Author Topic: Ticket scalpers  (Read 3301 times)

wml7

Ticket scalpers
« on: March 18, 2010, 05:07:51 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Ticket scalpers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:58:36 pm »
chokeychicken 2.0
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:58:25 pm »
i don't ever wanna feel, like i did that day.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:04:15 pm »
chokeychicken 2.0
Why, no, not at all. You see, chokeychicken, by all accounts, bought his tickets legally and therefore had a reasonable right to resell them. These people are getting in trouble, not for ticket markups, but for hacking computers and selling what was, by essence, stolen property.

Now, I know in indie-hipster-douche world, those are comparable, but I trusted, sweetcell, that you were a more reasonable human being then most the idiots on here.

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 11:30:02 pm »
hey julian, or any other richmond folk on here who might just happen to be reading this.  ever heard of nations?  now i know it is not your normal "hangout", but is that part of broad street safe?  (2729 W Broad St)

my favourite "stars" perform there all the time i just discovered.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 11:53:07 pm »
hey julian, or any other richmond folk on here who might just happen to be reading this.  ever heard of nations?  now i know it is not your normal "hangout", but is that part of broad street safe?  (2729 W Broad St)

Cannot say as though I have. Generally, other then a specific spot or two, anything that far north that west of the center of the city is going to be insanely ghetto. I can jog up that way this weekend and give you my impression of the building/its lot, but I can pretty much assure you it's going to be a complete dive.

It's not the most dangerous part of Richmond, but it's not a good neighborhood either. You should be OK but there are random shootings not far from there at least once every month or two. If you turn up heading there, let me know.

wml7

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 11:57:50 pm »

what stars may this happen to be walky?  ;D

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:02:42 am »
Haha, a goole search says Nations is a LGBT bar, which explains why I was unafamiliar.

Walkie, I actually went with a neighbor to Fieldens, which is an LGBT private-24-hour club about a year ago... it was a hilarious experience. I thought I was going to get murdered and/or raped at any given moment. Aw, what we endure to drink liquor legally at 4 am.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06:00 am »
chokeychicken 2.0
Why, no, not at all. You see, chokeychicken, by all accounts, bought his tickets legally and therefore had a reasonable right to resell them. These people are getting in trouble, not for ticket markups, but for hacking computers and selling what was, by essence, stolen property.

Now, I know in indie-hipster-douche world, those are comparable, but I trusted, sweetcell, that you were a more reasonable human being then most the idiots on here.

no, i wasn't being serious.  just playin' a little inside baseball.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06:49 am »
it was a hilarious experience. I thought I was going to get murdered and/or raped at any given moment.

apparently we have different ideas of what constitutes hilarity.
<sig>

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 12:09:50 am »
chokeychicken 2.0

no, i wasn't being serious.  just playin' a little inside baseball.
Oh, ok, love you!

(like a sister)

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 12:11:18 am »
it was a hilarious experience. I thought I was going to get murdered and/or raped at any given moment.

apparently we have different ideas of what constitutes hilarity.
I mean, I felt moderately unsafe the entire time but not to the point where I would've left and taken a taxi home. It was right at that breaking point.

And, full disclosure, I've been to one of Richmond's other member-only afterhours clubs which was not LGBT, and felt so unsafe I did leave and swore never to come back.