Author Topic: weedeater review  (Read 2698 times)

Unsanity

Re: weedeater review
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 07:13:16 pm »
I remember that show because I REALLY wanted to go, those bands represented the future of heavy rock at the time. I miss the warehouse next door.  I never got to see Tarantula A.D. before they morphed in Priestbird. I don't even know about this Donna Summer band I cannot recall them, only the disco chick. I did end up going to The Sword / Torche Black Cat show and was basically blown away (literally...it was very loud) Probably only 30 people in attendance. Yeah, Black Cat was just starting to get the good heavy stuff around then. Like that legendary Pentagram show, I thought Bobby died!

Captain Jack

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 01:49:13 am »
I caught Weedeater in Richmond last Monday, capping off a tight three day weekend of shows (Chain & the Gang/Kid Congo Powers at Comet, William Hooker house show, Weedeater rager in Richmond after afternoon grilling)

Weedeater were in great form, loud as fuck, packed Strange Matter (old Twisters/Nanci Raygun), over 200 people.  Played my favorite Weedeater jam/best stone rmetal bassline, "Monkey Junction", receiving extra cheers/singalongs for the line up about "Maybe I'll just head back to West Virginia". New songs sounded good, they banged 'em out first. Like everyone else's accolades, "Gimme Back My Bullets" was killer and sticky catchy in my stonedskull the rest of the night. Like all other times I've seen Weedeater, whatever measurement of how wasted they get while playing is sheerly inspiring, althoughI didn't see Dixie crushing any cough syrup or vomitting. With this tour Dixie is playing 100 shows straight til May starting from the Buzzoven/Cough US Tour, Weedeater US tour, Buzzoven Europe tour ending at Roadburn and then Weedeater Europe tour starting at Roadburn. Holy shit.

Great line from Dixie about playing Richmond "Goddamn R.V.A, I'd rather get papercut on the head of my penis than play anywhere else"

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 02:54:19 am »
That William Hooker set was unreal. Very nice dude, too. Answered the door and introduced himself to quite a few people who came.

احمد