Author Topic: loudest show at the club?  (Read 19694 times)

Relaxer

Re: loudest show at the club?
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 04:26:01 pm »
There was a J Mascis + Fog show at the BC in the late 90s that was really loud
But the one that sticks in my head the most is the Soundtrack of Our Lives show for their 'Behind the Music' album.
I've seen Motorhead twice at the club and haven't been struck by it being overly loud.
oword

walkonby

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 05:26:31 pm »
the j show at black cat sticks out so wonderful in my mind.  the lone star j on stage proving his worth without "the one who sould not be spoken" and yes, very loud.  i somehow dragged my partner to it, who never goes to concerts with me, thinks my taste in music should have a 'dis' in front of it, hates going into dc, and saw the entire evening as "interesting."  he couldn't hear correctly the next morning, thought the bar's beer lines needed cleaning . . . and couldn't understand for the life of him why j plus that loud equals the way it has to be

azaghal1981

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2010, 09:36:46 am »
Tuesday is in the top 10 loudest for me. All three bands were devastatingly loud but the mix was nice and crisp for each.

احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2010, 09:41:19 am »
Yes, that Boris show was devastatingly loud and beautiful...........
(_|_)

imbecile

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2010, 10:42:53 am »
There was a J Mascis + Fog show at the BC in the late 90s that was really loud
But the one that sticks in my head the most is the Soundtrack of Our Lives show for their 'Behind the Music' album.
I've seen Motorhead twice at the club and haven't been struck by it being overly loud.

I saw J. Mascis and the Fog probably the day after at Alley Katz in Richmond.  It was brutally loud as well and about half the size of the black cat.  My ears suffered for quite a while after that one.

Unsanity

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2010, 11:43:16 am »
I thought that Boris show was the least loud they have been. Hah.

A few loud ones that stick out to me are The Locust when they opened for Fantomas, it was like a wall of jack hammers hitting you.

Deftones usually were pretty loud too.

also the Plea for Peace-Take Action tour way back when with the Dillinger Escape Plan was brutally loud.

azaghal1981

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2010, 11:48:13 am »
I found that Boris show way louder than the BC shows and the Knitting Factory show from early '08.

And obviously, much clearer than the Black Cat shows.

I never felt low end in the pit of my stomach like that at the Black Cat.
احمد

Sage 703

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2010, 12:26:19 pm »
Alcian Blue used to be pretty devastatingly loud, but they were never at the Club.  BC backstage, Galaxy Hut, Warehouse, Velvet.

killsaly

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2010, 12:35:37 pm »
SVI continues the Alcian Blue tradition.  I absolutely can not take out my ear plugs when i watch them play (which is 6 or so times a year, man they play a shit ton of area shows.)

None at the club though (not that I complain, i love the smaller venues way more.)

smakawhat

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2010, 01:24:22 pm »
I didn't think the Boris show was that loud either, with maybe the exceptional droney end with the lead singer Takeshi ripping out his Sunn amps...

Still doesn't beat the Ministry show I saw at the club years ago...

mfanning

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2010, 12:04:21 am »
The first night of Garbage in April '05...punishingly loud, but also crysal clear...the second night was noticeably softer...

Loudest of all time would have to be Sugar at Hammerjack's, November of '94...ears were ringin for 3 days after that...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:13 am »
Loudest of all time would have to be Sugar at Hammerjack's, November of '94...ears were ringin for 3 days after that...

I was there. Plenty loud, maybe top 10. What I remember more was the girl in the extraordinarily well-fitted white turtleneck on the catwalk above the rear of the stage.

Another loud one: Neil Young and Crazy Horse in '91 at the Capital Centre w/ Sonic Youth and Social Distortion. That was such a killer line-up I thought I'd type it again:
Neil Young
Sonic Youth
Social D
😐 🎶