Author Topic: Now Onsale  (Read 38581 times)

Bags

Re: Now Onsale
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 10:58:59 am »
I doubt it, I think this was the general sale.  That's how  it was characterized on GBV site, and all the other sales that took place were final sales.  See The Hold Steady -- same deal.  It was specifically listed as the general sale after a two day 'presale.'

'zag, thanks for the heads-up this morning.  it's been a hectic day, but i happened to check the board in time, around noon.  danke.

i doubt that the whole show is sold out.  this was probably the artist's allotment.  i'd expect a general onsale at some point.

Bags

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 11:01:49 am »
I have firm belief that you could make a GBV mixtape for just about anyone in the world, and, with the right selection of songs, if would be that person's favorite album ever.
I'm with you, nkotb

Shadrach

« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2010, 11:08:26 am »
Sorry Bags, you're wrong. As we've been trying to explain here, until we announce a show for public sale, what you're finding on artist sites are early sales just via the bands page and/or fanclub. These are not general or public sales and will not sell out, as only a certain allotment is made available for these sales.

I doubt it, I think this was the general sale.  That's how  it was characterized on GBV site, and all the other sales that took place were final sales.  See The Hold Steady -- same deal.  It was specifically listed as the general sale after a two day 'presale.'

'zag, thanks for the heads-up this morning.  it's been a hectic day, but i happened to check the board in time, around noon.  danke.

i doubt that the whole show is sold out.  this was probably the artist's allotment.  i'd expect a general onsale at some point.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:22:53 am by Shadrach »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2010, 11:09:48 am »
I doubt it, I think this was the general sale.  That's how  it was characterized on GBV site, and all the other sales that took place were final sales. 

uh bags - didn't you see seth's post on the previous page of this thread?

We always save tickets for our regulars...we never let the bands have them all (as much as they would like them)

so, if you hear about a show, rest assured that the tickets will not all be gone before we give you a shot

not to say you shouldn't try to get them wherever you can, but that will not be the last opportunity

the GBV show was not announced in a weekly blast, or a Volume, or anywhere associated with 930/IMP - so we haven't been given a shot.  seth promised us a shot.  i trust seth. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:11:31 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

lagas

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2010, 11:32:03 am »
it seems some people wants this show to sold out as soon as possible, so no one else can get a chance to see how awesome this bands is...weird...
zorra

Bags

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2010, 11:36:35 am »
I doubt it, I think this was the general sale.  That's how  it was characterized on GBV site, and all the other sales that took place were final sales. 

I hadn't seen Seth's post.  Of note, the other clubs shows went on general sale without being announced by the clubs as well.  Hence my assumption.  The Hold Stead said SPECIFICALLY it was the general sale.  Color me wrong, luckily it doesn't happen much, and I'm fine with being wrong here as this has been confusing as hell.

No, lagas, we don't WANT the show sold out.  I told Board folks I know love the band about the GBV sale so they wouldn't get shut out.

Shadrach

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2010, 12:09:41 pm »
Regardless of what the bands call these sales, public or general, it doesn't change how we will handle these sales and announcements. We will always have tickets available for when we do announce these shows.

I hadn't seen Seth's post.  Of note, the other clubs shows went on general sale without being announced by the clubs as well.  Hence my assumption.  The Hold Stead said SPECIFICALLY it was the general sale.  Color me wrong, luckily it doesn't happen much, and I'm fine with being wrong here as this has been confusing as hell.

No, lagas, we don't WANT the show sold out.  I told Board folks I know love the band about the GBV sale so they wouldn't get shut out.

Bags

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2010, 12:34:04 pm »
Regardless of what the bands call these sales, public or general, it doesn't change how we will handle these sales and announcements. We will always have tickets available for when we do announce these shows.
Completely awesome, reasonable and right!  Glad to hear it.  I hope (and think maybe) this is the case for the other GBV shows as well (Boston, Philly), which would explain them selling out in 15-20 minutes when the shows hadn't even been announced or advertised by any of the clubs.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2010, 12:36:30 pm »
^^ the Troc show was on the Troc website prior to Saturday's sale date. Per gbv.com, Philly and Boston are sold out.
(_|_)

eltee

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2010, 01:06:45 pm »
sold out at Troc box office or sold out artists' sale at website? J/K! - you don't have to answer.
(thanks for the continued input, Shadrach)
For what it's worth, it's not about GBV, I wanted clarification for all shows/sales.
So...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 01:15:31 pm by El Tee »

vansmack

« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2010, 01:13:48 pm »
Can we talk about how over rated GBV is or should we wait a few more days?
27>34

eltee

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2010, 01:14:45 pm »
And what powers may these be? NKOTB got the GBV wish granted.

I dunno, but you're doing something with numbers, Rain Man.

nkotb

« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2010, 01:26:25 pm »
I'd kick this in just after the public sale sells out.  Really irritate those that didn't get tix.

azaghal1981

« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2010, 01:27:16 pm »
What numbers? There are no numbers. It's a myth like the yeti or Saddam Hussein's WMD's.
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2010, 01:34:05 pm »
Stop stealing my lines.