Author Topic: Ray's the Steaks East River  (Read 7974 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: Ray's the Steaks East River
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:10 pm »
imbecile, thanks for the link

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 04:42:22 pm »
imbecile, thanks for the link

Thanks for the discussion, imbecile.
27>34

slappy

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 01:02:35 pm »

Wrong thread, cunt.
It's not about the latest phone from Japan with shiny buttons that nobody gives a shit about.
Make yourself relevant and post on a nite club web site that's at least on the same coast that you reside.

Mobius

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 01:13:27 pm »
Haha, I love these redheaded stepchild threads.

Hey, I'm supposed to meet my friend today at 7 . . .does anyone know what time it is?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 03:35:57 pm »

Wrong thread, cunt.
It's not about the latest phone from Japan with shiny buttons that nobody gives a shit about.
Make yourself relevant and post on a nite club web site that's at least on the same coast that you reside.

Hey, Slappy. Drop it, please. Smackie is a very long time vested member of this forum way back from when he use to live in DC. While I'll refrain from getting involved and making judgement on this 'imbecile' arguement, by looking at his vanity thread, it's very obvious that many here like and appreciate both Smackie and his thread. So please refrain from attacking Smackie so that I can retract my claws. Thanks.

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 03:43:02 pm »
Slappy registered 10/16/2001. Vansmack registered 10/4/2001.

I reckon Vansmack does have seniority, but one could also argue Slappy is a long time vested member as well.

But you have to admit, Slappy's post was funny. Just like the times he has slapped me on here.

Wrong thread, cunt.

Hey, Slappy. Drop it, please. Smackie is a very long time vested member of this forum way back from when he use to live in DC. While I'll refrain from getting involved and making judgement on this 'imbecile' arguement, by looking at his vanity thread, it's very obvious that many here like and appreciate both Smackie and his thread. So please refrain from attacking Smackie so that I can retract my claws. Thanks.

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 04:33:36 pm »
But you have to admit, Slappy's post was funny.

I laughed.  And I would laugh twice as hard if he meant it as I was simply going for a play on words there...I think TMUL and imbecile got it.

And thanks Jag, but there's room for everybody.  He's not the first and he certainly won't be the last to be jealous of my stature.
27>34

Hieronymus

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 05:41:56 pm »

3. The Cancer Argument against meat-eating

Those who eat flesh are far more likely to contract cancer than those following a vegetarian diet.

The risk of contracting breast cancer is 3.8 times greater for women who eat meat daily compared to less than once a week; 2.8 times greater for women who eat eggs daily compared to once a week; and 3.25 greater for women who eat butter and cheese 2 to 4 times a week as compared to once a week.

The risk of fatal ovarian cancer is three times greater for women who eat eggs 3 or more times a week as compared with less than once a week.

The risk of fatal prostate cancer is 3.6 times greater for men who consume meat, cheese, eggs and milk daily as compared with sparingly or not at all.

I'm so fucking tired of vegan acquaintances bringing this shit up... All of the studies that link meat/dairy/etc. consumption to cancer include processed deli meats, hotdogs, certain cheeses and so on which use chemical preservatives. It's the nitrites in many of these preservatives which can act as carcinogens. No study that I've seen has tested the connection of cancer to grass-fed, unprocessed livestock. A study that spans (surprise) all forms of all the things that vegans are against is not only suspiciously directed towards one conclusion, but will clearly fail to isolate the source of the problem.

What I'm saying here is that there is some obvious selection bias going on there.

The "vegans will fix world hunger/everything/war/unhappiness" point of view strikes me as extremely short-sighted, as in probably 90% of the world it's impossible to be vegan and be well-fed. Additionally, it runs counter to zillions of local traditions in zillions of places. It is also not economically viable for a significant portion of even the US population. Imposing vegan ideals on the whole world, even theoretically, is both ignorant and colonialistic.

This is the kind of self-righteous bullshit, although on a smaller scale, that has caused hundreds of wars.

To be a vegan is an imposition on the people around you, on the friends and family you love. To rant about how you're fucking saving the world through it makes it even less pleasant for us/them to tolerate your perma-teenaged bullshit.

slappy

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 06:52:04 pm »

Wrong thread, cunt.

