Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377362 times)

wml7

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #810 on: September 22, 2010, 05:25:43 pm »
where is walky?  as he would be making fun of us for freaking out over a free event

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #811 on: September 22, 2010, 05:30:08 pm »
so VIP and Regular GA Pavillion are selling for the same price? ($125?)

are the livingsocial tickets GA or assigned?

the livingsocial tickets appear to have the same seating rights as a VIP ticket - probably the center pavilion.

I saw that, but my question is how are they going to differentiate them? How are they identifying people who qualify for VIP perks (especially in regards to parking since VIP could still be will call)?

easy - they give you different colored bracelets.  if you don't have a "full VIP"-colored bracelet, you can get in to the pavilion but won't be given access to the vip bar, the backstage tour, etc.

don't worry about the lanyard thing.  sounds like that came through a sponsor or organizer. 

where is walky?  as he would be making fun of us for freaking out over a free event

except that we're not talking about the free tix, we're now spending $60 or $125 (or, more precisely, considering spending $60 or $125...) 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:46:11 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

mahimahi1414

« Reply #812 on: September 22, 2010, 06:06:47 pm »
Is it possible the schedule could be drastically changed in the event TI does show?

The official word from festival organizers: "We were waiting for final confirmation from T.I.'s camp, but they're focused on tomorrow's hearing and we've not gotten a final commitment. With that in mind, we adjusted set times to give artists more playing time. If T.I. is able to make it, we'll gladly adjust the schedule."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/clicktrack/2010/09/freefest_schedule.html?hpid=news-col-blog

My guess is they'll cut down on all the fire shows and slide TI into one of the final three slots, but would they keep them all on the side stage? And if they move TI, MIA and Luda, would the earlier acts get moved as well?

My group is planning on staying for Jimmy Eat World through Matt and Kim so if they move them to the side stage where I know I can get right up front that would be awesome.

joeposh

« Reply #813 on: September 22, 2010, 06:24:40 pm »
Is it possible the schedule could be drastically changed in the event TI does show?

The official word from festival organizers: "We were waiting for final confirmation from T.I.'s camp, but they're focused on tomorrow's hearing and we've not gotten a final commitment. With that in mind, we adjusted set times to give artists more playing time. If T.I. is able to make it, we'll gladly adjust the schedule."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/clicktrack/2010/09/freefest_schedule.html?hpid=news-col-blog

My guess is they'll cut down on all the fire shows and slide TI into one of the final three slots, but would they keep them all on the side stage? And if they move TI, MIA and Luda, would the earlier acts get moved as well?

My group is planning on staying for Jimmy Eat World through Matt and Kim so if they move them to the side stage where I know I can get right up front that would be awesome.

This is the longshot scenario that I'm hoping for, as I'm guessing it was the original plan.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #814 on: September 22, 2010, 06:55:25 pm »
"but I also have a VIP access pass to wear around my neck at the show"

I paid $125 and bought a $30 as backup for the backstage so a total of $155. I have the two tickets but no VIP access pass? Did yours come with the tickets?

Thanks,

I also have two electronic VIP tickets, but no access pass.

Will I be able to pick this up on Saturday?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #815 on: September 22, 2010, 07:09:50 pm »
the VIP tix have all that VIP stuff

we made a deal a while back with Living Social to sell some pavilion tix at half that price without all the VIP stuff

the pit is open to everyone on 1st come 1st serve

the vast majority of the show was given away for free...30,000+

hopefully it will be a great show for everyone

now lighten the fuck up all of you

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #816 on: September 22, 2010, 07:14:39 pm »
Yes!!

the VIP tix have all that VIP stuff

we made a deal a while back with Living Social to sell some pavilion tix at half that price without all the VIP stuff

the pit is open to everyone on 1st come 1st serve

the vast majority of the show was given away for free...30,000+

hopefully it will be a great show for everyone

serpent boy

« Reply #817 on: September 22, 2010, 07:21:14 pm »

Haha another reason why Seth rules.

nkotb

« Reply #818 on: September 22, 2010, 07:28:26 pm »
Agreed.  Why can't we all just accept a free show with great headlines (a first for the Virgin Fest around here, IMO)?  Christ almighty, you'd think we actually PAID something for these tix.

Thanks for the clarification, though.  I did snatch up a pavilion seat, so I'm all set there.  And if I can swing pit...so be it!

Haha another reason why Seth rules.

hutch

« Reply #819 on: September 22, 2010, 07:31:51 pm »
Still unclear to me... are the Pavilion tickets going on sale tomorrow (2 for 1) VIP?

joeposh

« Reply #820 on: September 22, 2010, 07:43:05 pm »
Still unclear to me... are the Pavilion tickets going on sale tomorrow (2 for 1) VIP?

Where did you hear that?

fatskippy

« Reply #821 on: September 22, 2010, 08:14:51 pm »
So the Living Social 52% off is false advertising?

hutch

« Reply #822 on: September 22, 2010, 09:03:50 pm »
ok the answer to the 2 for 1 is in this weeks email from 930

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #823 on: September 22, 2010, 09:05:11 pm »
Nkotb: we ARE paying something - $60 or $125. Sorry if you missed that part of the conversation.

Fatskippy: it's sorta looking like it.

<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #824 on: September 22, 2010, 09:57:09 pm »
So the Living Social 52% off is false advertising?

If the original Living Social offer said VIP, then yes.  It doesn't now.