Author Topic: Question about the National (Richmond venue) start times  (Read 1756 times)

hutch

Question about the National (Richmond venue) start times
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:37:36 pm »
WHen they say doors open 7 show 8 how fixed is this usually..do shows really start at 8

I speak of the great Ween show tonight...no opener.. Ween tends to play 3 hr shows...

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: Question about the National (Richmond venue) start times
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:01 pm »
From my experience, yes. Wilco last week was advertised as an 8:00 start, and I think they were pretty close to right on time.

wml7

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:41:21 pm »
Yes thats how it's been for the shows I've been to as well.  They are pretty accurate with the times  ;D

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:29:45 pm »
Yeah, they closely follow set times. And if you ask on their FB or call the box office night of, they'll give you more in-depth set times for each band.

hutch

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:45:20 am »
THey started about 20 minutes late ..but yeah pretty on time

Interesting place.. they pretty much looked the other way on smokin' (maybe cause Gene and Dean were chain smokin) and even pot...They also didnt care if you filmed.. I'm guessing a lot of this had to do with it being Ween...

Sound had issues yesterday..

Was surprised beer was pretty much the same as DC. PBR $5 and the rest-goodstuff- $6......

Ween did not play the last four songs on the setlist.. I think they were not too impressed with crowd...They wrapped up 10:55..

wml7

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:51:41 am »
Interesting place.. they pretty much looked the other way on smokin' (maybe cause Gene and Dean were chain smokin) and even pot...They also didnt care if you filmed.. I'm guessing a lot of this had to do with it being Ween...

Yeah, that place doesn't care at all if you record there.  You can hoard all the video to your hearts delight  ;D

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 07:46:44 pm »
Interesting place.. they pretty much looked the other way on smokin' (maybe cause Gene and Dean were chain smokin) and even pot...
That has NEVER been my experience, even before the smoking ban (they opened as and continue to advertise themselves as a Non-Smoking Venue) but I have never seen a show there that one would think would lend itself to, uh, smoking.

hutch

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:51:56 pm »
Does the National tend to have a curfew?