Some facts...
1. As pointed out I have been on here as long if not longer because I re-registered after the change in forums.
2. I have never read nor intend to look at his douchey 'vanity' thread. He obviously really can't get enough of himself as my comment was referring to the iphone thread.
3. That wasn't an 'attack'. That was just seeing someone behaving as a cunt and calling them on it. An attack would be like I'm gonna beat you up after school. I have no intentions of flying across the country nor across the street to go after anyone. I'm a lover not a fighter.

Opinion...
I visit the forum mainly to find out about upcoming shows or music news with the occasional stuff on local things. It's strange that so much leeway and protection is given to a select few that have nothing better to do than post here all day long. Let them take their egos to one of the multitudes of other outlets like facebook, a blog, or twitter to masturbate.
There would probably be more local traffic on this site if you kept the playing field level instead of protecting someone thousands of miles away that has no real contribution to the 9:30 club/ DC area discussion.
If the Staph/Seth wanted to have a diverse forum with more people, they'd have moderators that had the same rules for everyone from the newbie to the douchebags that get their panties in a wad for having 3000 posts.

Try a scratching post for those claws. I think Pawticulars on the Hill has 'em.

walkonby

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 06:58:49 pm »

Wrong thread, cunt.

Some facts...
1. As pointed out I have been on here as long if not longer because I re-registered after the change in forums.
2. I have never read nor intend to look at his douchey 'vanity' thread. He obviously really can't get enough of himself as my comment was referring to the iphone thread.
3. That wasn't an 'attack'. That was just seeing someone behaving as a cunt and calling them on it. An attack would be like I'm gonna beat you up after school. I have no intentions of flying across the country nor across the street to go after anyone. I'm a lover not a fighter.

Opinion...
I visit the forum mainly to find out about upcoming shows or music news with the occasional stuff on local things. It's strange that so much leeway and protection is given to a select few that have nothing better to do than post here all day long. Let them take their egos to one of the multitudes of other outlets like facebook, a blog, or twitter to masturbate.
There would probably be more local traffic on this site if you kept the playing field level instead of protecting someone thousands of miles away that has no real contribution to the 9:30 club/ DC area discussion.
If the Staph/Seth wanted to have a diverse forum with more people, they'd have moderators that had the same rules for everyone from the newbie to the douchebags that get their panties in a wad for having 3000 posts.

Try a scratching post for those claws. I think Pawticulars on the Hill has 'em.

you're type of forum sounds boring and conformist and cultish . . . like when that woman took over hogwarts in harry potter and the order of the phoenix.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 07:05:37 pm »
Wow. It must be male PMS day in here.  :o :D :o

Here you guys. This might help.

Slappy, I enjoyed reading your response. It made me laugh... a lot.

Walkie, I fully agree with you. You understand cats purrrfectly well.  ;D

Smackie.... Cheers!  ;)

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 07:31:13 pm »
Some facts...
...douchey 'vanity' thread. He obviously really can't get enough of himself...
...behaving as a cunt....

Technically, those are opinions.
27>34

slappy

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 01:46:31 am »

you're type of forum sounds boring and conformist and cultish . . . like when that woman took over hogwarts in harry potter and the order of the phoenix.

Of course you don't like it, you can identify wirh one of the atributes i criticized. Sorry, i don't get the harry potter reference as i'm not 12 years old or 40 and older thinking i should watch such crap to relive my youth.

slappy

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 01:52:57 am »
Some facts...
...douchey 'vanity' thread. He obviously really can't get enough of himself...
...behaving as a cunt....

Technically, those are opinions.

Nope, sorry to break it to you. You have both a douchey thread and are a cunt. Go to the FAQ section and ask for yourself. Don't hate the game, hate way you're playing it.

slappy

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 02:18:11 am »
Wow. It must be male PMS day in here.  :o :D :o

Here you guys. This might help.

Slappy, I enjoyed reading your response. It made me laugh... a lot.

Walkie, I fully agree with you. You understand cats purrrfectly well.  ;D

Smackie.... Cheers!  ;)

;D  ;D Cute dismissive comment with lame image back at ya! Hope you laugh...  alot. And shout out to all the douchebag posters by truncating thier names and adding an 'ies' to the end! ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:25:35 am by slappy »