Author Topic: Bizarro comes of age.  (Read 1346 times)

markie

Bizarro comes of age.
« on: April 17, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »
So I am officially decrepit. The album I listened to every-night in my bedroom when I was 17 is  now 21 years old. Its weird, back then I dreamed of seeing the songs live, last night I just imagined being back in my bedroom, jumping up and down and annoying the neighbours.

http://www.scopitones.co.uk/news/tours/

Did anyone go and see the Wedding Present at the Black Cat?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 12:42:26 pm by markie »

bearman🐻

Re: Bizarro comes of age.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:00:32 am »
I went...and loved every minute of it!!

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:25:56 am »
This was one of my most favorite albums when I was a 22 year old virgin just starting grad school. Four years later I was still a virgin and realized I needed to listen to some chick music if I wanted to score. So I discovered Uncle Tupelo and lost my virginity to a heifer named Daisy Mae soon thereafter.

True story.

Have never seen them live, but I love it that Gedge has always insisted on their shows being nonsmoking.

BookerT

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:03:47 pm »

Have never seen them live, but I love it that Gedge has always insisted on their shows being nonsmoking.

plus he refuses to do encores, which rules. this show was very good, kinda wished that the non-bizarro songs he played were something other than "corduroy" and "looks daft" since both of those were played in previous tours but that's getting to a joe level of nitpicking.