Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377391 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #1155 on: July 30, 2013, 08:20:25 pm »
robin thicke was just on stern . . . go listen to the interview / live version of the song.  great.  plus he sounds just like his father when he talks.  scary.

wow.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #1156 on: July 30, 2013, 10:44:03 pm »
you just can't compare pimlico to merriweather...the event has totally changed.. we've gone from having the who, the police, the stooges to a bunch of no-names... they used to get big acts... then there was a brief transition where they still had a big act or two.. now its all bands that would play the club.. pimlico was sort of like a local lolla...this is a mini-festival for the kiddies with  mainly up and coming bands..

except for robin thicke..doesn't he have the number one song in the country for the past three years?

did you actually buy tickets to those pimlico shows

hutch

« Reply #1157 on: July 30, 2013, 11:14:14 pm »
you just can't compare pimlico to merriweather...the event has totally changed.. we've gone from having the who, the police, the stooges to a bunch of no-names... they used to get big acts... then there was a brief transition where they still had a big act or two.. now its all bands that would play the club.. pimlico was sort of like a local lolla...this is a mini-festival for the kiddies with  mainly up and coming bands..

except for robin thicke..doesn't he have the number one song in the country for the past three years?

uh oh....I'm going to have to consult my attorney...

sonickteam

« Reply #1158 on: July 31, 2013, 09:43:02 am »
i bought tickets to the Pimlico shows and i would love to see them back.

i like MPP and i like Free but i wouldn't mind paying for a higer quality lineup at a more "festival like" place.   IMP is the best promoter out there in my opinion and its a shame they havent found the right outlet to put on the east coasts biggest music festival...

atomicfront

« Reply #1159 on: July 31, 2013, 09:55:23 am »

I am not Hutch but I went two years.  The one year I didn't go was because it was the same time as Lollapalooza and I already had bought tickets to Lollapalooza by the time the line-out came out.  Seeing a great day of bands and paying 100 bucks isn't a bad deal.  Plus it keeps out the riff raff. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1160 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:39 am »

Only V/FreeFests I've missed were the ones with The Black Keys. Luck of the draw :(
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #1161 on: July 31, 2013, 10:06:01 am »
Only V/FreeFests I've missed were the ones with The Black Keys. Luck of the draw :(
strangely, the only ones I also missed were 2008 and 2011. Both Black Keys ones...

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #1162 on: July 31, 2013, 10:37:09 am »
if it was a yes he would have answered

point is that people love to wax poetic about things they didn't actually support

like when people bemoan sports teams leaving that they never went to see

too many people like that is what ended pimlico

Yada

« Reply #1163 on: July 31, 2013, 10:51:39 am »

point is that people love to wax poetic about things they didn't actually support

I think you're doing just fine Seth. I would've never paid to attend an event at Pimlico but I'll go drop $50 to $100 on a Freefest which I'm sure puts money in someone's pocket as well.

Long live FreeFest!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1164 on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:39 am »
strangely, the only ones I also missed were 2008 and 2011. Both Black Keys ones...
I've missed them every time they've come to DC for the past 6 years. They did back to back nights on my 21st birthday and I didn't get tickets. The something has always come up. I HAD tickets for when they played Merriweather and my friend sold them without my knowledge. It was awesome.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #1165 on: July 31, 2013, 11:00:26 am »
oh yeah, who wants to snag me tickets next week since no one here wants to go?  :D

sonickteam

« Reply #1166 on: July 31, 2013, 11:03:35 am »

so true, and yet, so nonsensical!  those are the same people complaining about the lineup of a free concert.   

atomicfront

« Reply #1167 on: July 31, 2013, 11:32:05 am »

Pimlico was nice because you could go inside the grandstand and use the bathrooms and never have to wait in line.  Besides the line-ups being better. Plus I could park on someones lawn right in front of Pimlico and get in and out pretty quickly. 

I would like a 3 day festival in the area that could rival the biggest festivals in the country. Maybe that isn't realistic.  I went to the first day of the first All Points West Festival and thought that the festival was awesome.  I guess others didn't think so as that festival ended as well.  Anyway Newport is great and I guess is the best 3 day festival we will have in the North East.  It seems the area can only support a smaller festival.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1168 on: July 31, 2013, 11:35:18 am »
seth . . . a cuddlebear or wild stallion, in bed?

atomicfront

« Reply #1169 on: July 31, 2013, 11:37:14 am »
seth . . . a cuddlebear or wild stallion, in bed?

You have a one track mind.