Author Topic: Mrs Beckham to steer David to London?  (Read 1329 times)

vansmack

Mrs Beckham to steer David to London?
« on: March 12, 2004, 01:54:00 pm »
BECKS-CHELSEA LINK RESURFACES

Mar. 12, 2004 3:20 a.m.

Rumors linking Chelsea with a summer bid for David Beckham intensified this week with the news that the Real Madrid midfielder is struggling to settle in Spain.

Newspaper reports on Friday claim the 28-year-old has not renewed his lease on the Spanish house he has been renting and will also not retain the services of his translator for next season.

Beckham has been staying in Spain alone while his wife Victoria and the couple's two sons Brooklyn and Romeo remained in England at the family's Hertfordshire mansion.

Brooklyn has also enrolled at a school in England and not an elite English speaking school in Spain where a place was understood to have been reserved for him.

All this has been taken as evidence that the midfielder, who made the switch from Manchester United to Madrid in a £25million deal last summer, will leave Spain at the end of the season.

Real boss Carlos Quieroz recently refused to state with any certainty whether the midfielder will still be at the Bernabeu next season, insisting he appreciated how difficult it is for one to settle in a foreign country.

Beckham's contract with the Spanish giants runs until 2007 and his first season has so far been largely successful.

However, a Real Madrid source is quoted as saying that the club would not stand in the England captain's way if he wanted to leave ahead of schedule.

"What Beckham has contributed in his time here is greatly appreciated," a senior source at Real told the Daily Mail.

"And while we do not want to lose him we would understand if he felt it was impossible for him to stay."

Beckham had an a troubled relationship with former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who disapproved of the player's lifestyle and regarded his wife Victoria a bad influence.

Mrs Beckham's friends are quoted as saying that a move to Real Madrid was nothing more a way of escaping from Old Trafford.

"She was desperate to get David away from Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United," and old friend of Victoria's quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.

"Real Madrid was fine. But it was only a stopgap in her mind. She'd like him to be at Chelsea by this summer."
27>34

mankie

Re: Mrs Beckham to steer David to London?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 02:02:00 pm »
There's a part of me would love to see Beck's at Chelsea, after he's won his Champions League medal with Real Madrid.

I have very little respect left for Fergie at this point if you haven't already figured that out.

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 02:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  There's a part of me would love to see Beck's at Chelsea, after he's won his Champions League medal with Real Madrid.

I have very little respect left for Fergie at this point if you haven't already figured that out.
If only they could make the deal this week to help them beat the Arseholes in the Champs League.  What an unlucky draw for England heh?
27>34

mankie

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 02:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by mankie:

If only they could make the deal this week to help them beat the Arseholes in the Champs League.  What an unlucky draw for England heh? [/b]
There will always be a question in my mind wether that was by design or not to avoid the possibility of an all England final....EUFA hates the English teams as you well know. Simple law of averages is on Chelseas side at this point, besides, neither one will get past Real Madrid, I just think and hope it's their year now United are gone.

Barcelona

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 02:38:00 pm »
No, no, no! Go Arsenal and Chelsea (it would be great to see Makelele beat Real Madrid) against Real Madrid!

Again, I don't think Beckham is that good. I've always preferred Giggs and Scholes.

mankie

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 02:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  No, no, no! Go Arsenal and Chelsea (it would be great to see Makelele beat Real Madrid) against Real Madrid!

Again, I don't think Beckham is that good. I've always preferred Giggs and Scholes.
Both are very different to Beckham...Beckham is missed by the simple fact he was feeding those perfect balls to Ruud, Scholesy and Giggs etc....our lack of fire power with the same players minus Beckham proves my point I think.

We really needed a fullback when we signed Saha, but Ferguson gets his heart set on a player and gets him wether we need him or not (Veron), it's like they're his personal collection for his mantle piece or something.

Real Madrid are after Henry and they need him like a hole in the head so they tend to be guilty of the same thing. Madrid need defenders if they want to actually improve the team rather than just collect celebrity names.