Author Topic: Best Beer Selection at a Music Venue  (Read 5538 times)

fatskippy

Re: Best Beer Selection at a Music Venue
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 11:49:46 am »
Does this include Buenos Aires, because if so, I have a beef.

Where in BsA?  I had trouble finding any place with more than quilmes, stella, heineken, and a few others

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 01:23:37 pm »
The House of Blues in Anaheim has Fat Tire in a can for $4.  Tough to beat that.
27>34

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 01:27:54 pm »
Fat Tire is overrated and better out of a tap but I'd take one for $4.  Won't be in Anaheim until Novermber, though.  I guess I could drive to North Carolina if I really had to have one now.

James Ford

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »
#9 is good, don't hate. That and Blue Moon are the beer drinks who drink beer to get drunk's GOOD beer. I like #9, but what stands out for me from 930 is Sol. I fucking LOVE sol. I honestly think, with a lime, it's close to unbeatable. That's just my preference, I will say that 930 has an outstanding line-up of brews.

The B- on beeradvocate and 52nd percentile on ratebeer kind of confirm #9's mediocrity.

Never heard of Sol, but the D+ and 2nd(!) percentile scores tell me I want to stay far, far away from it.

Besides, if you really want to get drunk, you shouldn't be drinking those 4-5% abv pussy beers anyway.

James Ford

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 01:44:03 pm »
PBR and Natty Boh? You're obviously someone who drinks to get drunk rather than someone who knows quality beer.

The Avinitus, Founders Breakfast Stout and Duvel in my fridge say otherwise.  I'd just rather spend $3 on PBR than $7 on Bud Lite.

Indeed it does. I'd rather help myself to the free tap water than drink a PBR or Bud Lite at any price, including free. PBR and Bud Lite=wasted calories.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 01:55:29 pm »
That and Blue Moon are the beer drinks who drink beer to get drunk's GOOD beer.

i think i understand what you mean, but that sentence is horrible.  i'm assuming there is a typo or some missing words that explains its awkwardness.
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 01:56:32 pm »
That #9 is some of the most disgusting swill i've ever had the misfortune of tasting.  I'd take anything over that.  Bleegh. 

nkotb

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 01:56:59 pm »
Have you read any of DFA79's other posts?  I'd say that's about as clear a sentence as you're gonna get...

i think i understand what you mean, but that sentence is horrible.  i'm assuming there is a typo or some missing words that explains its awkwardness.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 02:04:25 pm »
magic hat makes some decent summery beers, but that #9 is gross. how people go nuts over apricot flavored beer is beyond me
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »
Have you read any of DFA79's other posts?  I'd say that's about as clear a sentence as you're gonna get...

It should have been this "That and Blue Moon are 'the beer-drinkers-who-drink-beer-to-get-drunk''s GOOD beer."

When did I get this reputation for being a twit on these boards? hahaha
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 02:13:13 pm »
magic hat makes some decent summery beers, but that #9 is gross. how people go nuts over apricot flavored beer is beyond me
I have friends who only drink it, I don't get it at all. Honestly I'll take Shiner Bock over almost any beer. I'm not a "rea" beer drink or whatever. A good drink is dr. pepper. Taste. Beer tastes like varrying grossness, like cigarettes. Theyre all gross, but I still smoke.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 02:19:50 pm »
I have friends who only drink it, I don't get it at all. Honestly I'll take Shiner Bock over almost any beer. I'm not a "rea" beer drink or whatever. A good drink is dr. pepper. Taste. Beer tastes like varrying grossness, like cigarettes. Theyre all gross, but I still smoke.

It sounds like you've never actually had a good beer. And that the cigarettes have numbed your taste buds. And brain. :)

Next time you're at the Club, try an Old Rasputin, or one of the Dogfish offerings.

nkotb

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:18 pm »
Speaking of which, have you better to the Dogfish Ale house (I think that's the name).  So so food, but I was in heaven at the bar.

It sounds like you've never actually had a good beer. And that the cigarettes have numbed your taste buds. And brain. :)

Next time you're at the Club, try an Old Rasputin, or one of the Dogfish offerings.

hutch

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 02:24:57 pm »
that #9 is so overrated! I don' t like it one bit.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 02:30:18 pm »
Speaking of which, have you better to the Dogfish Ale house (I think that's the name).  So so food, but I was in heaven at the bar.
i've been to both in virginia. yes, the bar is heaven. i thought the food was decent, but who cares about the food
o/\o