Author Topic: i refuse  (Read 2108 times)

walkonby

i refuse
« on: June 06, 2005, 04:09:00 pm »
to see a band just because of their name, but at the black cat coming up, there is one called "sleepytime gorilla museum," and it just sounds so cute and cuddly, that i might.  any idead what kind of music they are, or who they closely resemble.

and i think it's funny that trey a. from the defunct phish, really loves the mars volta, and might consider joining them onstage when they play bonnaboob.

thirsty moore

Re: i refuse
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 04:11:00 pm »
I don't think Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is cute and cuddly.  They could be totally opposite that.  But hey, it's your money.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 04:13:00 pm »
he does like Widespread panic

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:

and i think it's funny that trey a. from the defunct phish, really loves the mars volta, and might consider joining them onstage when they play bonnaboob.
how nice. i used to really love Ministry, and once i decided to join them onstage when they played in Toronto.

Al gave me a high five, then some guy tackled me.

wonder if the same should happen to Trey?

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 04:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by econo:
  I don't think Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is cute and cuddly.  They could be totally opposite that.  But hey, it's your money.
but i think le tigre and aphex twin are cute and cuddly, so money wasted is usally money well spent.

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 04:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by walkonby:

how nice. i used to really love Ministry, and once i decided to join them onstage when they played in Toronto.

Al gave me a high five, then some guy tackled me.

wonder if the same should happen to Trey? [/b]
i think john frusciante and flea would beat the crap out of him if he tried, for trying to steal some spotlight.  maybe it would be like when that guy recently got on stage at the snoop show.

markie

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 04:22:00 pm »
I think this band might be more:  suitable.

Sir HC

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 04:29:00 pm »

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 04:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  http://www.sleepytimegorillamuseum.com/main.html
ok . . . . . . . i just went to their website and checked out some of their audio.  it looks like their name is the best thing about them.  oh well.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 05:03:00 pm »
Sleepytime Gorilla are ex-members of one of the most mindblowing live bands I've ever seen! That band was "Idiot Flesh" based in San Francisco.I've got video that was shot at a street festival years back in San Fran by a close friend. Very Residents like with a metal tinge. Great,giant,puppet heads and wild ass video.Not as into Gorilla Museum,but may make it to the Cat just to see what the band tries out.....