Author Topic: Ticketfly improvements since 2010?  (Read 44028 times)

Darth Ed

Re: Ticketfly improvements since 2010?
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2011, 01:50:25 pm »
I'm kind of confused at the relationship between Ticketfly and ticketingcentral.com. For example, for today's Mumford & Sons pre-sale, I was initially taken to a Ticketfly.com web page, but then I ended up on ticketingcentral.com. I think Ticketfly does this for all Merriweather shows? I think that explains why Hutch's Cars tickets doesn't show up in his Ticketfly.com account. Well, as I was checking out, I kept trying to enter my Ticketfly.com username and password and it wasn't being accepted. Fortunately, after the third or fourth time, I realized my error and looked up my ticketingcentral.com password and was able to purchase my ticket.

Ticketingcentral.com's web interface is just really odd too. You have to click on way too many buttons to just check to see if any tickets are available. And does anyone else see "NaN:NaN:NaN" for the time remaining to checkout? That always freaks me out.

hutch

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2011, 01:55:45 pm »
i saw the symbol for pie in the captcha on ticketfly! WTf?

wml7

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2011, 02:02:03 pm »
i saw the symbol for pie in the captcha on ticketfly! WTf?

haha, I had sanskrit for mine  ;D

hutch

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2011, 02:06:48 pm »
basically my orders won't show up in my ticketfly account under "my orders"... I talked to ticketfly and they didn't have a clue... maybe i have duplicate accounts under the same email address... thats all that comes to my mind..

hemisphire

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2011, 02:10:57 pm »
My Cars order shows up in my account...

hutch

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2011, 02:13:01 pm »
My Cars order shows up in my account...

Its not just the cars order that isn't showing up.. its very odd...

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2011, 10:23:43 am »
Please stop sending me to your home page every time I delete something from my cart.  Please put the "Quantity" and "Price Level" buttons on the same page.   Your site works fine for GA shows, but when it comes to trying to choose seats for reserved seat shows, it's really a PITA.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2011, 01:20:31 pm »
Please stop sending me to your home page every time I delete something from my cart.  Please put the "Quantity" and "Price Level" buttons on the same page.   Your site works fine for GA shows, but when it comes to trying to choose seats for reserved seat shows, it's really a PITA.

THIS.

the navigation flow during purchasing is really awkward.  if you cancel an order, you should be taken back to the show's page to request new tickets.  being taken to the front page just creates extra clicks.  and there aren't any good reasons why we can't choose between best available and selected sections on the first ordering page.

it appears as if navigation was designed with technical considerations in mind ("this make a call to a different database, so it's easier to put it on another page", "we've designed our sessions so they can only manage one order, once tickets are cancelled you need to start over").  wrong emphasis.
<sig>

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2011, 04:04:25 pm »
Hey All-

Sorry for being late to the party on this one. I've sure missed you guys! Things are busy at Ticketfly HQ.

Sooo...since I've last been here, we've rolled out customer accounts on Ticketfly that now effect the 9:30 Club.

I'm sure you've all noticed that the interface for 9:30 Club and MPP are different, and that's because they are being sold on different platforms. MPP requires a separate login for purchases on that platform. Anything non-MPP will show up in your Ticketfly account (9:30 Club, 6th & I, U Street, Lisner, etc.) and past purchases.

I would strongly suggest using the same login credentials for both systems. There's no reason not to, and it will make your purchasing during a busy on sale a bit easier.

We are paying attention to your feedback on the purchase flow and sending it along.

Thanks!

-Amy

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2011, 10:16:23 pm »

I'm sure you've all noticed that the interface for 9:30 Club and MPP are different, and that's because they are being sold on different platforms. MPP requires a separate login for purchases on that platform. Anything non-MPP will show up in your Ticketfly account (9:30 Club, 6th & I, U Street, Lisner, etc.) and past purchases.

I would strongly suggest using the same login credentials for both systems. There's no reason not to, and it will make your purchasing during a busy on sale a bit easier.

