Author Topic: Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?  (Read 14063 times)

mekmad

Re: Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 11:32:28 pm »
They had the strangest pre-sale on rogerwaters.com..  If they picked your name for the presale, you had the option to buy a ticket that is located in 10-15 different sections.  You buy the ticket now, they tell you your actual seat location in a few weeks.  All the sections were decent so I guess any will be ok, just weird how they did it.

walkonby

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 11:46:12 pm »
i'm not finding the answer to this question anywhere . . . is this going to just be roger (and whoever else) singing the songs of the wall back to back with a screen behind them showing images, or is this going to be a full on production like they did in berlin (building the wall, planes, huge puppets)?  it would seem with so many dates, something like the latter would be hard to pull off so many times.  but if u2 can cart around their sets, i guess it can be done.  perhaps this is why the tickets were so high.

chancegardener

• http://www.chancegardener.com
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 12:54:35 am »
I'm under the impression this is going to be the full-on Wall show, with the puppets, collapsing wall stage, the whole bit.  If you look at the VCtr seating chart you can see the size of the stage, it chops off a good third of the arena.  I expect Roger will give us the whole mega-show, at these prices, and also as one last hurrah.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 08:35:38 am »
I was much bigger into WYWH and Animals than the Wall.

Exactly.  Resurrect the band and basically perform the '77 tour all over again and I'll pay $500 to see it. It'll never happen, of course.

Roger Waters & a back-up band playing the Wall just doesn't cut it.

helicon1

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 11:28:54 am »
I was much bigger into WYWH and Animals than the Wall.

Exactly.  Resurrect the band and basically perform the '77 tour all over again and I'll pay $500 to see it. It'll never happen, of course.

Roger Waters & a back-up band playing the Wall just doesn't cut it.

Certainly not with Richard up in the Great Gig in the Sky

bearman🐻

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 12:00:55 pm »
Yeah...Richard being gone does indeed change the reunion dynamics quite a bit. He was pretty special.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 12:23:29 pm »
In similar news, I'm actually considering paying $200 to see Neil Young.  Someone please talk me out of this.
(o|o)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 02:07:08 pm »
In similar news, I'm actually considering paying $200 to see Neil Young.  Someone please talk me out of this.

He's not even playing with Crazy Horse.

walkonby

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 02:09:02 pm »

"Rock icon Neil Young will hit the road for his first solo concerts in many years on the Twisted Road tour, which begins on May 18th and continues through June 8th. As an even rarer treat for fans, Young will play solo in several of the region?s classic theaters, offering a program of his classic songs along with the special privilege of hearing brand new, as yet unrecorded songs for the first time. British folk legend Bert Jansch will open the shows."

you're special . . . for $200.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 11:03:27 am »
A month later, Waters is playing in Philly for two nights with a 5 day gap in between his NJ and Philly show. So I'm guessing a 2nd night could be added in DC for that timeframe.

make that three nights in philly - third night just announced (nov 11 - Remembrance Day/Armistice Day/Veterans Day!).  should be really easy to get a cheap ticket in philly.  there is a presale for the third show, PM me if interested.

looking more and more unlikely that DC will get a second date.  first show isn't sold out yet. 
<sig>

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 07:20:01 pm »
A month later, Waters is playing in Philly for two nights with a 5 day gap in between his NJ and Philly show. So I'm guessing a 2nd night could be added in DC for that timeframe.

make that three nights in philly - third night just announced (nov 11 - Remembrance Day/Armistice Day/Veterans Day!).  should be really easy to get a cheap ticket in philly.  there is a presale for the third show, PM me if interested.

looking more and more unlikely that DC will get a second date.  first show isn't sold out yet. 

Agghhh, I want to PM you but I am on a waiting list for DC that will automatically bill me if I get a ticket.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 07:36:54 pm »
3rd show presale starts tomorrow (thurs) at 10 am, just lemme know.
<sig>

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 04:48:35 pm »
So I just snagged some tickets  for DC (cheap seats). Can't wait! Waters better not lip sync.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 04:53:09 pm by runwhiteyrun06 »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 08:58:30 am »
so ya
thought ya
might like to
go to the show?

i have a line on some great tickets - sixth row, section 100 or 111 (in other words, center ice).  they're slightly below face.  i'm looking for someone to go in on them with me since i need to buy the pair.  PM if interested but don't wait, i'm not the only one interested in them... they won't last.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 10:13:13 am »
we shall be close in the seating arrangements.    :o 

i'll wave and hold up a lolcat sign or something.