Author Topic: I totally called this one...Bethesda murder  (Read 18975 times)

vansmack

Re: I totally called this one...Bethesda murder
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2011, 03:05:13 pm »
Walkie is a judger and a hater.. he can't help himself.

He's talking about GGW, not walkie.

Take you fight to the other thread that rest of us are ignoring because you're both annoying as all hell.
27>34

ggw

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 03:11:12 pm »
Apple store employees heard victim pleading for her life.
That's not what the article says. The article says they heard a "commotion". Not the same thing at all. Let's try to reserve judgment without knowing exactly what they heard.

"A worker at the next-door Apple store reported hearing two women loudly arguing and Murray crying out: "Oh God, please help me," "

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2608121

ggw

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2011, 03:12:41 pm »
"Next door at the Apple Store, a few employees heard noises shortly after 10:05 p.m. ? when the two women re-entered the store ? loud enough to cause them to bang on the wall. One employee heard someone say, "Oh God, please help me." "

http://bethesda.patch.com/articles/defense-norwood-lost-it

hutch

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 04:37:20 pm »
anybody that would hear something like that and do nothing is lower than pond scum.. really very sad to read..

devastating actually.

brennser

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 05:39:05 pm »
Apple Store employee Jana Svrzo said that on the night of March 11 she heard what sounded like ?hitting? or furniture being moved at the yoga store next door.

Then, Svrzo said, she heard ?high-pitched squealing.? Then ?screaming and yelling.? There were more noises and more screaming.

Svrzo heard one voice through the shared wall between the stores: ?Talk to me. Don?t do this. Talk to me. What?s going on??

Later a voice say, ?God help me. Please help me.?

Svrzo testified on the third day of the murder trial of Brittany Norwood, who is accused of beating and stabbing co-worker Jayna Murray that night in the Lululemon Athletica yoga store and staging elaborate cover-up.

At one point that night, Svrzo testified, she asked another store manager to listen to the noises. Jurors were shown video of the two standing close to the wall. Eventually things quieted and they went back to work.

At one point defense attorney Douglas Wood asked Svrzo if she would have called police if she had heard anyone yell for help. ?It?s hard to say what I would have done,? Svrzo testified.

Svrzo declined to comment after the hearing.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 05:47:50 pm »
How do you live with yourself if you can claim to have heard all of that.....and done nothing?

eltee

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 10:06:24 pm »
Sickening.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:44:36 pm by Nomeimporta »

stevewizzle

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2011, 01:21:05 pm »

saw this at the newseum, not the same but hits pretty hard to hear stories like this.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2011, 07:46:42 pm »
killing one self over taking a picture . . . i don't know what to say to that.  is that actually plausible, or just incredibly sad and pathetic.  i'm not sure.  human death happens horribly every day, every second.  he just opened his eyes to it?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:49:05 pm by walkonby »

eltee

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 10:58:44 am »
Later a voice say, ?God help me. Please help me.?

At one point that night, Svrzo testified, she asked another store manager to listen to the noises. Jurors were shown video of the two standing close to the wall. Eventually things quieted and they went back to work.

At one point defense attorney Douglas Wood asked Svrzo if she would have called police if she had heard anyone yell for help. ?It?s hard to say what I would have done,? Svrzo testified.
I don't understand this question...she claims one voice said to "help me". Are they implying it was not the victim's voice? Or the voice was unclear or the intent? (my usual disclaimer: not narky, truly asking)

eltee

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 11:00:16 am »
killing one self over taking a picture . . . i don't know what to say to that.  is that actually plausible, or just incredibly sad and pathetic.  i'm not sure.  human death happens horribly every day, every second.  he just opened his eyes to it?
because he left the kid, a human. it wouldn't have disrupted the animal kingdom if he had just helped him along.

slappy

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2011, 12:07:59 pm »
Why is it not as bad?

Agreed.  When I think about where I want to be as a society, I usually think China....

I guess y'all are right. A video of the toddler being run over twice and seeing over a dozen people walk by without doing anything isn't as bad as hearing stuff between a wall that clearly leaves room for interpretation, even though this whole site is an example of how differently people hear things.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/17/china-toddler-run-over-by-van_n_1016187.html

I wake up everyday waiting for the day I can ignore people drowning or dying from getting run over. Let the tourist deal with that shit.
http://shanghaiist.com/2011/10/20/again_caucasian_woman_helps_man_lyi.php

And picking the caged koala I'm going to eat is gonna be so much fun.
http://shanghaiist.com/2011/10/31/on_the_menu_in_guangzhou_braised_ko.php

'Crazy bad' air quality seemed like so much fun in the past, we really should bring it back.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-china-air-quality-20111030,0,4899208.story

Why haven't we sent our Buddhist monks to 'patriotic education' camps to learn communism?
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-china-tibet-20111023,0,840542.story

James Ford

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2011, 12:27:38 pm »
I don't know about all that. My interpretation of your post was that the unnecessary death of a toddler was somehow worse than the unnecessary  death of of a twentysomething. My comment was meant to convey that they are both pretty terrible. Both were somebody's baby.

slappy

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2011, 03:38:25 pm »
I don't know about all that. My interpretation of your post was that the unnecessary death of a toddler was somehow worse than the unnecessary  death of of a twentysomething. My comment was meant to convey that they are both pretty terrible. Both were somebody's baby.

That makes sense. My use of 'not as bad' was based on the witness of violence heard vs. violence seen and the room for interpretation in the former.
The unnecessary loss of life is horrible, not matter how.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »
I think the idea that there was "room for interpretation" in the Jana Svrzo case is bullshit.   Maybe there could be "interpretation" as to whether someone was being murdered or merely beat up badly, but the description of what she heard leaves no doubt that some kind of violence was taking place.      To not call the cops is unconscionable.   The attack lasted 16 minutes which wouldve been enough time for a police response   She bears some responsibility in this death.   
_\|/_