Author Topic: Now Onsale  (Read 38564 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Now Onsale
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 03:53:17 pm »
Ya know, I did see all those at one point but made the mistake of not bookmarking them. Some of them can probably be found using Google, though.
Thank you very much!

If you don't mind me being greedy any links for Hold Steady, Tallest Man on Earth, Klaxons and/or Billy Bragg?
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 03:53:39 pm »
well he wants to see Janelle Monae so bad. Please forgive him.

And the funny thing is how many shows does James Ford even go to at the club anymore -- maybe once a quarter?  Funny thing to get steamed over when you're not even part of the chaos seeking tickets.
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 06:35:43 pm »
For the record, I am opposed to this thread too, for a variety of reasons, the least of which is jadetree.
27>34

wml7

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 07:41:11 pm »
For the record, I am opposed to this thread too, for a variety of reasons, the least of which is jadetree.

sorry to ask, who is jadetree  ;D

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:11 pm »
I too am a bit opposed to this thread, but am not in the position to know if it's against any ticketing policies..  although it does point out the social networking aspects of the forum....
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 08:00:58 pm »
sorry to ask, who is jadetree  ;D

A boardie legend.  Founder of the "Just Announced" thread is her ongoing legacy.
27>34

Vas Deferens

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 08:01:39 pm »
^^ tempted to start a twitter account just for these soft sales ...what name should it be? should incorporate James Ford's name...haha
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 08:03:21 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07:33 pm »
I too am a bit opposed to this thread, but am not in the position to know if it's against any ticketing policies..  although it does point out the social networking aspects of the forum....

Here's the etiquette I would suggest in order to protect the sanctity of the soft sale for fellow boardies:

(1) Only post the name of the band with a link to the ticket sale as sweetcell has done for most of the On Sale announcements (this has thus far kept them off the googles)

(2) No passwords if the thread is to remain open to the public (ie, non-registered boardies).  PM passwords to fellow boardies only as has been the practice most of the time previously.

(3)  Never post the links for bands that I like and will be travelling to DC to see until after I have purchased my tix. 

Ok, thanks.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 08:12:37 pm »
^^ tempted to start a twitter account just for these soft sales ...

Why?  For your own personal glory?

The more people who know about a soft sale, the less soft it becomes.  It's not like there won't ever be a public annoucement for the masses.
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 08:32:43 pm »
Don't wanna ruffle any feathers unless they're James Ford's.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 08:40:19 pm »
how 'bout we don't post links here until the public onsale has started?  no presales, no soft sales?
<sig>

Bags

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:39 am »
Here's the problem -- lately TicketFly has had sales for shows that don't appear to even be Soft Sales yet.  Good example is Superchunk.  If you go to TF and search for Superchunk, the 9:30 show does not come up.  As a boardie and long long time 9:30 regular, this is frustating the shite out of me.  These are not just soft sales links, they're really hidden links.

Absolutely against passwords to presales, but I don't think that was ever the intent of this thread.

For regular soft sales that show up on TF in a normal manner, well, maybe this thread makes it a little too easy, though you gotta figure if someone is resourceful enough to find this forum and the info they need, they can find what used to be a normal soft sale link.

bearman🐻

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 10:49:30 am »
agreed with Bags...these hidden links from Ticketfly are ultimately what I'd appreciate seeing.

vansmack

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 12:20:56 pm »
agreed with Bags...these hidden links from Ticketfly are ultimately what I'd appreciate seeing.

Check your PMs (both of you).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:41:07 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 12:31:55 pm »
I don't want to speak for any of the other veterans of the board, but I think the reason for the concern is all of the work that went into getting soft sales.

For years boardies asked (READ: bitched to/at) Seth for a solution to his most loyal customers (aka Boardies) being shut out of tickets to popular shows.  The solution was originally the soft sales concept for up and coming bands and then the addition of Volume Presales for the most popular acts.

The more that information is not "soft" the less useful Seth's solution is for us.  I like the concept of sharing that information with other boardies, but once it hits the public, it's self defeating.  The old board was not searchable by the googles so I would have been less opposed to this concept, but this new board is searchable.  In reality though, a typical google search turns up the ticket fly link before this thread, but I'm guessing that's only because this thread is new.  Once it has a ton of oft used links, it will move up the Zeitgeist...

My preference would be a way to close the thread down to registered board users only (sorry lurkers, but lurking is for pussies anyway - take issue with that?  Register and give me shit!), but I don't know if that's possible, or even the will of the rest of the group.
27>34