Author Topic: Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?  (Read 14059 times)

runwhiteyrun06

Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?
« on: May 10, 2010, 11:33:29 am »
Against my better judgment, I tried to get seats at the $53 or $78 level, but they all seem sold out.

set1914

Re: Did anyone try getting Roger Waters tickets?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:52:05 am »
Yes, got the $78 seats in the upper level. I do not this there we many $53 seats. Should be a good show, since he always puts on a good. Granted, I know that it will not be as good as the Wall show that I went to in 1990 in Berlin that he did.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 12:00:25 pm »
i was able to pull up seats in all price ranges during the amex presale but decided not to buy any.  i've given myself a challenge instead: i'm going to this show only if i can score tickets on the cheap, the week before the show.
<sig>

lagas

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 12:12:19 pm »
i tried this morning but had no luck, I'll apply sweetcell's strategy though, we'll see...
zorra

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 12:18:25 pm »
I know someone that might be able to get me tickets, so I'm going to try through him.

A month later, Waters is playing in Philly for two nights with a 5 day gap in between his NJ and Philly show. So I'm guessing a 2nd night could be added in DC for that timeframe.

hutch

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 12:25:58 pm »
I know someone that might be able to get me tickets, so I'm going to try through him.

A month later, Waters is playing in Philly for two nights with a 5 day gap in between his NJ and Philly show. So I'm guessing a 2nd night could be added in DC for that timeframe.

I wouldn't count on it.. DC has historically been a one night town.

James Ford

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 12:42:12 pm »
Not a fan. But I was looking on craigslist for ticket to something else, and found this:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/tix/1733533768.html

Does that help?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 02:27:44 pm »
the wall was a hugely influencial album for me in my teens and i'd really like to go to this show... but for once i don't think it's worth as much as the artist/promoters/etc think it's worth.  getting a last-minute ticket will add to the excitement, and will be a way to challenge my streak of not being denied a show. 

i'd love for this to happen (would make getting a ticket on the cheap easier) but unlikely.  if they're going to do a second date, they'd most likely do it immediately before or immediately after the current date.  but who knows, stranger things have happened.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 02:31:55 pm »
I went to see him at Montage Mountain years ago and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen, despite, or because of, a huge storm throughout most of the show.  I would highly recommend going to see him.

Mark_Read

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 03:01:27 pm »
I could pull only the $253 "Limited View" seats and a couple on the floor at the back. He's just added dates in Boston, East Rutherford, Ft. Lauderdale, Long Island, New York, Montreal, San Jose and Toronto, so DC may get another.

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 03:28:58 pm »
wow . . . i guess my thoery in the hey seth thread was way wrong.  glad i got presale tickets!!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 09:33:58 pm »
Pink Floyd was a top-3 band for me in high school and I had the opportunity to see Waters in my hometown in 99. Back in the day when you could wait outside arenas to get the best seats, I camped out the night before and got a pair of third-row (still the best "seats" I've ever had at an arena show) for $25 each (amazing). I was much bigger into WYWH and Animals than the Wall, but it would be cool to see the whole album played. He also played some of his solo stuff at the show, which is really good. As far as I can remember, he also had a nice light show. Pigs was by far the highlight of the night for me.

I know album sales aren't the driver of finances anymore, but it is still mindblowing to see how ticket costs have increased astronomically in a decade. Like many people much older than me, I feel fortunate to have been able to see Waters before tickets became unaffordable for your normal part-time working high school kid.

walkonby

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 09:49:37 pm »
i went insane and battled years of deep, delicious depression in my youth . . . all while listening to the wall over and over and over.  then some dark side, but always back to the wall.  i remember the first time i saw the movie.  geldolf became my inner deamon to stroke and keep as a pet.  i just had to see this concert, and i know roger counted on people like me to pay those prices.  i think i'll go shave off my eyebrows now.

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 10:37:56 pm »
The Wall was on tv last night.  I saw it for the first since early high school. It's really not a good movie: it lacks any subtlety and every image is just a vagina.

heather

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 10:46:07 pm »
The Wall was on tv last night.
i watched a bit of it as i was flipping through the channels... it was on fuse, i think.

It's really not a good movie: it lacks any subtlety and every image is just a vagina.
maybe that's why i had chills....