Requiring 2 separate user accounts is ridiculous.  Your site actually seems to be getting more difficult to use, rather than easier.

eltee

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 11:32:40 am »
If you use the same credentials and want to review your account / ticket receipts, etc. how will it know which venue/account you actually want? I understand if you go to a particular venue's show listings and purchase from there, but if you log on to review your shows, or re-print a receipt, etc. it won't know which venue account you want if you use the same credentials. Will it? (Even banks now let you view different accounts in the same window.)
My only complaint as of late is when I didn't receive a receipt in email, I logged on, it wasn't in my account, I called the TF number (hard to find by the way), it rang and rang and rang (not so good if you're wanting to buy tickets) then finally disconnected. I called back twice, and selected customer service and it rang and rang, same deal. So I called back, spoke to an agent after waiting five min., (again not so good if you use the phone to buy tickets) and they said "oh that dept. just got into the office, they are available to talk now." (the agent couldn't look anything up based upon my name, show, venue, etc.) So, I asked to be transferred to cust. service & they said there were unable to transfer, I'd have to call back. Not impressed.
Recently, I found Ticket Alternative to be all right w/ prices and transaction.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:31:48 pm by Nomeimporta »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2011, 06:42:59 pm »
werd to the wise: ticketfly works best, and at times only, with Internet Explorer.  If Firefox (and possibly Chrome & Safari) are giving you problems when buying tickets, switch to IE. 

personally i think this is a crock of sh*t.  i like many things about TF, but the backend/coding/tech aspects of the website leave much to be desired.  telling me to use another browser, when i'm already using one of the two most popular browsers available, is mildly insulting.  it's punting the problem to the customer when the source of the problem is your website.  having problems with FF is an indictment of your coding and/or testing skillz.

TO: Tech Support

Hello, Tech Support,

I'm having an issue when shopping for tickets using Firefox (using version
5.0). when i go from the ticketfly.com event description page to the
ticketingcentral.com ordering page, I get the message "This web session has
expired. Please close this browser window and start over." No matter what I
do - reload the TF.com page, close the browser, etc - I get the same error.
i have to use another browser if i want to buy tickets. this appears to
affect only certain links - it's happened to me twice out of maybe 10
purchases/inquiries, over the past month.

what causes this? what can be done about it?
TO: sweetcell

Our website is more compatable with Internet Explorer. You may try your purchase from that internet browser, or contact Ticketfly directly for assistance at (877) 435-9849.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Nicole
Client Services
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2011, 09:24:57 pm »
i use both.  i like both.  you gotta like both.  you gotta use both.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2011, 10:37:16 am »
werd to the wise: ticketfly works best, and at times only, with Internet Explorer.  If Firefox (and possibly Chrome & Safari) are giving you problems when buying tickets, switch to IE. 

personally i think this is a crock of sh*t.  i like many things about TF, but the backend/coding/tech aspects of the website leave much to be desired.  telling me to use another browser, when i'm already using one of the two most popular browsers available, is mildly insulting.  it's punting the problem to the customer when the source of the problem is your website.  having problems with FF is an indictment of your coding and/or testing skillz.

TO: Tech Support

Hello, Tech Support,

I'm having an issue when shopping for tickets using Firefox (using version
5.0). when i go from the ticketfly.com event description page to the
ticketingcentral.com ordering page, I get the message "This web session has
expired. Please close this browser window and start over." No matter what I
do - reload the TF.com page, close the browser, etc - I get the same error.
i have to use another browser if i want to buy tickets. this appears to
affect only certain links - it's happened to me twice out of maybe 10
purchases/inquiries, over the past month.

what causes this? what can be done about it?
TO: sweetcell

Our website is more compatable with Internet Explorer. You may try your purchase from that internet browser, or contact Ticketfly directly for assistance at (877) 435-9849.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Nicole
Client Services

God, I wish I had read this yesterday.  :P

Everything you said is completely right.  Them being all, "Hey, just use Internet Explorer, loser" is so lame.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2011, 11:02:58 am »
God, I wish I had read this yesterday.  :P

i post a lot of crap.  it's hard to filter the signal from the noise ;)
<sig>