ticket to get in?  I'm thinking of taking my 11 month son to his first concert.