Author Topic: Piranha 3D  (Read 1508 times)

Brian_Wallace

Piranha 3D
« on: August 22, 2010, 01:13:56 pm »

3-D movies are all the rage these days and most of them should be in 4-D.  Because they've wasted my time, but Piranha is AWESOME.  Better even than the "Loveless" remake.

Also, the underwater ballet sequence featuring Playboy cover girl/Burnage Goddess of Love Kelly Brook and Digital Playground contract star/adult film actress Riley Steele is only the greatest three minutes of cinema EVER.  Pisses all over "The Suburbs."

And how does this tie into the 9:30 club message board/f*ing hispster/indie lingua france, you ask?  At one point, the delightful Ms. Brooks declares: "I like The Pixies."  I'm sure they're saving the deconstruction of Alibni's production techniques on Surfer Rosa and how it influenced Alternative Nation for the deluxe 2-disc DVD release.

I guess for filmmakers wishing to quickly shorthand how cool and hip their 19 year-old lead is, Pixies t-shirts are the new Strokes t-shirts.

Brian

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: Piranha 3D
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:59:20 pm »
dickhead.

Unsanity

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 08:29:45 pm »
The movie is possibly the most ridiculous movie I have seen this year. I did enjoy it quite a lot. Lots of really cool cameos and that aqua ballet was glorious. What happened to Andrew (Paul Scheer)? I didn't see him die or live, maybe I looked away for a second or something.

I think this flick goes way beyond rated R.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:52:43 pm »
What happened to Andrew (Paul Scheer)? I didn't see him die or live, maybe I looked away for a second or something.

I wondered the same thing.  I think the final cut is something like 82 minutes, so I'm sure there's a cool death scene in the deleted scenes.

I KNOW this is a great movie because Jerry O'Connell is in it and I didn't feel like punching him.

Brian