Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377367 times)

Hieronymus

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #825 on: September 22, 2010, 11:04:18 pm »
Yeah, that schedule is pretty miscalculated crowd-wise. Fuck T.I. if his shitty meth habit is what made this so wonky.

That said, it's pretty tight that fireworks will go off at the end of Pavement's set... which I'll be watching from afar, thanks from the pavilion move.

The idea that 1) Pavement would play before LCD and that 2) they've got a theoretically larger audience than MIA and Ludacris is mind-boggling, though.

fatskippy

« Reply #826 on: September 22, 2010, 11:21:25 pm »
So the Living Social 52% off is false advertising?

If the original Living Social offer said VIP, then yes.  It doesn't now. 

This is the part that is false advertising, straight from their page "52% off the $125 value".  If you're not getting everything that the $125 ticket gets, its not a % off anything, its a different ticket.

blinkboy

« Reply #827 on: September 23, 2010, 08:16:49 am »
can someone post this on here, thart link wont load!!!!!

K8teebug

« Reply #828 on: September 23, 2010, 08:30:05 am »
That is because it's expired.

blinkboy

« Reply #829 on: September 23, 2010, 08:46:12 am »
but of course, i found it on baltimoresun though.

thanks.  looks like im glad i got a pavilion seat as i dont see much of anything not in the pavilion or dance forest i'll be that interested in.

nkotb

« Reply #830 on: September 23, 2010, 09:16:51 am »
And sorry if you missed my post saying I bought the $60 ticket on top of my free ones:

We bitch that there's no festivals in the area, and then Seth brings on (more or less) to our doorstep.

Then we bitch that the price is more expensive than any other festival in other cities (which is odd, since travel and hotels are involved, but whatever), and then Seth makes it free.

Then we bitch that the line-up sucks for our marginalized tastes, and then Seth gives us TWO headlines that a vast 90% of us should enjoy, plus a line-up that is pretty custom tailored to the taste of this board.

Then we bitch that the bands we want to see will either play against each other, or get shafted with the time slots, and then they release the schedule showing both Pavement & LCDSS are playing on the mainstage, each getting over an hour, and playing back to back.

Then we bitch that we only got the free tickets, so we can't get into the pavilion seats to see these bands, and then Seth works out a deal to get us into the pavilion for HALF THE FUCKING PRICE OF THE VIP SEATS.

Then we bitch that it doesn't include all of the free VIP bullshit that we probably wouldn't have taken advantage of anyway.

Jesus Christ, this thing better make Seth money hand over fist...I can't imagine the incessant bitching from this board would make it worth it...

Nkotb: we ARE paying something - $60 or $125. Sorry if you missed that part of the conversation.

K8teebug

« Reply #831 on: September 23, 2010, 09:25:38 am »
Frankly, I'm super excited that Joan Jett, Pavement, and LCD are all playing in the pavillion.  I'm a little sad about missing Sleigh Bells, but they'll be back soon enough.  I'm glad TI cancelled so everyone gets a little longer to play.

PLUS, it's will likely be a nice day on Saturday, the beers at Merriweather are pretty reasonably priced for a concert venue (I think last year, it was around 8 bucks for a 24 oz. Stella!), and you can bring in 2 bottles of water.

So, this girl is happy.

Yada

« Reply #832 on: September 23, 2010, 09:32:55 am »
Frankly, I'm super excited that Joan Jett, Pavement, and LCD are all playing in the pavillion.  I'm a little sad about missing Sleigh Bells, but they'll be back soon enough.  I'm glad TI cancelled so everyone gets a little longer to play.

PLUS, it's will likely be a nice day on Saturday, the beers at Merriweather are pretty reasonably priced for a concert venue (I think last year, it was around 8 bucks for a 24 oz. Stella!), and you can bring in 2 bottles of water.

So, this girl is happy.

I agree!!

James Ford

« Reply #833 on: September 23, 2010, 09:33:43 am »

Then we bitch that the line-up sucks for our marginalized tastes, and then Seth gives us TWO headlines that a vast 90% of us should enjoy, plus a line-up that is pretty custom tailored to the taste of this board.

Speak for yourself.

Jesus Christ, this thing better make Seth money hand over fist...I can't imagine the incessant bitching from this board would make it worth it...

I highly doubt that Seth loses any sleep over any amount of bitching us dweebs here on this board do.

The rest of your rant sounds fine.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:37:59 am by James Ford »

Got Haggis?

« Reply #834 on: September 23, 2010, 09:36:13 am »
I had a great time last year and really only cared about seeing 1 or 2 bands.......regardless of where bands are playing, I'm sure I'll have a great time this year as well.

forum meetup?

nkotb

« Reply #835 on: September 23, 2010, 09:36:53 am »
Ugh, I'm trying to be dramatic here James.  Stay with me!!!!

Fine, you're a 10% outlier, in with azaghal, snailhook, etc.  Still, 90% of us are pretty psyched to see Pavement and (possibly) LCDSS's last area show.  Plus, it's fucking free if you want it to be...no one forced anyone to pay money for this show.

Speak for yourself.

I highly doubt that Seth loses any sleep over any amount of bitching us dweebs here on this board do.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #836 on: September 23, 2010, 09:38:34 am »
nkotb, you bitch way more than we bitch....
(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #837 on: September 23, 2010, 09:39:20 am »
Post ammended.

I pretty much agree with everything else you say.

Just trying to be contrary on the minor points.  ;)

Ugh, I'm trying to be dramatic here James.  Stay with me!!!!

Fine, you're a 10% outlier, in with azaghal, snailhook, etc.  Still, 90% of us are pretty psyched to see Pavement and (possibly) LCDSS's last area show.  Plus, it's fucking free if you want it to be...no one forced anyone to pay money for this show.

Speak for yourself.

James Ford

« Reply #838 on: September 23, 2010, 09:39:53 am »
I bet you find it sexy.

nkotb, you bitch way more than we bitch....

wml7

« Reply #839 on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:00 am »
If the set times holds up to be true I'll just stay in the pavilion in the pit all day, or try that is  ;D