Author Topic: HOLE @ 9:30 Club  (Read 29882 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: HOLE @ 9:30 Club
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2010, 12:13:38 pm »
I'll be 39 the following day.  Yay.

Haha. Gee, thanks, at least on my wife's behalf.

I'll be 43 next week, she'll be 38 in June.

wait a minute, you're 42? your wife is like 32, or at least she looks 32....or maybe you both look younger ....

Regardless of all of that, can't we just leave the musical suckage that was the 90's behind? And I'm  a 42 year old white male saying that.

ggw

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2010, 12:27:13 pm »
June 1, 1972 in case you're looking to give her a gift.

she'll be 38 in June.

doghouse in 3... 2...

And her SSN is.....?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2010, 12:30:07 pm »
Per the twitter Hole did a 50 minute set last night
T.Rex

RustyOrgan

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2010, 04:35:39 pm »
That's pretty fucking lame - esp. considering their catalog and her need to reconnect with what few fans remain not to mention the high ticket prices!!  Set list?

Per the twitter Hole did a 50 minute set last night

RustyOrgan

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2010, 04:38:52 pm »
How come this show isn't listed on the 9:30 page?

azaghal1981

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 04:53:45 pm »
Soft Sale.
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 10:17:48 pm »
two Rolling Stones Covers  :o

Pretty on the Inside
Sympathy For The Devil (The Rolling Stones cover)
Skinny Little Bitch
Miss World
Violet
Letter To God
Pacific Coast Highway
Someone Else's Bed
Malibu
Celebrity Skin
Samantha
Encore:
Play With Fire (The Rolling Stones cover)
Doll Parts
Northern Lights

NYC show reviews

http://www.mediadecay.com/2010/04/hole-at-terminal-5-nyc-april-27-2010/

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/hole/2010/terminal-5-new-york-ny-3bd4ec94.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/29/arts/music/29hole.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2010, 10:24:40 pm »
Also from the Twitter, Billy Corgan is throwing a hiss fit over the fact the new album includes songs they recorded together which he didn't give her permission to release. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/27/billy-corgan-launches-vic_n_553614.html
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2010, 10:41:56 pm »
Also from the Twitter, Billy Corgan is throwing a hiss fit over the fact the new album includes songs they recorded together which he didn't give her permission to release. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/27/billy-corgan-launches-vic_n_553614.html

Billy Corgan vs. Courtney Love!

Tough to pick sides in this one...

azaghal1981

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:26 pm »
In Courtney's defense, that sounds about par for the course for Billy. He's been a whiny little cunt for years now (to avoid being called a sexist again, I'm using the term the way the Brits use it which gives it a more unisex connotation).

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:14:08 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2010, 08:57:07 am »
I'm surprised she isn't throwing in a track or two from her first solo album. Believe it or not, there were a couple not-bad songs on there. "But Julian I'm a Little Older Than You" was actually pretty good, though I guess her advancing age isn't really a spot she's looking to highlight.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2010, 02:21:38 pm »
If you don't believe me, check out the recent videos on youtube for yourself.

okay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2owUxnKH4A

that was pretty awful.  she can't sing.  her vocal style annoys me.  obviously she has some fans since she's selling tickets, but i couldn't be paid enough to sit through an evening of screeching. 

i want my 3:58 back (oh, who am i kidding... i didn't sit through the whole thing). 
<sig>

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2010, 07:54:56 pm »
I saw the first show of the come back during SxSW and in a very non-biased way, I thought she was pretty amazing. It is on sale now on Ticketfly and it's definitely worth checking out.

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/8333

Personally I'm looking forward to the film...

http://www.nme.com/news/courtney-love/50891

Even though she stole the two top actor picks I had to play Yorick in the Y: The Last Man movie...

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2010, 08:54:18 pm »
NYC Night 2:

Pretty on the Inside
Sympathy for the Devil (Rolling Stones cover)
Skinny Little Bitch
Miss World
Violet
Letter to God
Nobody's Daughter
Pacific Coast Highway
Gold Dust Woman (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Someone Else's Bed
Celebrity Skin
Malibu
Samantha

Play With Fire (Rolling Stones cover)
Doll Parts
Thirteen (Big Star cover) (acoustic)
Northern Star (acoustic)
Never Go Hungry (acoustic)

--

I went to the Hole show at SxSW and it WAS pretty amazing. I didn't expect to hear "Pretty on the Inside" and "Reasons to Be Beautiful", but there they were, and DAMN they're good songs still. Her new band isn't exactly the problem...

