Author Topic: BRMC roll call  (Read 5368 times)

Mr.Whippy

Re: BRMC roll call
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 08:11:17 am »
Great performance. I loved the new stuff and Leah's pounding of the drums. It was really nice to get the relatively rare "Long Way Down" and a post-Easter "White Palms." :)

It got REALLY loud during "Whatever Happened to My Rock n' Roll (Punk Song)" and my wife and I headed out early a few songs later. Bleh.

I was wondering what the rest of the setlist was. Can anyone give me an assist?

War Machine
Mama Taught Me Better
Red Eyes and Tears (w/ reprise)
Bad Blood
Beat the Devil's Tattoo
Love Burns
Berlin
Weapon of Choice
White Palms
Long Way Down
Aya
Ain't No Easy Way
Whatever Happened to My Rock n' Roll (Punk Song)
The Line (Rob solo)
Shuffle Your Feet
Conscience Killer
Six Barrel Shotgun
???

I'm guessing it went Spread Your Love, then an encore of 666 Conducer, some request (Stop? Rifles?), Shadow's Keeper, and Open Invitation? Maybe Half-State before the encore?

Did anyone but us find the show to be excessively loud?  I'm not a lightweight but that just felt like a little too much volume.

I thin the songs you missed were Spread Your Love, 666 Conducer, Shadows Keeper (with great noise jam on the end) and Open Invitation (with lasers).

serpent boy

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 08:49:36 am »
Thanks for the remaining songs!

I've never actually left a show because it was too loud and I've been to almost 200 shows. Last night was insane. Half the people around me were holding fingers to their ears in pain for some songs.

I guess I could've bought a couple pairs of earplugs - and I realize I should've had those already on me - but I've seen BRMC a lot and been to the 9:30 Club a lot and never experienced that kind of loud. haha

James Ford

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 08:59:36 am »
What is it with having it so fucking loud?

The last two 9:30 shows I was at had my ears ringing, even when i was in the back.

Do they think the music sounds better if you turn it up louder?

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 09:11:26 am »
I think it's scientifically proven to be a true fact.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 09:27:24 am »

IT'S ROCK AND ROLL BABY

IF IT'S TOO LOUD YER TOO OLD

etc...
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 10:57:53 am »
Last night was, in fact, incredibly loud. They still don't have shit on MBV, though. This *might* have been on par with Dino Jr. loudness.

Too much low end that muffled the vocals a bit.

احمد

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 11:12:24 am »
Great performance. I loved the new stuff and Leah's pounding of the drums. It was really nice to get the relatively rare "Long Way Down" and a post-Easter "White Palms." :)

It got REALLY loud during "Whatever Happened to My Rock n' Roll (Punk Song)" and my wife and I headed out early a few songs later. Bleh.

I was wondering what the rest of the setlist was. Can anyone give me an assist?

War Machine
Mama Taught Me Better
Red Eyes and Tears (w/ reprise)
Bad Blood
Beat the Devil's Tattoo
Love Burns
Berlin
Weapon of Choice
White Palms
Long Way Down
Aya
Ain't No Easy Way
Whatever Happened to My Rock n' Roll (Punk Song)
The Line (Rob solo)
Shuffle Your Feet
Conscience Killer
Six Barrel Shotgun
???

I'm guessing it went Spread Your Love, then an encore of 666 Conducer, some request (Stop? Rifles?), Shadow's Keeper, and Open Invitation? Maybe Half-State before the encore?

Did anyone but us find the show to be excessively loud?  I'm not a lightweight but that just felt like a little too much volume.

I thin the songs you missed were Spread Your Love, 666 Conducer, Shadows Keeper (with great noise jam on the end) and Open Invitation (with lasers).

When listing the songs played after you left, I forgot to put in American X.  That had a great jam on the end.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 11:25:13 am »
About how long was the show? Trying to catch Serena Maneesh later that night. Not looking forward to the loudness if its really that loud.
HeyLa

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 11:34:13 am »
About how long was the show? Trying to catch Serena Maneesh later that night. Not looking forward to the loudness if its really that loud.

BRMC played for over 2 hours, I think.  They came on at about 9:45 and ended close to midnight.  And yes, it really is that loud.

ggw

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 12:54:57 pm »

The last two 9:30 shows I was at had my ears ringing, even when i was in the back.

Man up.

notme

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 02:12:19 pm »
 in a way it is nice that it is loud, that way the idiots do not talk.   my bloody valentine should play 930, they would not have to bring in an outside pa system.

azaghal1981

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 02:50:30 pm »
Yes they would.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 03:36:00 pm »
Thanks! Saw Ash on Saturday night at a tiny club and that was beyond loud. My ears were ringing still after the show. At least no one was talking, since you couldnt hear a thing - sadly that also included vocals :(

I will hope that is not the case for BRMC.

BRMC played for over 2 hours, I think.  They came on at about 9:45 and ended close to midnight.  And yes, it really is that loud.
HeyLa

azaghal1981

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 04:26:32 pm »
Alberta Cross were abnormally loud, too although their vocals were clearer.
احمد

Driveway

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 05:06:47 pm »
I wore ear plugs as usual.  The sound just sucked, the volume didn't hide that.