Author Topic: record store day  (Read 3964 times)

dyecraig

record store day
« on: April 18, 2010, 08:01:10 am »
anyone make it?
soundgarden in bmore had all the booty - i was about 40 back in an epic line.
managed to get the fela, rodriquez, sharon jones/budos and stones vinyl.
strummer, waits and beasties long gone.
fun way to spend a morning w/like-minded record fanatics - everyone was chill and the fact that you were only allowed to purchase one copy of any item made it less stressful when you got to the entrance. 
cool free stuff, too.

hutch

Re: record store day
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 09:52:38 am »
i picked up the flaming lips dark side and the fela kuti 10".

had the rodriguez in my hands but i passed on it..

probably should have picked up the strummer streetcore.. oh well..

the one item i wanted that i could not find was the stones 45

bekessler

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 01:05:58 pm »
Was first in line at Crooked Beat.  Biggest disappointment was they ended up not getting in any copies of The Hold Steady, and a copy of Global A-Go Go didn't make it into my stuff (Went back today, and they only got in about 5 copies or so.)  They kept everything pretty well organized though taking care of customers two at a time.  Still managed to buy 30 or so things...

hutch

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 10:24:03 pm »
The list for the next RSD is out

https://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalEvent/580?fbclid=IwAR2ei8zo4mi5KJl6G1HRxidnY1_xJ6Bk3FWu60ZC2EIqH9A-DvGkFok2Hrg

Some great stuff

The Prine concert.. Jonathan Richman..Allmans..Dr John...Aretha..Petty (surely not an exclusive)... Replacements... these live dead concerts are great but you have to be a masochist to buy them.. surely at least $100 and you will have to spend day getting up to turn records
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:29:06 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 10:46:18 pm »
But I don’t see any one item that I absolutely must have... maybe the UK list will have that....

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 08:45:58 am »
Weak list but damn if there isn't one item I've gotta have. Not getting up at 4am to hang out with vinyl nerds, tho.

Bagley

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 09:19:53 am »
Replaced my Toots record Funky Kingston which disappeared in college many years ago.  May he rest in peace...

Starsky

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 11:09:33 am »
Total classic…one of my favorites…I put it up against any record….. I got Toots to sign mine from the stage at the 930!

It is of course a compilation of hits repackaged and I believe tweaked by Island Records to try to break him in the UK/US

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 01:30:21 pm »
Silversun Pickups
We’re excited to share that we recorded a couple songs with Butch Vig as SSVU (Silversun Vigups)!
We will be releasing an exclusive 7-inch, which will be available at your local & participating record shop on Friday, November 25th as a part of Record Store Day Black Friday. Find participating stores near you: https://recordstoreday.com
The limited edition SSVU 7-inch will have two songs on it – “David Lynch Has a Painting Made of Flies Eyes” and “Suzanne Ciani.” We can’t wait for your to hear them!
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2023, 06:44:52 pm »
Pearl Jam Record Store Day 2023 Release

Following the 25th anniversary of Yield, Pearl Jam’s Give Way will be released as a part of Record Store Day 2023. This gatefold double LP comes from a live performance in Melbourne, Australia on March 5th, 1998. The legendary Give Way will be released for the first time ever. The 17-track album includes live versions of “Given To Fly,” “Faithfull,” and “Do The Evolution”.

Give Way will also be available on CD, a version of which was initially intended to be given out as a promotional item with each purchase of Single Video Theory in 1998. This never saw the light of day aside from an extremely limited amount which have resurfaced over the years...until now. The title Give Way is a nod to the Australian counterpart to the Yield sign of the United States. 

The Give Way Vinyl LP and CD will be available for purchase at your local indie record shop beginning Saturday, April 22nd. Look for an indie record store near you!
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 12:49:57 am »
The Sisters of Mercy’s “Reptile House EP” to be reissued on vinyl for Record Store Day
The long-out-of-print second EP by goth-rock powerhouse The Sisters of Mercy — 1983’s six-track The Reptile House EP — will be reissued on heavyweight colored vinyl for Record Store Day, April 22, in commemoration of the release’s 40th anniversary.
Rhino Records will reissue the EP on smoky-colored 180-gram vinyl on April 22 at participating independent record stores in the U.S. and U.K. The label says the release will be a limited-edition pressing of 9.500 copies.
The Reptile House EP features the original lineup of the Sisters of Mercy: frontman Andrew Eldritch, guitarists Gary Marx and Ben Gunn, bassist Craig Adams and drum machine Doktor Avalanche.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 12:56:22 am »
These late hours once he puts the kids in bed and sits on the couch streaming some series is when Sweetcell does most of his best work here. Real hard hitting posts one after the other. Since we lost Walky - was he ever even back…DDid I spook him? Too much too soon?- I have come to appreciate his rapid fire posts , particularly those about a city thousands of miles away whose concert listings he knows better than anyone this side of Yada ;who won’t share dates or venues leading to a lot of cluster fucks

Thank you sir!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 01:23:13 am »
honored, and my pleasure... my on-going tribute to the city/region where i truly and fully fell in love with live music.
<sig>

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 10:07:29 am »
slack