That first show at T5 was an embarrassing 50 minute set (INCLUDING the encore), that I would've been pissed to pay $40 face value for. The second show was exponentially better, but damn, I dunno...something's way off. Show was great the 2nd night...I'd go to the DC show if they played more of Live Through This. (Plump? Asking for It? I Think I Would Die?)
Woof.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2010, 05:30:06 am »
NYC Night 2:

Pretty on the Inside
Skinny Little Bitch
Miss World
Violet
Letter to God
Nobody's Daughter
Pacific Coast Highway
Gold Dust Woman (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Someone Else's Bed
Celebrity Skin
Malibu
Samantha

Doll Parts
Thirteen (Big Star cover) (acoustic)
Northern Star (acoustic)
Never Go Hungry (acoustic)

--

I went to the Hole show at SxSW and it WAS pretty amazing. I didn't expect to hear "Pretty on the Inside" and "Reasons to Be Beautiful", but there they were, and DAMN they're good songs still. Her new band isn't exactly the problem...

That first show at T5 was an embarrassing 50 minute set (INCLUDING the encore), that I would've been pissed to pay $40 face value for. The second show was exponentially better, but damn, I dunno...something's way off. Show was great the 2nd night...I'd go to the DC show if they played more of Live Through This. (Plump? Asking for It? I Think I Would Die?)

From one extreme to the other: (cross-posted from the other Hole thread)

It went on until 1:10am.

30 "songs"

Pretty on the Inside
Samantha
Miss World
Violet
Pretty Your Whole Life
Closer (Nine Inch Nails cover)
The Man that Got Away (Judy Garland cover)
Letter to God
Asking for It
Jennifer's Body
Plump
Pretty Your Whole Life (again)(no, seriously)
Olympia
Pacific Coast Highway
Sunset Marquis
Honey
Celebrity Skin
Someone Else's Bed
Skinny Little Bitch

Doll Parts
Malibu
Boys on the Radio
Take this Longing (Leonard Cohen cover, seriously?)
Car Crash
Awful
Thirteen (Big Star cover, also, wow, seriously?)
Never Go Hungry
Northern Star

Okay, so...as a Hole fan who sat through the two 45-minute shows she did in April at Terminal 5 in New York, I've still gotta say that I would be pissed if I had missed this show. This is the first setlist in a long time that has a SHIT ton of rare shit on it. I can't think of a show she's played in a long time where she's played 7 songs from Live Through This, in addition to a bunch of the (actually really good) demo tracks that were floating around in 2002-2006, like Sunset Marquis and Car Crash. Neither one of those songs have been played live before, as far as I know.

But god...damn...Courtney. She slurred, forgot lyrics, went on mildly racist-tirades, outed George Clooney and the guy from Faith No More?, berated her OWN bassist in front of the audience and the band, berated the fans, and generally made EVERYONE in the room, her band included, feel incredibly uncomfortable throughout the majority of the LONG-ASS, IS THIS REALLY GOING ON MORE THAN TWO AND A HALF HOURS YEP I GUESS IT IS show that we got. She played a "new song" she was working on, "Pretty Your Whole Life" twice. Once acoustically, and once with the band. Both times were incredibly incoherent and pretty cringe-worthy. It's probably a decent song, but god damn...I mean, there were several moments where everyone standing around me were left incredibly embarrassed for what was happening in front of us. When she walked onstage and introduced us to her "videographer" (her friend with an iPhone) and said "Fuck everyone else, she's going to block your view because I need her to take this video of me", I think we all knew it was one of *those* shows. She told fans to stop complaining that they couldn't see her during Plump, and was dead ass serious about it. All of this, after showing up over an hour late to people who paid good money to see her perform. I guess she made up for it with the random / rare songs and the long setlist, but really?

Gotta say, it was super fun hearing people yell out what they thought her "worst" song was, per her request. She claims it's "Born Bad", her never-heard collaboration with Lil' Kim for the Any Given Sunday soundtrack. Instead, they used her (also-bad) song "Be a Man" for the soundtrack, which...also, just no. She was actually way off with that, though. Her worst song ever had been performed earlier in the night: "Letter to God". Embarrassing.

Also, what the fuck was that incredibly horrible Nine Inch Nails cover? My friend said it felt like a scene from "Blue Velvet", or another completely fucked out of your head David Lynch movie.

What'd everybody else think?
Woof.