Author Topic: The 5 Most Listened To CDs of The Week  (Read 82516 times)

mankie

Re: The 5 Most Listened To CDs of The Week
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2002, 01:37:00 pm »
"Common occurance" was probably bad choice of words, "almost accepted and just another news story" would be more accurate.<P>Don't you get daily mailings of missing children?

G.Love

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2002, 01:40:00 pm »
SUFFER LITTLE CHILDREN<P>Over the moors,take me to the moors<BR>dig a shallow grave<BR>and I'll lay me down<BR>Lesley-Anne, with your pretty white beads<BR>oh John, you'll never be a man<BR>and you'll never see your home again<BR>oh Manchester, so much to answer for<BR>Edward, see those alluring lights?<BR>tonight will be your very last night<BR>a woman said "I know my son is dead<BR>I'll never rest my hands on his scared head"<BR>Hindley wakes and Hindley says:<BR>"Wherever he has gone, I have gone "<BR>But fresh lilaced moorland fields<BR>cannot hide the stoild stench of death<BR>Hindley wakes and Hindley says:<BR>"Whatever he has done, I have done"<BR>But this is no easy ride<BR>for a child cries<BR>"find me...find me, nothing more<BR>we're on a sullen misty moor<BR>we may be dead and we may be gone<BR>but we will be right by your side<BR>until the day you die<BR>this is no easy ride<BR>we will haunt you when you laugh<BR>yes, you could say we're a team<BR>you might sleep<BR>BUT YOU WILL NEVER DREAM!"<BR>Oh Manchester, so much to answer for<BR>Oh Manchester, so much to answer for<BR>Over the moor, I'm on the moor<BR>the child is on the moor<P><BR>"I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR HER EVEN IN DEATH...I JUST HOPE SHE GOES TO HELL."<BR>-Winnie Johnson, mother of victim Keith Bennett, 12. <P>well said....<p>[This message has been edited by G.Love (edited 11-16-2002).]

paige

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2002, 06:03:00 pm »
the smiths singles<BR>sigur ros ()<BR>the clash london calling<BR>majority rule interviews with david frost<P>thats 4, cause i forget the other ones<BR>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2002, 06:53:00 pm »
You know what sucks?  I took out my Buzzcocks "Singles Going Steady" CD today to play it, and the CD wasn't in the case!  <P>      <P><BR>
_\|/_

Captain Jack

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2002, 07:45:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B>the smiths singles<BR>sigur ros ()<BR>the clash london calling<BR>majority rule interviews with david frost<P>thats 4, cause i forget the other ones</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Do you have the new Majority Rule split with pageninetynine yet? It's quite impressive, only 4 new MR songs though. <P>

paige

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2002, 08:39:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Jack:<BR><B> Do you have the new Majority Rule split with pageninetynine yet? It's quite impressive, only 4 new MR songs though. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i borrowed it from my friend. it's great. i wish i could have made the trip to see them in DE a few weeks ago. i wish they'd come back. what have you been up to lately anyway,captain?<P>

Captain Jack

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2002, 11:06:00 pm »
I've been around,  going to shows here and there, junior year is tough on me though. Missed a bosstones show at 9:30 for the first time in two years. Listening to a lot of dub reggae and Q and not u.

Skaboss

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2002, 09:44:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Jack:<BR><B>I've been around,  going to shows here and there, junior year is tough on me though. Missed a bosstones show at 9:30 for the first time in two years. Listening to a lot of dub reggae and Q and not u.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Too bad you missed the bosstones shows, they were a blast. Heading to Milwaukee to see them again on the first of Dec.<P>I've been on a dub kick lately as well, any suggestions? This morning here at work I'm listening to Linval Thompson and Agustus Pablo...<P>

paige

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2002, 12:02:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Jack:<BR><B>I've been around,  going to shows here and there, junior year is tough on me though. Missed a bosstones show at 9:30 for the first time in two years. Listening to a lot of dub reggae and Q and not u.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah tell me about it. these past few months have been stressful. i wanted to see the bosstones too but couldn't go. i really wish glassjaw would come back. dammit, i was looking forward to that show. you should come to interpol dec 6th. it'll be a good time. or maybe gwar, heh.

ggw

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2002, 03:23:00 pm »
Idlewild -- The Remote Part<BR>Psychedelic Furs -- Forever Now<BR>Sparta -- Wiretap Scars<BR>The Soundtrack of Our Lives -- Behind The Music<BR>The Who -- Tommy

Captain Jack

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2002, 06:31:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skaboss:<BR><B> Too bad you missed the bosstones shows, they were a blast. Heading to Milwaukee to see them again on the first of Dec.<P>I've been on a dub kick lately as well, any suggestions? This morning here at work I'm listening to Linval Thompson and Agustus Pablo...<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Definately get some King Tubby and some Scientist, they're currently my favorites. Scientist is probably stronger on my list, my dub-funk band even covers the Scientist song "African Daughter Dub" that bass line stick with you for weeks while your school is in lockdown. oh yeah, I want to GWAR if I can find some money. <BR>

boysforpele

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2002, 07:03:00 pm »
tori amos~ scarlet's walk<BR>           from the choirgirl hotel<BR>           little earthquakes<BR>dismemberment plan~ change<BR>coldplay~ parachutes<P>and anything else these kids play in their dorm rooms here at umfuckind.<BR>

Jaguär

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2002, 07:14:00 pm »
Pele!!!!!<P>Where have you been? <P>Your Big Daddy Mini Mankie has been lonely since you've been gone.  <P>Welcome back!

boysforpele

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2002, 04:24:00 pm »
ugh, been studying here at umd.<BR>life is.....well, life.<BR>difficult.<BR>i dont have too much time for webboards, so i've stayed away but i say it does thrill my heart to hear mankie has missed me so  <BR>hope you're doing well<BR>xx<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguär:<BR><B>Pele!!!!!<P>Where have you been? <P>Your Big Daddy Mini Mankie has been lonely since you've been gone.   <P>Welcome back!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

mankie

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2002, 07:33:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boysforpele:<BR><B>ugh, been studying here at umd.<BR>life is.....well, life.<BR>difficult.<BR>i dont have too much time for webboards, so i've stayed away but i say it does thrill my heart to hear mankie has missed me so   <BR>hope you're doing well<BR>xx<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Hi Pele...I really have missed you ...nobody else on this message board likes me.<BR>