Author Topic: when is the silver spring fillmore opening?  (Read 10023 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: when is the silver spring fillmore opening?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 06:13:17 pm »

cheesy cross-section view of the filmore (PDF)

I'm pretty sure the dorky mustachioed dude at the foot of the stage with his back to the band is fatskippy. 

Does the artist have any idea what people look like?
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 06:15:32 pm »
how many millions is this project over-budget by now?  the county will be picking up most of that, on top of the $4M they already gave it.  they're cutting school funding and laying off emergency responders, and this is what they're spending my tax dollars on?  if this venue is such a great idea, why isn't it paying for itself?  but hey, we don't care - TEH KAIZER CHEIFS OMG!!!!!111

wow.. who else is going to boycott this place?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 06:26:01 pm »
how many millions is this project over-budget by now?  the county will be picking up most of that, on top of the $4M they already gave it.  they're cutting school funding and laying off emergency responders, and this is what they're spending my tax dollars on?  if this venue is such a great idea, why isn't it paying for itself?  but hey, we don't care - TEH KAIZER CHEIFS OMG!!!!!111

wow.. who else is going to boycott this place?

Me! I said that from day one. Not so much out of loyalty to Seth but mostly due to the extreme political abuses towards we, the citizens. Some of us have to take a stand.

Besides, I flipping HATE the Kaizer Chiefs!

Does anyone else think that it looks like they are more or less ripping off the 930 Club's design?

Bunch of tossers!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:28:23 pm by Jaguar »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 08:43:09 pm »
If they aren't playing DC now, it's highly unlike it's going to change with another venue.

Do you honestly think Seth isn't trying to book these acts if given the chance?
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 09:03:05 pm »
i meant sweetcell is going to boycott the venue!

i just wonder who they are going to book that isn't already coming? how many nights a week will they have rock. i could see it being but 1 or 2 to start...with some comedy, events...

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 10:21:18 pm »

Yep. Jerry Weast can fuck off as well.

lagas

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »
i meant sweetcell is going to boycott the venue!

what would happen if daft punk is their first show booked?

i know it's a stretch, but you never know
zorra

eltee

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 09:17:29 am »
September according to this: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/apps/News/press/PR_details.asp?PrID=6871
"Governor O?Malley and I applaud the tireless efforts that were put in to making this project a reality and we are proud that the State contributed $4 million,? said Lieutenant Governor Brown. ?We both look forward to joining our neighbors in Montgomery County at concerts as soon as this new venue opens."

Mobius

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 11:56:40 am »
there are quite a few bands (national and International) who don't make it south of Philly - I think we will finally get to see alot more bands finally play in the DC market - thank god. Maybe for once, after the Kaiser Chiefs release their next album they can play at the Filmore and it won't be an ultra late night performance as it has been everytime at the 9:30  I would assume the Filmmore won't double book acts on the same night, I can't stand that when the 9:30 does that, cause if the show I want to see becomes the late show, I have to factor in getting a friend's car, or add in cab fare, since the Metro closes during the second show.

The Kaiser Chiefs have played relatively few US club shows and the 9:30 Club has had them at least TWICE and all you do is complain and pray for a shitty knock-off to save you.  What a bitch.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 12:03:01 pm »
there are quite a few bands (national and International) who don't make it south of Philly - I think we will finally get to see alot more bands finally play in the DC market - thank god. Maybe for once, after the Kaiser Chiefs release their next album they can play at the Filmore and it won't be an ultra late night performance as it has been everytime at the 9:30  I would assume the Filmmore won't double book acts on the same night, I can't stand that when the 9:30 does that, cause if the show I want to see becomes the late show, I have to factor in getting a friend's car, or add in cab fare, since the Metro closes during the second show.

The Kaiser Chiefs have played relatively few US club shows and the 9:30 Club has had them at least TWICE and all you do is complain and pray for a shitty knock-off to save you.  What a bitch.

They also have one of the weakest live drummers I've ever see for a band at that level, clearly a product of studio trickery.
T.Rex

yohansen5b

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 02:59:10 pm »
They also have one of the weakest live drummers I've ever see for a band at that level, clearly a product of studio trickery.

Milner, Greg: "Perfecting Sound Forever", pp 300-301.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 03:14:18 pm »

wow my studio trickery comment was meant to be snarky...
T.Rex

yohansen5b

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 04:00:05 pm »

wow my studio trickery comment was meant to be snarky...

In defense of Kaiser Chiefs, Milner points out that it wasn't (isn't) just them.  "PSF" is a pretty good read.

fatskippy

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 01:59:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure the dorky mustachioed dude at the foot of the stage with his back to the band is fatskippy. 

Did I just get insulted by someone who has posted over 12,000 times on a message board?  I think I may have just hit rock bottom.

hutch

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2011, 01:52:28 pm »
First show at Fillmore up on Pollstar is...drumroll..

10-2

George Thorogood...

guy puts on a good show..saw him at Wolftrap a few years ago... I wonder if this is for the opening night party