Author Topic: Ray's the Steaks East River  (Read 7983 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Ray's the Steaks East River
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 08:58:39 am »
unreal thread

i too have heard nothing but good things about ray's
o/\o

walkonby

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 09:20:19 am »
nothing better than somebody who wants moderators to better control the site . . . as they go around calling everybody cunts and douchebags.  in the immortal words of somebody on here, "get the fuck off my internet!"  "and get the fuck out of here, as well."

wml7

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 09:52:39 am »
can we get a cat pic  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 09:59:13 am »

outside "meow's the steaks."

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 01:54:12 pm »
EDIT: I'll take the high road here.  I'm sorry that I offended you with my joke.  I apologize that I have done something (or, perhaps many things) to make you not care for my brand of entertainment here on the board.  I'm not likely to change drastically, however, I will be more sensitive to your suggestions that I focus more on things that interest you.  When I'm in DC in the next couple months, perhaps we can get a drink and you will see that I'm really not a bad guy.  Most people who meet me find me a rather pleasant fella.  I hope that you will too.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:26:30 pm by vansmack »
27>34

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 01:58:36 pm »
Opinion...
I visit the forum mainly to find out about upcoming shows or music news with the occasional stuff on local things. It's strange that so much leeway and protection is given to a select few that have nothing better to do than post here all day long. Let them take their egos to one of the multitudes of other outlets like facebook, a blog, or twitter to masturbate.
There would probably be more local traffic on this site if you kept the playing field level instead of protecting someone thousands of miles away that has no real contribution to the 9:30 club/ DC area discussion.
If the Staph/Seth wanted to have a diverse forum with more people, they'd have moderators that had the same rules for everyone from the newbie to the douchebags that get their panties in a wad for having 3000 posts.

threads are usually pretty clearly titled and easy to avoid.  if you don't want to read one, don't click on the link.  if you are somehow required to read everything on this board (a situation that only applies to one person that i know of here), you don't have to respond to anything. 

if you want more music posts and local scene related posts, make them.  speaking as the only person that has to read everything here, i appreciate the variety of discussions, as long as they are carried out respectfully.  the club is the common thread that brings people here, but it is not the only thing that can be discussed.

what is not appreciated is the unnecessary name calling.  based on a quick forum search, you clearly have some beef with vansmack.  maybe you should just not read his posts? 

and maybe you should take some of your own advice, from 2003:
"hey young dude...here's some common sense. just because a person fits a stereotype doesn't make it kosher to call them a derogatory name."

notme

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2010, 11:25:13 pm »
those two should fight it out across the street from 930 on the night of the tears for fears show.

slappy

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 04:12:57 pm »
EDIT: I'll take the high road here.  I'm sorry that I offended you with my joke.  I apologize that I have done something (or, perhaps many things) to make you not care for my brand of entertainment here on the board.  I'm not likely to change drastically, however, I will be more sensitive to your suggestions that I focus more on things that interest you.  When I'm in DC in the next couple months, perhaps we can get a drink and you will see that I'm really not a bad guy.  Most people who meet me find me a rather pleasant fella.  I hope that you will too.
No apology needed. Like I said, I was more offended with the notion that the frequency and history of one's posting gives them more entitlement to be an ass than others.
Dude, I don't care what you post. It would just be nice to go on a thread about Ray's the Steaks and not see said brand of entertainment.

I'm sure you are rather pleasant and I'd even buy a round myself.
Kumbayah Motherfuckers!

slappy

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 04:35:58 pm »

threads are usually pretty clearly titled and easy to avoid.  if you don't want to read one, don't click on the link.  if you are somehow required to read everything on this board (a situation that only applies to one person that i know of here), you don't have to respond to anything. 

if you want more music posts and local scene related posts, make them.  speaking as the only person that has to read everything here, i appreciate the variety of discussions, as long as they are carried out respectfully.  the club is the common thread that brings people here, but it is not the only thing that can be discussed.

what is not appreciated is the unnecessary name calling.  based on a quick forum search, you clearly have some beef with vansmack.  maybe you should just not read his posts? 

"hey young dude...here's some common sense. just because a person fits a stereotype doesn't make it kosher to call them a derogatory name."

Right on, I hear ya. But this thread was about supposedly about 'Ray's the Steaks' new joint. I (and probably others) don't care what is discussed on the forums, but the regulars can keep their banter relevant to a thread. This way people can actual do what is suggested and avoid threads.

Sorry to everyone for junking up this thread. I ate at the new Ray's a couple months ago, the half chicken was awesome.

It is a good quote...but to my defense, 2003 WAS before 'Deadwood'. Those cocksuckers changed everything!
Kidding ... it was only done for effect.

ggw

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 06:01:55 pm »
I have eaten at Rays Arlington location (both old and new) a dozen times and they have all been fantastic. They make it an enormous pain in the ass to get a table but once you do, it as great a steak place as you will find.  I have eaten at Hell Burger three times and I find it overrated. No better than any other gourmet burger joint - just more unusual toppings. I have not been to the east river one but have only heard poor reviews.

smakawhat

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 09:02:03 pm »
Ray's makes the best steaks.. love their stuff!!

lily1

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 12:08:46 am »
mr lily and i are regular's at ray's the classics in silver spring. that crab bisque is like crack its so good and i've yet to find a better hanger steak anywhere in the metropolitan area.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 11:18:20 am »
What's the beer selection like at the RTS in Arlington and Minnesota Ave? Bottles and/or drafts? IPAs? Prices? And a pre-emptive go fuck yourself to chaz.

walkonby

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 12:08:02 pm »

Right on, I hear ya. But this thread was about supposedly about 'Ray's the Steaks' new joint. I (and probably others) don't care what is discussed on the forums, but the regulars can keep their banter relevant to a thread. This way people can actual do what is suggested and avoid threads.

Sorry to everyone for junking up this thread. I ate at the new Ray's a couple months ago, the half chicken was awesome.

It is a good quote...but to my defense, 2003 WAS before 'Deadwood'. Those cocksuckers changed everything!
Kidding ... it was only done for effect.

and sorry to you that i exploded such as i did . . . it was rude of me to be such an ass.  i do however find it frightening this ability thatguy has to know everything we've ever said since the start.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 12:50:47 pm »
What's the beer selection like at the RTS in Arlington and Minnesota Ave? Bottles and/or drafts? IPAs? Prices? And a pre-emptive go fuck yourself to chaz.
Sheesh...all the kissing and making up on this thread and you still couldn't keep that tiny thing in your pants.

I, for one, apologize for my snark.