Author Topic: Time to shit our pants again...  (Read 3754 times)

nkotb

Time to shit our pants again...
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:09:55 am »
Radiohead have just announced their eighth full-length record, The King of Limbs. Billed as the world's first "Newspaper Album," an extravagantly packaged version of the record will be issued on May 9; however, the music itself will effectively be issued on Saturday, February 19 when digital downloads become available to those who made pre-orders.

http://pitchfork.com/news/41561-radiohead-to-release-new-album-this-saturday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+PitchforkLatestNews+(Pitchfork:+Latest+News)

ggw

Re: Time to shit our pants again...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:59:16 am »
One day, very soon, we will look back on these idiots with as much embarassment as we do, say a "Creed" or a "Limp Bizkit."  They're Arrested Development with better undergraduate degrees.

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:14:57 pm »
Since the Radiohead love thread seems to be longer than the Radiohead hate thread, I'll help this one catch up.

Don't you hate it when you enter a public toilet and some douchebag has purposely left his massive turd unflushed? That happened to me today.

But I guess things could have been worse. THe sound system could have been playing the new Radiohead.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:20:00 pm »
james, how do you know it was on purpose?  maybe the person was absent-minded, or in a hurry (i.e. didn't have malicious intent towards you), etc.

i think it's awesome that people pass judgment on an album without having heard it yet... i don't need to hear it...  maybe the band has gone alt country? ;D
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:26:45 pm »
james, how do you know it was on purpose?  maybe the person was absent-minded, or in a hurry (i.e. didn't have malicious intent towards you), etc.

It was Sweetcell!!! He was proud of his creation and wanted to show it off.  ;)

Seriously though, how do you go through eliminating something like that and forget to flush? Most people would be rushing the flush it being in a public restroom. Of course, it is possible that the toilet was backed up or the handle broken.

I'm just hoping that it was accompanied by an appropriate amount of toilet paper.

wml7

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 03:29:33 pm »
Since the Radiohead love thread seems to be longer than the Radiohead hate thread, I'll help this one catch up.

Don't you hate it when you enter a public toilet and some douchebag has purposely left his massive turd unflushed? That happened to me today.

But I guess things could have been worse. THe sound system could have been playing the new Radiohead.

So did you flush it or go on to the next stahl??  Now if you flushed, you did the persons job for them  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 03:31:40 pm »
Janitorial jobs are tough jobs.

(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 03:41:11 pm »
Exactly, Jag. You don't forget to flush something like that.

Some men are sick fucks. Like the man who pisses all over the floor every day at my work. There's no way he's missing the urinal that badly every day.

Sometimes I'll encounter a dump that is so monstrous you can tell it won't flush.

And for the record, I don't usually flush someone elses dump but today i did. In honor of Radiohead.

Seriously though, how do you go through eliminating something like that and forget to flush? Most people would be rushing the flush it being in a public restroom. Of course, it is possible that the toilet was backed up or the handle broken.

I'm just hoping that it was accompanied by an appropriate amount of toilet paper.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 03:44:25 pm »
James, try using the men's room at the Greyhound bus station on 1st Street NE.

Last time I tried to....there it was...on the FLOOR.
(_|_)

wml7

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 03:47:23 pm »
Exactly, Jag. You don't forget to flush something like that.

Some men are sick fucks. Like the man who pisses all over the floor every day at my work. There's no way he's missing the urinal that badly every day.

Sometimes I'll encounter a dump that is so monstrous you can tell it won't flush.

And for the record, I don't usually flush someone elses dump but today i did. In honor of Radiohead.

You need to put this in your bathroom at work  ;D

Or this one  ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:49:51 pm by wml7 »

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 03:49:06 pm »

"The biggest criticism that the music press have against Oasis is that we're not Radiohead.  Correct me if I'm wrong, they've been making the same record since 'Kid A', have they not?" - Noel Gallagher

There's another  great quote from Noel Gallagher right after "Kid A" was released about songs with verses and choruses but I can't find it.

I don't HATE Radiohead but I just don't respect anyone who says their later stuff is better than "The Bends" or "OK Computer."

There is no shame in writing great songs.

There are quite a few bands out there who could have made "Kid A."

There are very few bands who could have written the 12 songs on "The Bends."

Brian

Relaxer

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 03:52:42 pm »
That's a good quote because there's no one who understands the phenomena of making the same album again and again and again and again and again like Noel Gallagher.
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »
As early as July 1997, Noel was "talking down" Be Here Now in the music press, describing the production as "bland", and remarking that some of the tracks were "fucking shit".

I AGREE.
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 12:59:39 pm »
That's a good quote because there's no one who understands the phenomena of making the same album again and again and again and again and again like Noel Gallagher.

This.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 01:29:48 pm »
There are quite a few bands out there who could have made "Kid A."

this statement makes me question your knowledge of music.
<sig>