Author Topic: The D4  (Read 2020 times)

Guitarguy27

The D4
« on: October 11, 2003, 02:28:00 pm »
Anyone here heard of "the d4" they are my favorite band and hopefully they will come around here soon... maybe if enough people like them 930 might have them!!

Jaguär

Re: The D4
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 03:03:00 pm »
Some of us saw them when they played the 9:30 Club last Summer along with Electric Six.

They weren't bad but nothing I'd go too far out of my way for. Much better as openers than headliners.

Guitarguy27

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 04:07:00 pm »
Really? i've heard that they are known for their amazing shows. although i dont know how good they would be with a dc type audience, usually they tour around in europe where everyone is a bit out of it haha.  oh well, i hope they come back sometime, either opening or headlining, i'd pay a good amount of money to see them.

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 04:29:00 pm »
They do put on a good show. At least, they really put themselves into it, sort of along the lines of the Mooney Suzuki. Both bands are better live than recorded. In fact, they would make a good double bill. It's just that there are so many other bands like them and they aren't anything all that special. They're good though. I just don't think they would capture a DC crowd enough to sell that many tickets on their own. Once inside, they would be enjoyable enough...but better as openers.