Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 381155 times)

atomicfront

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #510 on: July 24, 2010, 02:39:14 am »
Anyone know if a baby needs a ticket to get in?  I'm thinking of taking my 11 month son to his first concert.

Why would you take a 11 month old to this?  Really bad idea.  Leave the kid at home. 

James Ford

« Reply #511 on: July 24, 2010, 07:17:39 am »
Do you have an 11 month old kid? Why would you say this?

At 11 months, there's a good chance the kid doesn't even walk, so it's not going to be hard to handle. Just shove a breat in its face. The key thing is lots of sunscreen and keeping it out of the blazing sun. But this year its in late Sept, so less blzing sun.

We took our then two year old last year, and she was fine. Though perhaps that says more about the toughness of her mom than anything. And yes, our two yr old needed a ticket. The Merriweather site says under 2 free to most events, but i can;t remember if that was the case for this one.

Anyone know if a baby needs a ticket to get in?  I'm thinking of taking my 11 month son to his first concert.

Why would you take a 11 month old to this?  Really bad idea.  Leave the kid at home. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #512 on: July 24, 2010, 09:48:02 am »
advice for those looking to get tickets this morning:

- expect the website to crash again, and be thankful if it doesn't.
- keep an eye on 930's and TF's facebook and twitter pages.  and this board.  someone might post a back-door link.
- be patient and keep trying.  don't assume this won't sell out in 5 minutes.  tickets will be available for a while (30 to 40 minutes, at least).  until you've gotten to the ordering page, put in a request and are told "no tickets left" - try, try again.
- remember the tickets are free, and try not to wrap your whole existence into this.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #513 on: July 24, 2010, 09:49:38 am »
Do you have an 11 month old kid? Why would you say this?

my only concern would be volume and potential hearing damage, but if you stay towards the back of the lawn all should be fine.

And yes, our two yr old needed a ticket.

was she carded?  couldn't you have said she was a large 22 month old?
<sig>

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #514 on: July 24, 2010, 09:58:23 am »
Hey All-

We've made some changes and are hoping for a new day!

Use this link for the Virgin Fest today:

http://ticketf.ly/9WV5ht

-Amy

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #515 on: July 24, 2010, 10:09:07 am »
^ Crashed already.

Was logged in and started my order at 10:00AM on the dot. By 10:01 I got a reply that Free tickets were already sold out.

I know a whole lot of people are ready to swipe them all up but seems the hacks have their bots on this one already. Hope I'm wrong though. Maybe it's just that you need to use this new link.... which is gonna take some patience and constant reclicking and refreshing. (Crossing fingers while refreshing.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:11:44 am by Jaguar »

10sweets

« Reply #516 on: July 24, 2010, 10:09:39 am »
The site wont load for me after I select the tickets, so I guess it crashed again. :(

joeposh

« Reply #517 on: July 24, 2010, 10:11:04 am »
It crashed as my girlfriend was on the last step of the checkout process. She got a "web session" expired message.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #518 on: July 24, 2010, 10:14:33 am »
It crashed as my girlfriend was on the last step of the checkout process. She got a "web session" expired message.

got my "web session expired" note at the same point
nothx

Hieronymus

« Reply #519 on: July 24, 2010, 10:15:43 am »
Got through but then wouldn't go past the login and the time limit ran down.

GODDAMN IT

At least a friend'll let me use her second ticket.

I don't blame Ticketfly too harshly, though... It may suck that people don't get to go to a free show, but the advantages of trying to break/avoid the TM/LiveNation monopoly outweigh this. The simple fact is that processing this many orders all at the same time is pretty unwieldy with today's available technology. Plus, the amount of service charge saved doing TF not TM could pay the $175 a couple times over.

Just sayin'. There's another perspective.

eltee

« Reply #520 on: July 24, 2010, 10:15:55 am »
The fact there was a presale shows that there was an attempt at loyalty which is an additional thought to those here.  I didn't get tickets, in fact I didn't even get a presale notification,
The pre-freesale code was via VirginFest's site mailing list. Perhaps 930/IMP or TF or Virgin are behind the site and thus, the emails. I recall, I started receiving emails from VFest by signing up for email updates at their site. I don't think the email was sent specifically to boardies, but to those on VFest email list. The 930 blast came out mid-day Thursday, & did not provide the code. Eventually, FB for VFest did Wed. night, only after VFest sent an email. No criticisms, no side commentary to what you wrote above, mdh, I'm only writing this  b/c I thought it would be helpful to let people know where I think the emails / updates come from so they too, can sign up. The Virgin Festival website for emails/information. (Click on "keep me posted": http://www.virginmobilefestival.com/#/home)
Obviously, any newbies should also sign up for 930 blast in case I'm way off on the emails pertaining to this particular festival.

killsaly

« Reply #521 on: July 24, 2010, 10:17:19 am »
Finally it worked and I snagged my two, see everyone there!!!!!

Keep trying!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #522 on: July 24, 2010, 10:21:50 am »
Ticketfly sucks a fat dick. Thanks, IMP.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #523 on: July 24, 2010, 10:25:18 am »
Finally it worked and I snagged my two, see everyone there!!!!!

Keep trying!

Well, that's a good sign.

Trying a different route, I couldn't even get to TF via the 9:30 front page banner ad. Heavy, heavy traffic. I'm hoping that they do hold out for awhile as others get their tickets and yet others just give up for a bit.

I'm just happy that this is happening on a Saturday rather than a work week morning. There was no way yesterday that I could try for the pre-sale since it was absolutely impossible for me yesterday to get online or even use the phone.

Che

« Reply #524 on: July 24, 2010, 10:25:55 am »
Ticketfly does suck I keep getting to the last step and then it says time expired.