Author Topic: The DC Record Fair Returns on Sunday May 23rd  (Read 2824 times)

Nitekrawler

The DC Record Fair Returns on Sunday May 23rd
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:17:01 am »

Only $2.00 at the door peoples.
Recognize.

hutch

Re: The DC Record Fair Returns on Sunday January 29
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:55:13 pm »
Anyone go?

I just got back.. barely made it out with clothes... I had a maximum to spend of about $160 to spend and came home with $20....ugh...

It is always funny how there are some "dealers" who are trying to rip people off and some with good prices but its hard to tell who is who...I found a really good dealer about an hour into the thing.. I can only imagine what he had.. I still spent $50 on his table alone! As usual Som Records has a nice table. .I always find stuff from Neal...

Because its so chaotic and the lighting is suspect I tend to like to not buy any records more than a few bucks because if you get home and they have an issue you're f*ucked...but I bought a few pricier things for my standards like Moondog, Max Roach, Morrissey, Bob Dylan, John Cale.. thing I had to have..

but everything else i bought was $1-$4 which is sort of the way I like to do it at these things...

I think there might be another record fair in April..

I noticed one dude I see around the thrift stores hunting vinyl was selilng.. sometimes I think of getting my own table to get rid of extras but then I think to myself that then I couldn't have fun searching for records I want ...

hutch

Re: The DC Record Fair Returns on Sunday May 23rd
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 03:05:42 pm »
The guy who works at CD Cellar from the band CIgarrette had his own table.. I found two cool things at his table...

Starsky

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 01:45:51 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 02:53:43 pm »
And I spaced it…..doh

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 06:04:52 pm »
My ex-neighbor at my old place, who is now my business neighbor as he opened his record shop two blocks from my current residence, went and said he did the best morning of sales he had done in two years. So must have been brisk.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 07:46:54 pm »
That’s great!

I have had good luck with Richmond sellers…. They come to sell

Some old dudes are carting the same box of crummy overpriced shit year after year

I have thought a little about opening up a record store / bar..yes, paying rent etc would suck but I think I might make up a nice chunk with people bringing in vinyl and CDs to sell…  not to mention keep the ones I want…but then I really would have to stop buying from record stores.. I wouldn’t want to be like the red onion chap who goes to other record stores in the area and snaps up all the $1 records to sell them at $10… competes with his own customers! setting up a store would be complicated so not going to do it… but I think about it

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 08:41:11 pm »

I have had good luck with Richmond sellers…. They come to sell
The shit I’ve found in this guys shoebox-sized store in the middle of a trendy residential neighborhood is just insane. I’ve told anyone who listens that he has the best 80 sq ft record store in the mid-Atlantic. No idea how he sources this stuff.

I’ll give a shout to the board next time he’s doing a DC show. My bad to only bring this up post-facto.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 02:25:47 pm »
DC record fair returns to Penn Social this Sunday!!