Author Topic: Bar lights = distracting  (Read 4071 times)

walkonby

Re: Bar lights = distracting
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 06:58:11 pm »
you know . . . i was going to post an adorable picture of kitten bartenders.  but then i thought that this mankie character would appreciate something a bit more, spicy.

lagas

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 07:00:42 pm »
BTW, that Royksopp concert was great...

nice pic, walkie  ;D
zorra

eltee

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »
Interesting that I've never really noticed the lights distracting since I'm pretty light sensitive. Only ones I've notices are the ones against the walls if a show is crowded and you end up getting stuck under one. (stairwell, VIP other areas I can't think of right now). Hm, now that I think about it, if a show is light heavy on stage sometimes those lights or the track lights are the ones I find a bit distracting (or from soundboard of course they have to see;)) so I just try and shift elsewhere so I'm not directly under a light or staring right into it. The kitchen / bars on that side downstairs I found to be shielded a bit by the wall. Nice of you to look into to though. :)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 10:28:08 am »
I've been to two shows at the club since this thread started.  And yes, these lights are too effing bright.  They never bugged me before, but now they do. 

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 11:19:44 am »
Probably could just install dimmer switches to lower the lighting down a bit while the performers are on. :)
3MTA3

Sir HC

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 09:47:16 pm »
Most everything is on dimmers from what I remember. 

Darth Ed

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 11:16:24 pm »
I've never had a problem with the lights in the bar areas downstairs, but the lights from the rest rooms upstairs are definitely distracting to me. It's very noticeable every time someone opens the door to the rest room.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 11:45:34 am »
I've never had a problem with the lights in the bar areas downstairs, but the lights from the rest rooms upstairs are definitely distracting to me. It's very noticeable every time someone opens the door to the rest room.

Yes this!
3MTA3

eltee

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »
I've been to two shows at the club since this thread started.  And yes, these lights are too effing bright.  They never bugged me before, but now they do. 
Same here - the ones on the end.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 10:18:33 pm »

Yes this!

true dat, my maign.  Tru dat.
_\|/_

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39:31 am »
you know . . . i was going to post an adorable picture of kitten bartenders.  but then i thought that this mankie character would appreciate something a bit more, spicy.

errrr....no thanks, but this is proof that quality is always superior to quantity.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 09:44:29 am »
vindication!  now if i can only get a few peeps to back me up on the middle of the balcony spotlights, i'll not feel so alone in my visual oppression. 
<sig>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 07:16:10 pm »
errrr....no thanks, but this is proof that quality is always superior to quantity.

seriously... although the one on the right is all right.
_\|/_