Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377483 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #855 on: September 23, 2010, 02:45:56 pm »
yeah, last year i had a great time just sitting in the grass under a tree people watching and hanging out with friends while drinking a few beers.  it was relaxing.....and best of all, free.

walkonby

« Reply #856 on: September 23, 2010, 02:47:13 pm »
for those of you who smoke, merriweather is smoke free.  Just an fyi.  Yes, I know it's outside...

I don't think they've allowed tailgating there for a while.

merriweather sucks.  their lot sucks.  getting there sucks.  the beer prices sucks.  maryland cops suck.  the lawn sucks.  the sound sucks.  i'll take pier six any day.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #857 on: September 23, 2010, 02:48:51 pm »
for those of you who smoke, merriweather is smoke free.  Just an fyi.  Yes, I know it's outside...

merriweather sucks.  their lot sucks.  getting there sucks.  the beer prices sucks.  maryland cops suck.  the lawn sucks.  the sound sucks.  i'll take pier six any day.

Nothing like a Maryland Crabby queen.

Brian

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #858 on: September 23, 2010, 02:54:13 pm »

and Jiffy Lube Live is ??
T.Rex

walkonby

« Reply #859 on: September 23, 2010, 02:54:28 pm »
would you like me to whip up some homemade "tarter sauce"?

and to a gay guy . . . going someplace involving "live lube", sounds awesome.

wml7

« Reply #860 on: September 23, 2010, 03:02:24 pm »
so what time are you getting to the show walky?  ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #861 on: September 23, 2010, 04:50:55 pm »
No tailigating allowed in the parking lots either? Lame! Ive heard this one is ACTUALLY true. Man.

the festival is free to those attend but bills still need to be paid., so of course they are going want you to buy food and drink inside the venue
That's what sponsors are for! I'm still going to buy beer there, but who wants to walk in stone cold sober? Pft. It's going to be like 1 or 2pm when I get there! Unacceptable.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #862 on: September 23, 2010, 04:53:14 pm »

Bags

« Reply #863 on: September 23, 2010, 05:05:41 pm »
Fuck it, I'm not even going.  I'm shutting up.

pretty sure living social is not vip.. just go look at ticketfly page when you try to buy tickets

yes hutchy is right, the living social tickets are just the plain 125 ga tickets because it says so right on the ticketlfy page  ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 05:09:20 pm by Bags »

atomicfront

« Reply #864 on: September 23, 2010, 05:34:57 pm »

Man you are wet noodle.   You can tailgait at merriweather.   People set-up tents and barbacue.  It is against howard county law to smoke in public but they don't enforce it at merrieweather. 

I love the sound at merriweather.  Beach House was amazingly beautiful at merriweather.  Best sound I have ever heard from them and I have seen them in some tiny places. 

Beer at merriweather is better than 930 club.  You can get 24 oz for 8 bucks.  They have a huge selection.   Last year at Virgin I talked the Vodka lady into giving me 24 oz of pure Vodka for 6 bucks.   Which sounds like a good deal but later I regreted that move. 

Merriweather is easy to get in and out of and their lot is a grass field nestled in the woods.  I don't get your whinning. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 05:37:47 pm by atomicfront »

atomicfront

« Reply #865 on: September 23, 2010, 05:43:47 pm »

At My Morning Jacket this year we hung out with some people from the MMJ board and they had a tent and a couple of barbecues going.  A ton of lawn chairs and a shit load of beer.  We probably tailgated for 3 hours before the show.

At M3 Rock Festival we tailgated for 2 hours before going in. 

I might tailgait this  year but it is a long day and don't want to be wasted by noon. 

hutch

« Reply #866 on: September 23, 2010, 05:53:36 pm »
any artists going to be doing signings at the merch table? any special freebies this year? Last year i think a lot of people got chuck taylors but i didn't make it..

Sir HC

« Reply #867 on: September 23, 2010, 08:16:52 pm »
Fuck this, I am going to tailgate at work.  Then stumble across the closed BLP and have fun...

hutch

« Reply #868 on: September 23, 2010, 08:25:01 pm »
Fuck this, I am going to tailgate at work.  Then stumble across the closed BLP and have fun...

now that's the right attitude!

Got Haggis?

« Reply #869 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:30 pm »
http://www14.ticketingcentral.com/V2/Quantity.aspx?8CD298566AF456A

They are now selling $30 karma tickets (free ticket plus $30 donation)