Author Topic: Goldfrapp 9:30 password  (Read 6302 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Goldfrapp 9:30 password
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 04:02:37 pm »
just curious -- since so many of you are in an uproar over this. but do you get this upset when you see passwords posted on brooklynvegan - or do you thank your lucky stars that its up there and you didnt need to search for it. because i dont see the 9:30 forum as all that different than BV.
I think the entire thing is ridiculous and anytime anyone asks for a presale password and I know it I PM it to them. People aren't freaking special because they get the 930 Club's newsletter mailed to them.

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 04:03:00 pm »
What's brooklynvegan? 

Just kidding.  Brooklynvegan, and the likes of web sites like them, upset me more than anything else and is completely different than the 9:30 Board.  Brooklynvegan gives away passwords simply to drive traffic to their site via google searches, where they make money on advertising.  They might as well be chokeychicken as far I'm concerned.

I think there's a very simple point that is being missed when passwords are posted in the public domain:

It means there's nothing special about having a presale.  Absolutely nothing.  It might as well be a public sale with much fewer tickets, so why keep doing them?  And when they disappear, I'll be the first one here saying I told you so.

Kosmo brought up more intricate arguments like it keeps the 9:30 from increasing their volume subscribers and ways for the 9:30 to better reach their customers because there's no incentive, and all of those make sense from a business standpoint.  But the simple fact is they'll go away as soon as the fans start complaining that they're not serving their purpose.

Hey, maybe MrNeil, who has sinse left the board, was lying about the fact that he thought it would sell out fast and wanted to increase ticket sales (I didn't even bother to check the NY ticket sales, so kudos to whomever did).  Maybe he's a street teamer or their publicist - I don't know.  But I like the way the board handled presale passwords through PMs in the past - it protected the uniqueness of the presale and allowed us to judge who, by virtue of their reputation here, was worthy of receiving the password from fellow boardies.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 04:04:28 pm »
I like Julian's take.  PM them away.  But I do think posting them for all to see if kind of lame.

just curious -- since so many of you are in an uproar over this. but do you get this upset when you see passwords posted on brooklynvegan - or do you thank your lucky stars that its up there and you didnt need to search for it. because i dont see the 9:30 forum as all that different than BV.
I think the entire thing is ridiculous and anytime anyone asks for a presale password and I know it I PM it to them. People aren't freaking special because they get the 930 Club's newsletter mailed to them.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 04:11:30 pm »
allowed us to judge who, by virtue of their reputation here, was worthy of receiving the password from fellow boardies.
I just spit out my Evian all over my monitor. Hysterical.

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 04:17:16 pm »
I just spit out my Evian all over my monitor. Hysterical.

That was specifically for you....
27>34

ggw

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 04:21:28 pm »
This thread is nowhere near as fun as the time that dcist published the Foo Fighters pre-sale password.

dave24

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 04:23:48 pm »
it's all irrelevant now

Head over to Ticketfly - buy as many as you like

10 ticket limit

No password required

Have fun

vansmack

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 04:45:11 pm »
This thread is nowhere near as fun as the time that dcist published the Foo Fighters pre-sale password.

That was a good time (Sept/Oct 05?).  Too bad they deleted it:

http://dcist.com/2006/02/16/morning_roundup.php

http://www.930.com/forum/index.php?topic=7536.0
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:48:48 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 05:45:23 pm »

i get upset that there are vegans. . . . .
OU812

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 10:13:16 am »
Woof.

walkonby

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010, 10:57:22 am »
i'm here to make friends.  imaginary friends yes . . . but they still count.