Author Topic: HOLE @ 9:30 Club  (Read 29865 times)

azaghal1981

Re: HOLE @ 9:30 Club
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 07:54:26 pm »
I'm a little tired.

^ Not bad but I expected something much better.

Maybe it's performance anxiety.
احمد

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 07:55:13 pm »
Julian, though I am not at all offended, you may just want to slightly alter the Fuckface portion in order to slip past work/family filters.

Just a friendly suggestion. Of course, ultimately, the choice is yours.
Hmm... and a good suggestion indeed, Jaguar.

azaghal1981

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 08:04:40 pm »
One way to get passed the filters and not have to change it visibly:

turn numlock on
hold down alt and hit 0173 on the numpad between any two letters in "fuck"
Release "alt."

Voila!

"fu­ck" with an invisible character in it.

^You don't see it up there, do you?
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 08:28:43 pm »
Cool. But then again, he also has to get past the Mods. Would bet that at least one of them (no one in particular in mind) would have his ass for that. The obvious blurring is probably his safest bet. Save the coding for within the threads. Just my $.02.

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 08:29:13 pm »
One way to get passed the filters and not have to change it visibly:

turn numlock on
hold down alt and hit 0173 on the numpad between any two letters in "fuck"
Release "alt."

Voila!

"fu­ck" with an invisible character in it.

^You don't see it up there, do you?

Yeah, I know that trick. I have no concern for sensitive readers or filters. I do have a concern that a moderator will ban me without warning for having my username include fuckface.

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 08:29:59 pm »
Would bet that at least one of them (no one in particular in mind) would have his ass for that.
Yes, NO ONE IN PARTICULAR.

Jaguar

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 08:34:36 pm »
Would bet that at least one of them (no one in particular in mind) would have his ass for that.
Yes, NO ONE IN PARTICULAR.

Apparently, you are more attuned to that than I.  ;)  I don't know exactly whom but could easily guess on a couple of them, if not all. Essentially, we are on the same page. 

Jaguar

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 08:47:51 pm »
Btw, just exactly what is that hidden character? Does it have a meaning or purpose other than for obfuscating messages?

Can we, from now on, refer to it as 'the hidden Hole' character?  :o ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 09:04:23 pm »
It's a "soft hyphen."

I think it's used in HTML when a word might need to be divided over two lines? And when that division isn't necessary, it stays hidden.

Something like that.
احمد

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 09:44:07 pm »
I've always heard it referred to as a "high-but character" although that title has no meaning I've ever been able to ascertain. But I have heard several people refer to it as such.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 11:43:29 pm »
Ill take Garbage any day over Hole. Now when are they going to announce another tour.

or you could go to the courtney show, and get both hole AND garbage.

<takes a bow>
<sig>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2010, 07:08:51 am »
Decent recap sweetcell, thanks for that. 

The only read you missed is that Rusty and Hutch are trying to get laid.  I'd be shocked if each of those posts weren't accompanied by PMs to Fiona about meeting up before/at/after the show.

Hahahaha...  "psst...Hey Fiona, don't worry about those bad, sexist boardies, they all suck.   Say... got a pic?"

_\|/_

James Ford

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2010, 08:05:09 am »

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14178-nobodys-daughter/

I agree with Fiona, this board is filled with sexist pigs. I agree with Vansmack. There are men who will pretend to NOT be sexist pigs because they are that desperate to get laid. A good woman is one who to some degree tolerates our inate male piggy idiosyncracies, and a good man is one who tolerates the inateness of female bitchiness.

Regardless of all of that, can't we just leave the musical suckage that was the 90's behind? And I'm  a 42 year old white male saying that.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:25 am »
The 90's was the last gasp of Rock N' Roll - I could go on and on about all the truly great bands who broke through to the mainstream...  PJ Harvey, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Hole, Belly, Jane's Addiction, Faith No More, Foo Fighters, Suede, Pulp, Blur, Oasis, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Beck, Bikini Kill, Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, Afghan Whigs, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, etc.  I could go on and on and on.  The 90's were fucking AWESOME!
Courtney Love is a great front-woman who is sure to put on a memorable show regardless of who is in the band / how the show is booked (Courtney Love vs. Hole).  I only liked their first two albums but you have to give her credit for keeping music exciting!

I agree with Fiona, this board is filled with sexist pigs. I agree with Vansmack. There are men who will pretend to NOT be sexist pigs because they are that desperate to get laid. A good woman is one who to some degree tolerates our inate male piggy idiosyncracies, and a good man is one who tolerates the inateness of female bitchiness.

Regardless of all of that, can't we just leave the musical suckage that was the 90's behind? And I'm  a 42 year old white male saying that.

James Ford

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2010, 10:49:05 am »
I pretty much hate every band/artist you list.  And pretty much did back in the 90's, so it's not like I'm trying to be hip or something.  And I do like alot of what came before and after the 90's. It's was just a time of self-absorbed angsty lyrics, grunting like they're taking a shit vocals, and loud out of tune music.

Of those you list, I do like one Janes Addiction album. But it came out in 1988.

The 90's was the last gasp of Rock N' Roll - I could go on and on about all the truly great bands who broke through to the mainstream...  PJ Harvey, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Hole, Belly, Jane's Addiction, Faith No More, Foo Fighters, Suede, Pulp, Blur, Oasis, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Beck, Bikini Kill, Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, Afghan Whigs, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, etc.  I could go on and on and on.  The 90's were fucking AWESOME!
Courtney Love is a great front-woman who is sure to put on a memorable show regardless of who is in the band / how the show is booked (Courtney Love vs. Hole).  I only liked their first two albums but you have to give her credit for keeping music exciting!