Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377353 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #1260 on: August 09, 2013, 12:33:33 pm »
Wanders over to facebook,  to watch people complain about ticketfly
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1261 on: August 09, 2013, 12:38:14 pm »
ticketfly is not to blame of course, but they sure do waste our time (20 minutes at least?). At least ticketmaster can handle demand and will tell us right away if a show is already sold out.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:41:40 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #1262 on: August 09, 2013, 12:43:06 pm »
If you bust the cache while refreshing, it will tell you what is sold out and what is available.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1263 on: August 09, 2013, 12:47:50 pm »
I know ticketfly isn't to blame. It's just amusing to see people complaining..  when you have Robin Thicke playing his only east coast date with his monster single it's gonna draw some attention.. and it's definitely getting more popular...all I know is I had an extra for a couple years and for all the belly aching about it being sold out, there weren't people clamoring for my extra at the gate
T.Rex

wml7

« Reply #1264 on: August 09, 2013, 12:48:20 pm »
Did u guys refresh on ur own or let the page do it?  Wasnt able to get through at all.

atomicfront

« Reply #1265 on: August 09, 2013, 01:06:14 pm »
I know ticketfly isn't to blame. It's just amusing to see people complaining..  when you have Robin Thicke playing his only east coast date with his monster single it's gonna draw some attention.. and it's definitely getting more popular...all I know is I had an extra for a couple years and for all the belly aching about it being sold out, there weren't people clamoring for my extra at the gate

Who the heck is Robin Thicke?  I saw he had a hit with TI and Pharell and that was all I needed to know not to listen to him.   

wml7

« Reply #1266 on: August 09, 2013, 01:12:22 pm »
He's going to sing with Lumineers soon

killsaly

« Reply #1267 on: August 09, 2013, 01:20:34 pm »
Did u guys refresh on ur own or let the page do it?  Wasnt able to get through at all.
I refreshed myself.  But I used a cache buster for refreshing:
http://www.adopsinsider.com/ad-ops-basics/what-is-a-cache-buster-and-how-does-it-work/
What Does a Cache-Buster Do?

The cache-buster doesn?t stop a browser from caching the file, it just prevents it from reusing it. In most cases, this is accomplished with nothing more than a random number inserted into the ad tag on each page load. The random number makes every ad call look unique to the browser and therefore prevents it from associating the tag with a cached file, forcing a new call to the ad server.

Cache-busting maximizes publisher inventory, keeps the value and meaning of an impression constant, and helps minimize discrepancies between Publisher and Marketer delivery reports.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1268 on: August 09, 2013, 01:23:08 pm »
Alan Thicke's son duh... See also recent Colbert show appearance and a NSFW video making the rounds
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #1269 on: August 09, 2013, 01:35:26 pm »
I refreshed myself.  But I used a cache buster for refreshing:
http://www.adopsinsider.com/ad-ops-basics/what-is-a-cache-buster-and-how-does-it-work/
What Does a Cache-Buster Do?

The cache-buster doesn?t stop a browser from caching the file, it just prevents it from reusing it. In most cases, this is accomplished with nothing more than a random number inserted into the ad tag on each page load. The random number makes every ad call look unique to the browser and therefore prevents it from associating the tag with a cached file, forcing a new call to the ad server.

Cache-busting maximizes publisher inventory, keeps the value and meaning of an impression constant, and helps minimize discrepancies between Publisher and Marketer delivery reports.

So the waiting room was just a trick into making people docile.  I suspected  that yesterday.  Good for you. 

atomicfront

« Reply #1270 on: August 09, 2013, 01:44:36 pm »
Alan Thicke's son duh... See also recent Colbert show appearance and a NSFW video making the rounds

Just listened to a couple tracks.  Annoying.

killsaly

« Reply #1271 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:03 pm »
So the waiting room was just a trick into making people docile.  I suspected  that yesterday.  Good for you. 
I didnt try it yesterday until only 50 dollar tickets were left, which at that point, it didnt matter.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1272 on: August 09, 2013, 03:40:43 pm »

Just listened to a couple tracks.  Annoying.
Not as annoying as The Lumineers. Amirite?
‼‼?‼‼

Unsanity

« Reply #1273 on: August 09, 2013, 04:54:59 pm »
Shut out again. That "waiting room" thing ate all my time up until there were no tickets left. Took 20 minutes to tell me that too. Oh well maybe next year....

atomicfront

« Reply #1274 on: August 09, 2013, 04:58:20 pm »
Shut out again. That "waiting room" thing ate all my time up until there were no tickets left. Took 20 minutes to tell me that too. Oh well maybe next year....

I am guessing if you wait outside the gate asking people for an extra ticket or two they won't be hard to find.