Author Topic: Royksopp  (Read 6858 times)

sven

Re: Royksopp
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 02:18:38 pm »
Well i love their music and i'm glad to hear that they're good live...believe it or not i like "Senior" a lot...I'm sure it's going to be a great show, would have been a monster if they had the knife or fever ray with them

can you imagine a club show tour that was royksopp opening, then fever ray, headlined by the knife?  omg, i wet myself.

;D
i think they had something like that a few years back, well not exactly the same but fever ray opened for röyksopp in london if i recall correctly.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 06:37:39 pm »
yep and fever ray outshined them (not surprising)

http://www.musicomh.com/music/gigs/royksopp-2_0409.htm
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 07:02:32 pm »
sorry, i was conflating two things:

(1) objective:  they get a lot of hype from pitchfork, they are consistently in their list of top albums and tracks and get good reviews from them

(2) subjective:  i think their first album is fantastic, not a big fan of their subsequent albums

that's all, sorry

I'm just confused about Hoya's response to my post solely because, to me, it's an apples and oranges debate. (I'll take the oranges because I like them so much bettter.  :D )

My comment was only about the band maybe not getting enough hype here from the major players. (Don't really know only because I never read either unless I follow a link in.)

Then Hoya comes along and disagrees about their older music compared to their later releases. Huh? How did that fit in other than maybe as a totally independent and possibly valid argument on its own right. Not really agreeing or disagreeing with that but I totally fail to see how it relates to the hype debate unless there was some sort of commentary maybe on the lack of hype by these sites. I'm lost.
(o|o)

sven

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 07:03:54 pm »
yep and fever ray outshined them (not surprising)

http://www.musicomh.com/music/gigs/royksopp-2_0409.htm

i like karin dreijer but some of her stuff is just too much for me, like her latest work with the knife and some other musicians; Tomorrow, In a Year.
i am a huge röyksopp fan but i think there is no reason to compare two outstanding music acts, they are both great.   ;)

and dear HoyaSaxa03, a few weeks back i read on their website that during the recording process of their debut, they recorded another album with the tracks that they couldn't find space for in melody a.m. it was extremely limited and was only given to close friends, one track from that lp was released as the track of the month. i think you should check it out, you might find it quite intriguing.
http://royksopp.com/track-of-the-month-january-2011
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:42:45 am by sven »

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 07:19:48 pm »
@Hoya - Okay, that makes so much more sense.

Honestly, I figured that you were either dead tired when you wrote that or maybe even had been drinking a bit too much... or both.

Then again, I was dead tired when I originally read it last night and thought that maybe it was just me... so I went to bed.

Jaguar

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »
Just saw a low ticket warning posted for this show.

If you are interested, don't sit on it.

Here's the complete list for other shows you might be thinking of:

Good Charlotte 3/4
The Pogues 3/9
Lucinda Williams 3/15
Royksopp 3/23
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:57:32 pm by Jaguar »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 02:59:39 pm »
Just saw a low ticket warning posted for this show.

low ticket warnings?  interesting, never heard of TF giving those... how/where did you get it?
<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 03:02:28 pm »
9:30 Club FB

Vas Deferens

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 05:57:17 pm »
and @930club tweeted it.
(_|_)

betao

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 08:31:08 pm »
Just got my ticket for Royksopp. Yay!

sven

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 01:15:35 pm »
saw the low ticket warning on last.fm and just bought my ticket. see you all there!!

edit: and now it's sold out!! i think i bought my ticket just in time!!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:53:28 pm by sven »

Giles

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 07:13:50 pm »
what an insanely fun show! I knew that the songs 'live' sound alot punchier than on the albums, but they took the songs to a much techno sounding pulsating level and energy - the only hiccup in my opinion was 'Sparks' - on the live album, it's a stomper and definate highlight.     

sven

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 07:16:13 pm »
amazing show!! loved the kings of leon remix btw.

Staralfur25

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 02:29:52 am »
agreed. t hat was so much fun. 
i love the daft punk looking guy on guitar.
and for some reason i've been obsessed with 'sparks' the last couple
days so it was  great to hear.
and i'm in love with a robot...nobody can sing that song like robyn.   ;)
i can't believe that was the first time they have been to d.c.
that explains why it took me so long to see them live.
poor leno is my fav.  ;D

Giles

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 04:10:02 pm »
yes it is quite sad that this happened to be the first DC show, but of the few times they have trekked to the States - it's only been to two cities... can you guess... New York and Los Angeles - wow, what a surprise (and it always happened around the Thanksgiving holiday - not the most ideal time to be in the States - unless you live in NYC and LA)