Author Topic: McNabb a redskin  (Read 11112 times)

shemptiness

Re: McNabb a redskin
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 02:43:11 pm »
I'm not a football fan, but this news seems about as awe-inspiring as the news of Miguel Tejada returning to the Orioles. Hey Miggy hit .313 and lead the NL in doubles last year, so he's going to turn around the O's, right?

Slightly different.  The Orioles signed Tejada to a one-year deal to keep 3B warm for Josh Bell, who they anticipate will be promoted sometime this year - or next.  I don't think they look at him as the savior of the franchise.  The Taters are talking about a 3-year deal for McNabb.  Although it's possible they'll draft a young QB to hold a clipboard for a couple years.   

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 03:08:55 pm »
The Taters are talking about a 3-year deal for McNabb.  Although it's possible they'll draft a young QB to hold a clipboard for a couple years.   

Also different as baseball contracts are guaranteed and football contracts are not.  Give him a 10-year deal with little or no guaranteed money and it won't make a difference - cut him after one year and you're barely on the hook for a cent (salary cap is a little different, but not worth discussing here).

I'm with shoeshine on this one - it certainly can't make the team worse and if he performs half as well he did last year, the Skins will be a .500 team.  Was that second round defensive back really going to help the team turn the corner?  It's a smart move to put butts in seats.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 03:14:20 pm »
Were they in danger of having their consecutive home sellout streak which dates back to 1968 busted if they didn't trade for him?

It's a smart move to put butts in seats.

ggw

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 04:03:55 pm »
They gave McNabb the #5 jersey.  The Heath Shuler connection does not portend good things.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 04:06:47 pm »
They gave McNabb the #5 jersey.  The Heath Shuler connection does not portend good things.
What's Colt Brennan gonna do!?
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 04:07:36 pm »
Were they in danger of having their consecutive home sellout streak which dates back to 1968 busted if they didn't trade for him?

Yes, bacause advertisers weren't spending the big bucks to advertise at/during broadcasts with a half-empty stadium (regardless of number of tickets sold).
27>34

ggw

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 04:24:03 pm »
What's Colt Brennan gonna do!?

He got promoted to #15.  The Hoss!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 10:27:36 pm »
I guess I'm trying to say that McNabb has never had a great supporting cast, and the one year he had a good receiver he took them to the Super Bowl.
This is an insane piece of revisionist history. Oh yeah, the Eagles straight up sucked aside from McNabb. And that injured, not playing, T.O. was totally the difference the one year they beat a shitless Falcons team to make it to the Superbowl.

Do you all even watch the sports you talk about? Again, Jesus Christ...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 11:31:23 am »
I'm not saying T.O. was the reason they went to the Super Bowl, but look at the stats... and they DID make it to the Super Bowl. They had a decent run game and an elite receiver and apparently that's all he needed to take them TO the Super Bowl. How is that insane? It happened right? Name the other elite receivers and running backs under McNabb in the past 11 years. Todd Pinkston? James Thrash? DeSean Jackson?
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 11:56:13 am »
I know I don't.

Ba da bing.

Do you all even watch the sports you talk about? Again, Jesus Christ...

smakawhat

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 10:36:14 pm »
McNabb is going to spend so much time on his back and running for his life next season it isn't even going to be funny.

Mobius

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »
McNabb is going to spend so much time on his back and running for his life next season it isn't even going to be funny.

A little funny

smakawhat

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 10:59:09 am »
hysterical...   ;D

ggw

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2010, 02:00:13 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 05:45:56 pm »
Campbell a Raider

Shockingly, it's an immediate upgrade for Oakland, but not by much:  JaMarcus Russell, Charlie Frye, Kyle Boller and Bruce Gradkowski.  The Raiders can't afford both Campbell and Russell, so I suspect that Russell will be dealt or released by opening day.
27>34