Author Topic: DC9 Employees Beat Man to Death  (Read 67287 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: DC9 Employees Beat Man to Death
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2010, 06:45:45 pm »
Only a dickhead throws bricks through a window of a place he was denied entry to, drunk or not. Not defending Dc9 or anything, but cmon.

you should explain that to his family...
_\|/_

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2010, 09:56:35 am »
Looks like a rally/protest is being planned:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Rally_over_Nightclub_Death_Washington_DC-106865763.html
*sigh*

I like how one lady was interviewed and said "I knew him, he was a good kid" then turned around and had some statement omitted and said she had it omitted because it "made him look like he drank too much and faught a lot." Really?

Only a dickhead throws bricks through a window of a place he was denied entry to, drunk or not. Not defending Dc9 or anything, but cmon.

You're speaking logic and someone dying like this involves emotions. People are going to speak from a very compassionate side of this. And I agree, I don't like the fact the kid lost his life either but the fact he decided to throw a brick the window.....I mean, thats something I don't think they should overlook.

Saw that protest coming a mile away. Like I said, its the Ethiopian community and the mainly stick together. 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2010, 10:45:21 am »
You're speaking logic and someone dying like this involves emotions.

See, this is why I like you! You've got a good mind and lots of common sense. That's probably why you know how to deal with others here in a very light handed way who have given you crap in the past.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2010, 11:41:42 am »

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Rally_over_Nightclub_Death_Washington_DC-106865763.html
*sigh*

I like how one lady was interviewed and said "I knew him, he was a good kid" then turned around and had some statement omitted and said she had it omitted because it "made him look like he drank too much and faught a lot." Really?

You're speaking logic and someone dying like this involves emotions. People are going to speak from a very compassionate side of this. And I agree, I don't like the fact the kid lost his life either but the fact he decided to throw a brick the window.....I mean, thats something I don't think they should overlook.

Saw that protest coming a mile away. Like I said, its the Ethiopian community and the mainly stick together. 
I feel for his family and the community, but I feel like they're one sided, and maybe we are too. They're saying that Dc9 was bad for the community and that they had bad clientele? Come on man. It's obvious a tragedy and a shame and sad, but I feel like it's being looked at as a race thing. These 'punk' kids at a dive bar getting drunk and beating 1 poor ethiopian kid up, it's like they don't realize he was kicked out and drunk and threw possibly 2 bricks through a window of a closed bar. It's a shame really for everyone involved. I just wish the truth would come out. Still no results from the autopsy...
‼‼?‼‼

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2010, 07:38:07 pm »

*sigh*

I feel for his family and the community, but I feel like they're one sided, and maybe we are too. They're saying that Dc9 was bad for the community and that they had bad clientele? Come on man. It's obvious a tragedy and a shame and sad, but I feel like it's being looked at as a race thing. These 'punk' kids at a dive bar getting drunk and beating 1 poor ethiopian kid up, it's like they don't realize he was kicked out and drunk and threw possibly 2 bricks through a window of a closed bar. It's a shame really for everyone involved. I just wish the truth would come out. Still no results from the autopsy...

DC9 is not even as bad as their trying to potray which is the funny part. Yeah, just like any club, there's been some shit that's gone down these places. But for the most part, its been a real laid back and welcoming place as any other spot has been in DC.

Might not be race necessarily. More so a cultural issue. Tha community is tight nit with each other. They do deserve to know what happened to that kid. However, with what Lanier did in the media and the inconclusive evidence for this kid dying constantly being stated, its going to be tough. Rooting for blind justice is not the answer, IMO, and the police dept. hasn't said much except for the investigation will continue. On top of that, a witness has changed their story as to seeing them not murder the guy and he was up and moving.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2010, 07:38:37 pm »
You're speaking logic and someone dying like this involves emotions.

See, this is why I like you! You've got a good mind and lots of common sense. That's probably why you know how to deal with others here in a very light handed way who have given you crap in the past.

Thanx. Appreciate it.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2010, 09:28:33 am »

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2010, 10:54:00 am »
hearing next week on Weds. to re-open DC9 at ABRA on U Street. around 930 am.

walkonby

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:16 pm »

will you be providing tickets to win for dc-9 shows if they reopen . . . or will you steer cleer?

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2010, 02:50:45 pm »

will you be providing tickets to win for dc-9 shows if they reopen . . . or will you steer cleer?

no tickets from me, fam. i'll be there. RSVP'd early, son.

walkonby

« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2010, 03:21:10 pm »
that is very strange ardamus.  i thought you were blipvurt and that i was posting a responce to him and his    post . . . but there is no post from blipvurt in here and i responded to your post.  oh elizabeth, this is the big one, i'm coming to see you.

sorry

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2010, 03:45:45 pm »
Don't worry, Walkie. Just put down the pipe.  :D

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »
 :D actually that post was kinda funny though. walkie should do that more often.

ggw

« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »

hutch

« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2010, 04:21:27 pm »
DC9 request to re-open denied.

guess the free party with english beat was a bit premature!