Author Topic: Maryland set to expand gay rights, same-sex marriage  (Read 10987 times)

James Ford

Re: Maryland set to expand gay rights, same-sex marriage
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 10:28:15 am »
I'm opposed to the killing of animals and think you should not be allowed to eat meat.

Please don't label me a hater.

I am going to post this at the extreme risk of being judged by my response.  The thing I don't like about this whole issue is that if one's beliefs are that gay marriage ought now be allowed, they are automatically assumed by many people to be anti-gay, gay haters, or whatever degree of that ideology is being thrust upon them.  (This is true of a lot of other issues as well BTW.)  I personally am opposed to gay marriage.  It, however, has nothing to do with being anti anything other than I am against gay marriage.  In whatever choices and decisions I make in life, the sexual orientation, preference, life style choice of others is of no concern.  Maybe I am in a small minority here, but it does suck that merely because of my believe on a particular issue I am easily labeled and judged by others.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 10:43:12 am »
I'm opposed to the killing of animals and think you should not be allowed to eat meat.

Please don't label me a hater.

I am going to post this at the extreme risk of being judged by my response.  The thing I don't like about this whole issue is that if one's beliefs are that gay marriage ought now be allowed, they are automatically assumed by many people to be anti-gay, gay haters, or whatever degree of that ideology is being thrust upon them.  (This is true of a lot of other issues as well BTW.)  I personally am opposed to gay marriage.  It, however, has nothing to do with being anti anything other than I am against gay marriage.  In whatever choices and decisions I make in life, the sexual orientation, preference, life style choice of others is of no concern.  Maybe I am in a small minority here, but it does suck that merely because of my believe on a particular issue I am easily labeled and judged by others.

The problem we have to deal with is reverse prejudice and wildly false accusations from these so called 'minority groups'

For example Walkonby thinks I'm an ass. That's fine, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. If I was to say I think walkonby is a fucking moron the next comment is directed towards me is "HOMOPHOBE" when nothing is further from the truth. It used to piss me off but now I just don't care. If walkonby is a fucking moron, he's a fucking moron right?

For the record, I don't care wether a transexual marries a mule or not. What I really care about is that the mule and transexual have just the same survivor rights and spousal benefits as the rest of us. Another thing, if religions don't want to accept or acknowledge non-traditional marriages then that should be their right to do so without any recourse from society or government.

Live and let live - and treat everyone equally. (except scousers)

Just wondering....if there's two penises in a marriage and it ends up in divorce, which penis gets the royal shaft and has to give all his money to the other penis for the rest of his fucking life?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 10:49:18 am »
you lost me. is mule some sort of slang or do you mean an actual animal?
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:11 am »
you lost me. is mule some sort of slang or do you mean an actual animal?

I was being facetious that the traditional marriage of a man and a woman will soon be just a memory, because a precedent is being set (not that I personally care Walkonby so put your homophobe card away) so once it's lawful for same sex marriage the next thing that will happen is people will want to marry their pets, or in some cases mules, should they take a shine to them. The mule/transexual just muddy's the waters because some consider a mule neither male or female as both are infertile, and a transexual is well, just that.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:16 am »
it is a little hateful to draw a parallel between a relationship between two concenting adults and people fucking their pets. just sayin
o/\o

Vas Deferens

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 11:07:17 am »
frank,

why would people wanna marry their pets?  that's disgusting...unless that's what you're really trying to tell us when two people of the same sex get married...?
(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 11:09:49 am »
Next thing you know, straights are going to want the right to have butt sex.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 11:12:15 am »
Not hateful at all......I don't understand why you would think that.

I've made it quite clear many times. I hate nobody but scousers. And John Terry. But that's it...well you could include Keith Olbermann but nobody watches him anyway so not an issue. But that's definately it. Perhaps Chris Mathews but nobody else. Done! Not even Tevez who will go whore himself to Spain just as soon as the kisses on his Man City badge have dried.  ::)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 11:13:47 am »
Next thing you know, straights are going to want the right to have butt sex.

Not in Maryland, unless they changed the law.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:29 am »
Oh yeah.....That hate monger Bill Maher but that's definately it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 11:24:10 am »
I was being facetious that the traditional marriage of a man and a woman will soon be just a memory, because a precedent is being set (not that I personally care Walkonby so put your homophobe card away) so once it's lawful for same sex marriage the next thing that will happen is people will want to marry their pets, or in some cases mules, should they take a shine to them.

what we have here, folks, is a fine piece of conservative bullshit.

"i don't support the assault weapon ban, because next thing you know they'll be breaking down my door to take away my steak knives and sewing scissors".

"i don't support the right of blacks to vote, because next thing you know we'll be giving the vote to cats and dogs".

"i'm against health care reform, because it'll lead to forced drug prescriptions and death panels."

it's a common right-wing tactic: portray a change that is scary to them as a nonsensical slippery slope.  it makes sense to them, but only because they put their beliefs before logic or intellectual honesty.  bringing in animals is pure FUD
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 11:26:25 am »
I refuse to believe that that comment was no more than a joke. Maybe a bit of satire.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:30:00 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 11:36:30 am »
i believe, that unless you are gay . . . your words/ideas/jokes means nothing to this conversation.  so go take your political based, religion based, heterosexual based opinion and fuck yourself.  we, as gay people, don't give a mule's ass what you think or need you to tell us how to live our lives.  again, unless you are gay, "shut up.  you've fucked up marriage for the past 1000 years . . . we don't need your help in what the definition is."

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 11:43:32 am »
I refuse to believe that that comment was no more than a joke. Maybe a bit of satire.

Thank you! My god some people have a stick up their arse...(oops! There I go again!!!)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 11:48:11 am »
i believe, that unless you are gay . . . your words/ideas/jokes means nothing to this conversation.  so go take your political based, religion based, heterosexual based opinion and fuck yourself.  we, as gay people, don't give a mule's ass what you think or need you to tell us how to live our lives.  again, unless you are gay, "shut up.  you've fucked up marriage for the past 1000 years . . . we don't need your help in what the definition is."

Hee hee - He almost said it's a gay thing, I wouldn't understand!

And if you want to be 'accepted by the mainstream' give up with the fucking rainbow stickers already. I don't give a monkeys who you sleep next to at night. Oh, and your gay pride nonesense? All you're doing is making a statement that you're different while demanding you are just the same. Just what do you want exactly?