Author Topic: Record Store Day Question  (Read 35078 times)

K8teebug

Re: Record Store Day Question
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2012, 08:30:46 am »
Anyone gearing up for this weekend?  Not a ton of must-haves, IMO.  That Flaming Lips & Friends album will ultimately be available through their site, and the Uncle Tupelo stuff as well.  only think I'm really psyched for is Mclusky Does Dallas on vinyl.  Though the live Devo set might be cool too.

I thought the Flaming Lips posted this was it for that release.  I want it, but I can't make it down on Saturday.

nkotb

« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2012, 09:07:08 am »
Oh really?  I had just assumed it would be released later.  Seems most of their rare collaboration stuff gets pushed back out at later dates, but I could be wrong.

hutch

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2012, 09:12:21 am »
i read there are 10,000 copies of the flaming lips item so i think its going to be real easy to find..

the tough one to get will be the phish junta... i betcha it will be going for $400 on ebay...easily..unless they overpress which does happen

there is another band that has some stuff coming out that i want but i will not divulge what... ;D

having a kid though i don't see myself schleppign to a record store at 8 am to stand in line...

last year this guy bought up an entire store of RSD releases to flip ...he was so obvious "is this a records store day exclusive? ok i will take it.. this one no? ok i will leave it.." pissed me off and kind of turned me off to the whole thing...  the owner of the record store shoudl have told him to take a flying leap.

nkotb

« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2012, 09:18:04 am »
Yeah, I'm usually of the "get there at 9:45 mindset" for the same reason.  Honestly, most of the stuff I want isn't in the rare category, so I'm usually not too worried.  Think the only thing I can remember NOT getting was the BTS "Ripple" single, but the store I went to didn't get it, so what can you do?

having a kid though i don't see myself schleppign to a record store at 8 am to stand in line...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2012, 12:50:25 pm »
EDM on RSD? Record Store Day's Top 10 Dance Releases
http://www.spin.com/blogs/edm-rsd-record-store-days-top-10-dance-releases
<sig>

bekessler

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »
There are 5,000 total copies of Junta.  2500 a piece of the two versions.  I know Crooked Beat received a number of each.

hutch

« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2012, 05:06:53 pm »
There are 5,000 total copies of Junta.  2500 a piece of the two versions.  I know Crooked Beat received a number of each.

crooked beat gets everything..that guy is very good about that...i think he lives in my hood here in arlington because i see him at the post office mailing stuff (vinyl/cds he's selling on ebay judging by the packages).. they also get the longest lines by far... crazy crazy long lines..

Got Haggis?

« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2012, 11:37:08 am »
Drove by the sound garden in fells point around 8am - longest line ever, so turned around and went home. Saw a pic taken at 5:30am and looked like there were already 20-30 people in line.  Crazy

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2012, 12:42:08 pm »
That's nuts.  I'll never get out early enough to take advantage of RSD.  Sucks but I'm not getting up at 4am to beat the crowd for a 7-inch.

Yada

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2012, 05:56:14 pm »
Whoa... spent way too much money today. It's impossible for me to sleep in and I made it to the CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring at 7:40am. I was first in line and got everything I wanted plus some... good day!

hutch

« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2012, 09:53:59 pm »
Whoa... spent way too much money today. It's impossible for me to sleep in and I made it to the CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring at 7:40am. I was first in line and got everything I wanted plus some... good day!

did you get the Phish? Thats one I wanted.. but not that badly.. I'm still hoping to get it.. I'd like the cheaper version.

I got what I really wanted : the two Luna LPs .. and I woke up at 930!

also bought the black keys el camino 45 rpm

CD Game Exchange is a great place.. I've bought so much vinyl from them over the years.. I wish they still had stores in DC! Silver Spring is 20 miles from me!

nkotb

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2012, 10:40:13 am »
Got a late start, and managed to hit both CD Cellars on my round trip, but didn't find anything.  Luckily found Heady Fwends on eBay for list price, but still searching for Mclusky Do Dallas, which is what I really wanted anyway.  If anyone sees any stores with RSD stuff online, let me know.

Still didn't stop me from spending quite a bit...but I guess that's the point, right?

Yada

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2012, 12:14:55 pm »

did you get the Phish? Thats one I wanted.. but not that badly.. I'm still hoping to get it.. I'd like the cheaper version.

I got what I really wanted : the two Luna LPs .. and I woke up at 930!

also bought the black keys el camino 45 rpm

CD Game Exchange is a great place.. I've bought so much vinyl from them over the years.. I wish they still had stores in DC! Silver Spring is 20 miles from me!

Yup, the impetus of me getting my ass outta bed. I went there wanting for Junta and maybe one other release... A few hundred dollars later, my morning was complete. Crooked Beat had multiple copies still available last night if you're still looking.

hutch

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2012, 06:05:24 pm »
thanks for the headsup.. if I lived in DC i'd swing by but ain't going to make it...

I'm torn on Junta.. I want it but I don't want to pay $50! :) although if I'd seen a copy at my store for $50 I'd have bought it... :)

Yada

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2012, 06:50:34 pm »
thanks for the headsup.. if I lived in DC i'd swing by but ain't going to make it...

I'm torn on Junta.. I want it but I don't want to pay $50! :) although if I'd seen a copy at my store for $50 I'd have bought it... :)

Listening to this album for the first time in at least 15 years, sounds absolutely pristine. Also, not sure where you live but the Soundgarden in B-more had at LEAST 20 copies this morning.

I picked up a second one.  :o :o :o :o