Author Topic: Rude Lissie Fans  (Read 5713 times)

DavidWG

Rude Lissie Fans
« on: January 31, 2011, 08:37:35 am »
So I went to the Dylan LeBlanc concert last night. Who the hell is Lissie by the way? Lissie's fans talked all the way through Dylan's set as if he wasn't there. They couldn't shut their mouths for one second and give a man singing his heart out in front of them a little respect. Dylan LeBlanc is one of the most gifted singer-songwriters to come along in decades. He's beloved in other countries. It's a shame he's not treated the same way in his own country.  Lissie's fans are obviously self-centered, rude, obnoxious and wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the face. 

Dylan if you are reading this, you were superb last night. I left the show after your set. Keep making great music.

Also it would have been nice if 9:30 Club announced Dylan before he came on. That might have helped.  They also rudely started breaking down his set before Dylan had the chance to walk off the stage. I think he was going to do an encore but decided otherwise when the house lights came on and people started walking onto the stage. I doubt I'll come back to this place.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:15:57 am by DavidWG »

azaghal1981

Re: Rude Lissie Fans
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:47:36 am »
In a larger club such as this one or the Black Cat, people are going to talk through the openers. I can name countless instances of this getting to me but it's a fact of life. The only thing you can do is to try to make the best of it.
احمد

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:46:15 am »
Signed, Dylan's Mom.

So I went to the Dylan LeBlanc concert last night. Who the hell is Lissie by the way? Lissie's fans talked all the way through Dylan's set as if he wasn't there. They couldn't shut their mouths for one second and give a man singing his heart out in front of them a little respect. Dylan LeBlanc is one of the most gifted singer-songwriters to come along in decades. He's beloved in other countries. It's a shame he's not treated the same way in his own country.  Lissie's fans are obviously self-centered, rude, obnoxious and wouldn't know talent if it hit them in the face. 

Dylan if you are reading this, you were superb last night. I left the show after your set. Keep making great music.

Also it would have been nice if 9:30 Club announced Dylan before he came on. That might have helped.  They also rudely started breaking down his set before Dylan had the chance to walk off the stage. I think he was going to do an encore but decided otherwise when the house lights came on and people started walking onto the stage. I doubt I'll come back to this place.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:57:41 am »
opening acts very rarely ever get or take encores and it's not unique to the 930 club either....
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 10:04:09 am »
who the hell is Dylan LeBlanc?  FYI, it's not his concert...he is an opener!
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 10:12:00 am »
So I went to the Dylan LeBlanc concert last night. Who the hell is Lissie by the way?

let's be clear: this wasn't a dylan leblanc concert.  who the hell is lissie?  the headliner, and the person your dylan agreed to open for.  the majority of people go to the show to see the main act.  unfortuantely, one cannot expect openers to get start treatment.  and as kosmo pointed out openers don't get encores.

one cannot blame the club for the behavior of it's patrons.  what did you expect the 930 to do?  send out a manager and shush the crowd?  have security throw out every person who wasn't absolutely silent?  so, you're statement "I doubt I'll come back to this place" comes across like a spoiled child.  
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:28:20 am »

;D

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 11:20:40 am »
Which boardie regular signed up with a new screen name and started this thread hoping to give us some Monday morning entertainment.

Nice job! I wish I had thought of that.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:36:09 am »
I swear the announcement/encore stuff was not there when I first read this thread. That is pure hilarity.

احمد

DavidWG

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 12:51:03 pm »

one cannot blame the club for the behavior of it's patrons.  what did you expect the 930 to do?  send out a manager and shush the crowd?  have security throw out every person who wasn't absolutely silent?  so, you're statement "I doubt I'll come back to this place" comes across like a spoiled child.  
[/quote]

Uh, where in my message did I say the management should have done something about the crowd noise? You have the attention span of a Lissie fan. Is it too much for Lissie fans to act like adults and allow a far more talented musician to perform his set?

If you find nothing wrong with the way the crowd treated Dylan, you're a waste of air.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 01:19:05 pm »
Uh, where in my message did I say the management should have done something about the crowd noise?

i'm assuming, possibly wrongly, that you're intelligent enough to realize that all sorts of acts play the 930 thus attracting all sorts of crowds.  saying you won't go back to venue because of one crowd is placing the blame on the wrong party.  would have been more logical for you to say that you won't be going to lissie shows anymore. 

Is it too much for Lissie fans to act like adults and allow a far more talented musician to perform his set?

no, that's quite a reasonable ask, but it'll fall on deaf ears.  lissie fans aren't the only ones who talk through openers.  sorry that they ruined your evening of fanboydom.

If you find nothing wrong with the way the crowd treated Dylan, you're a waste of air. 

if you had an attention span better than that of a Dylan LeBlanc fan, you would have noticed that i characterized the crowd's behavior as unfortunate.  for those with a basic command of the english language, that's a negative judgement. 

does your mom know you're on the computer, alone, again?
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 01:26:37 pm »
I guess people don't care for a nobody?   

(_|_)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 01:29:40 pm »
ummm he was just up here in nyc this weekend and all i know is the mercury lounge had a huge line to get into the show. there were other bands on the line-up, but just because he's yet to cross your radar - doesnt mean hes a nobody.

oh wait.....

HeyLa

Shadrach

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 01:30:23 pm »

Sorry for your unfortunate experience, but the harsh reality is that this is generally the type of treatment opening acts often get and why most artists strive for headliner status. Additionally opening acts have a limited length of time allotted for their set and rarely if ever do an encore. In fact that would be rather rude and might be considered upstaging the main act. Also acts are almost never introduced or announced before coming on stage, that goes for headliners as well. Sometimes the lights will dim or some intro music will play, but again this is generally reserved for the main act. The opening acts job is mostly to warm up the room and the crowd, but unfortunately this is often the time in which people are filing in, getting drinks and catching up with friends. I can see where this might be frustrating for a hardcore fan of a support act, but it's pretty standard. I think perhaps you had unrealistic expectations coming in. That being said, ruling out 9:30 based on this experience means you'll be missing out on a ton of really great live music.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 01:33:27 pm »
ummm, lemme guess...he played a headlining set at mercury lounge?  of course he's somebody when it's his own show.

ummm he was just up here in nyc this weekend and all i know is the mercury lounge had a huge line to get into the show. there were other bands on the line-up, but just because he's yet to cross your radar - doesnt mean hes a nobody.

oh wait.....

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:37:04 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)