Author Topic: Weezer 'Memories' DC Shows Info??  (Read 3037 times)

RustyOrgan

Weezer 'Memories' DC Shows Info??
« on: October 13, 2010, 10:03:37 pm »
Anyone hear anything about a DC stop on the tour?  Can't wait to hear 'Pinkerton' live!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: Weezer 'Memories' DC Shows Info??
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 10:58:25 am »
According to their website, no DC stop is listed.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 12:26:16 pm »
If you look at the tour dates there are large gaps where other shows could be added...  my fingers are crossed!

According to their website, no DC stop is listed.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 02:56:44 pm »
Personally, I'm kinda over the whole "band x performs album x in it's entirety" schtick.  I've seen a few, some have been awesome, but meh, i'm just kinda bored with it.  Used to be a novelty now everyone and their brother is doing it.

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 04:34:05 pm »
performing whole albums = you aren't producing new material anybody cares about.  ask flaming lips.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 06:01:58 pm »
I think it's awesome when bands tour for specific albums!

Personally, I'm kinda over the whole "band x performs album x in it's entirety" schtick.  I've seen a few, some have been awesome, but meh, i'm just kinda bored with it.  Used to be a novelty now everyone and their brother is doing it.

blipvurt

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 12:08:55 am »
I love the "in-full" craze right now. Get to hear album tracks you'd rarely hear live. Plus I think it is fun to see a band rise to the challenge of dusting off and playing a full classic from their catalog.

A really good band knows to follow the album play through with new material or some greatest hits to make it a full show experience.

Just saw a good one tonight - Agnostic Front ripped through "Victim in Pain" at DC9 then did a little career retrospective afterward.

Best seen: "Daydream Nation" by SY in Chicago and "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Spiritualized.

Assuming we get a date here - Which is the better Weezer album to see?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 12:27:27 am »
Pinkerton is great but unfortunately Pinkerton doesn't have My Name is Jonas-->No One Else-->The World Has Turned and Left Me Here. Plus Only in Dreams? THAT is my choice. Been nine long years to see the Blue Album played live.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 12:59:32 am »
I personally think Pinkerton is the better album. The Blue Album doesn't have THE GOOD LIFE and PINK TRIANGLE....!

Pinkerton is great but unfortunately Pinkerton doesn't have My Name is Jonas-->No One Else-->The World Has Turned and Left Me Here. Plus Only in Dreams? THAT is my choice. Been nine long years to see the Blue Album played live.
(_|_)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 05:14:12 pm »
I think I'd rather see Pinkerton. Buuuut I have seen them perform 'Only in Dreams...' and I teared up. So I'd say that's pretty good live.
nothx

K8teebug

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 06:00:02 pm »
At least they're recognizing the fact that they only have 2 good albums.

Did anyone go to the show at AU way back in 2000 or 2001?  THAT was a good show.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 07:38:18 pm »
Or the show at the club on the Pinkerton tour where they basically played both those albums (I think all but two songs).

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 03:51:31 am »
Or the show at the club on the Pinkerton tour where they basically played both those albums (I think all but two songs).

No....way.

Mobius

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 10:58:14 am »
At least they're recognizing the fact that they only have 2 good albums.

I thought the Green Album was awesome

It rocked.  Was a tightly wound unified whole.  Had surprising depth/soul.  Nice Ric Ocasek production.  Captured time and place.

But it seems like this makes me a Weezer fan who's not a real Weezer fan
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:08:03 am by Mobius »

nkotb

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 11:22:10 am »
It was a great show.  Plus, I got in for free after is sold out by telling will call that I bought a ticket, and when they couldn't find it, they waved me and my friends in for free.  Great selection of Pinkerton songs...think that was some of the last time they played them regularly.

Did anyone go to the show at AU way back in 2000 or 2001?  THAT was a good show.

Yeah, that was great too!

I don't konw if "awesome" is the right word, but it's definitely the last album of theirs worth listening too.  Pretty solid from start to finsih, I think.

I thought the Green Album was awesome