Author Topic: Now Onsale  (Read 38567 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Now Onsale
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2010, 02:57:17 pm »
When the show was announced, I did remark to Joe that there may be two shows given the early doortime. Maybe there is something to this.

god i hope not
o/\o

nkotb

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2010, 05:29:55 pm »
Two shows?  No way Pollard could do that, right?  I mean, exactly how drunk would he be for the second show?

When the show was announced, I did remark to Joe that there may be two shows given the early doortime. Maybe there is something to this.

god i hope not

azaghal1981

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2010, 06:10:53 pm »
True. Especially if each was 3 hrs. Yeah, unlikely.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2010, 08:14:52 pm »
I don't wanna discourage you or anyone, but I read the twitter response from 930 and it's the same response you'd get if a show hasn't been announced yet (which is true). So, I won't be surprised if the show is finally announced and it will say "SOLD OUT".  It will be the same response you'd get if you inquire about Social Distortion, which has been on sale for a week or so....  ;D

Remember the "soft sales" from tickets.com in the past? (soft sales selling out before the shows were announced...).

930's twitter offers the Xanax to my panic...If I interpret it correctly: club's GBV public sale still to come. A big whew, but still, is it me or are sales a bit off or confusing w/TF / sales lately? Probably just me, but I want the club to know I appreciate the soft and pre-sales and all Seth does for us. (My opinions about link announcements, [until more is revealed] are along the lines of Bombay's and with Shadrach's echoes, for what it's worth.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:52:25 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2010, 10:24:14 pm »
Remember the "soft sales" from tickets.com in the past? (soft sales selling out before the shows were announced...).

right, but this wasn't a soft sale.  it was an artist's presale.  artists never get the full allotment.  there will be more tickets available for sale.
<sig>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2010, 07:30:44 am »
We always save tickets for our regulars...we never let the bands have them all (as much as they would like them)

so, if you hear about a show, rest assured that the tickets will not all be gone before we give you a shot

not to say you shouldn't try to get them wherever you can, but that will not be the last opportunity

GBV is one show, they just want to play a long time

nkotb

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2010, 09:05:22 am »
That rules.

walkonby

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2010, 09:26:31 am »
interesting . . . i have never heard of or listened to this gbv band.  but they must be the second coming of christ with all this hype.

azaghal1981

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2010, 09:32:49 am »
No, that's My Bloody Valentine. Sheesh...get your rock deities right.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2010, 09:36:40 am »
Yeah, plus, they didn't really go anywhere.

I have firm belief that you could make a GBV mixtape for just about anyone in the world, and, with the right selection of songs, if would be that person's favorite album ever.

No, that's My Bloody Valentine. Sheesh...get your rock deities right.

walkonby

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2010, 09:54:50 am »
off topic . . . but last night, the coolest thing happened.  i think i almost pulled something out of dream into reality.  i was smoking a cigarette in my dream, bringing the butt to my mouth multiple times.  then i awoke.  i knew i was awake.  and the rest of my dream cigarette was still in my hand.  i brought it to my mouth as if i was still dreaming and poof, it vanished before my eyes.  i sat up looking at my hand thinking that this was the coolest thing that had ever happened.  now i hope i am not killed by freddy krueger.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:56:45 am by walkonby »

wml7

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2010, 09:57:19 am »
off topic . . . but last night, the coolest thing happened.  i think i almost pulled something out of dream into reality.  i was smoking a cigarette in my dream, bringing the butt to my mouth multiple times.  then i awoke.  i knew i was awake.  and the rest of my dream cigarette was still in my hand.  i brought it to my mouth as if i was still dreaming and poof, it vanished before my eyes.  i sat up looking at my hand thinking that this was the coolest thing that had ever happened.  now i hope i am not killed by freddy krueger.

Go see the movie Inception  ;D

eltee

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2010, 10:01:28 am »
Thanks for the post, Seth. Good to know there are the opportunities outside an artists' sale/pre-sale. It helps! Thank you. (re: soft sales selling out, at least they were "announced" in the email blast. Would have been a whole new scramble for me if this trend continued, and announcements via an artists' site...I'm already signed up for a ton, and currently azag is borrowing my powers. ;) I guess I see now why you folks wanted this thread.)

azaghal1981

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2010, 10:04:33 am »
And what powers may these be? NKOTB got the GBV wish granted.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:14:38 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

godsshoeshine

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2010, 10:12:11 am »
That rules.

unreal how happy this made me
o/\o